2015 NHL Entry Draft Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Yup, he should go around our pick.

It's true that we really need a LD (and even some C depth). It will be a hard choice to do, especially since we don't have a 2nd round pick. Hopefully Bergevin can work some magic.

I don't know much about him but I see he racked up the points this year so if he's on board when we pick it will be interesting to see if the Habs are interested in him.

GREMLIN

Tanking enthusiast
Sep 19, 2013
I think Sprong will be gone by the time we pick with the playoffs he's having.

Disappearing Semin

Oct 18, 2012
I dont think anyone will fall this draft since it was heavily scouted being one of the best since years so i would trade down for 2 seconds and hopefully draft a potential 2C and D.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Jeremy Roy had a hatty in team canada's opening game win against Latvia at the u18. Mitchell Stephens with a two goal game of his own. Good performances all around on the team , though giving up six goals against weak opposition is a source of concern. Rudolfs Balcers and especially Karlis Cukste on D looked intriguing on team Latvia, both eligible this year.

Dec 2, 2010
Jeremy Roy had a hatty in team canada's opening game win against Latvia at the u18. Mitchell Stephens with a two goal game of his own. Good performances all around on the team , though giving up six goals against weak opposition is a source of concern. Rudolfs Balcers and especially Karlis Cukste on D looked intriguing on team Latvia, both eligible this year.
Guryanov was also really good for the Russians. What a skater.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
I dont think anyone will fall this draft since it was heavily scouted being one of the best since years so i would trade down for 2 seconds and hopefully draft a potential 2C and D.

Conceding already. Love the mentality. Players falling is as much because scouts have different opinions and simply have another player higher on their board available.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
parker wotherspoon is really good

Probably safest to say it here so I am going to run with it: he is better than Carlo in every aspect of the game aside from intimidation/physicality.

Wotherspoon played the role Petry played for us in Game 1 for Tri-City all season and still managed to post great numbers on a mediocre team..

Above all else he is consistent, which is something to be said for guys this age

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
The Matthews/Tkachuk/Roslovic line went on a tear in Team USA's 10-0 win over Team Slovakia at the U18. 14 points between them in two games. Every year one or two Team USA guy benefits from a good U18 performance to get a late rise in the draft and Roslovic might be that guy this year.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
The Matthews/Tkachuk/Roslovic line went on a tear in Team USA's 10-0 win over Team Slovakia at the U18. 14 points between them in two games. Every year one or two Team USA guy benefits from a good U18 performance to get a late rise in the draft and Roslovic might be that guy this year.

Roslovic was predicted to be an early/midd 2nd rounder even before the U18's, dont think he'll sneak into the late 1st.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Red flags all over the place, has the height and hands but poor skating and work ethic. I'm sure somebody will take a chance on him, but it's a pick you have to be willing to walk away from in 2 years if things don't "click" for him.

The article says speed is one of his assets. Although I trust your opinion more than mine because I've never seen him play. Thing is if he fixes his work ethic and if his skating is fine, he could be worth the gamble.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The article says speed is one of his assets. Although I trust your opinion more than mine because I've never seen him play. Thing is if he fixes his work ethic and if his skating is fine, he could be worth the gamble.

He's one of those "skating is fine for his size" players. His top end and straight ahead speed is fine. He doesn't have great mobility in his turns and his start ups need work, but he's got good balance. Still, he needs to work on his overall skating strength. He doesn't know how to use his edges well. He's a straight ahead skater.

Because of that I don't seem him as a centre at the next level, if he makes it it'll be as an up-and-down power winger. If we have a 3rd round pick, he's one guy who we should consider taking. He could go early - mid 3rd. With a bit of work and a good development system, he projects well as a 3rd liner and has top 6 upside because of a really good release and powerful shot.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
I wasn't impressed by the Fitzgerald's.

are they matched with Ehlers most of the time?

2016 draft related but Pierre-Luc Dubois from Cape Breton added to Canada's U18 roster. Good news for the kid. Éric Dubois' son btw (assistant in Rimouski and former HC in Baie-Comeau).

Last edited:

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
We definitely need a second round pick. But who could we trade to have one?
Parenteau? Who would want him?
DD? Emelin? Tinordi? Gilbert? Reway? Christian Thomas? Andrighetto? Nygren? Thrower?
A package?

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
We definitely need a second round pick. But who could we trade to have one?
Parenteau? Who would want him?
DD? Emelin? Tinordi? Gilbert? Reway? Christian Thomas? Andrighetto? Nygren? Thrower?
A package?

fucale for edmontons 2nd is the easiest answer

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
That or a trade down, we absolutely have to get two picks in the top 60, the possibilities are just too good. One good draft could shore up our center depth for a good while, which is sorely needed. Or a good puck moving D AND a center which would be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad