Speculation: 2015 NHL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
How quickly does the NHL draft move? About when will the Wild be selecting?

1st round is fairly slow. It goes for a few hours. Management discuss trades, then slowly (old men) walk up to the stage, announce their picks, take pictures yadayada.

2-7 rounds, they make the choice via microphone on each table. Quick and easy. But that also takes a few hours as well.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
1st round is fairly slow. It goes for a few hours. Management discuss trades, then slowly (old men) walk up to the stage, announce their picks, take pictures yadayada.

2-7 rounds, they make the choice via microphone on each table. Quick and easy. But that also takes a few hours as well.

So the first night is just the first round then?

Going to a baseball game around 8, 8:30 tonight, so I'm hoping to see the Wild's pick before I head out.

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
So the first night is just the first round then?

Going to a baseball game around 8, 8:30 tonight, so I'm hoping to see the Wild's pick before I head out.

Judging from the duration of the youtube videos of the 2014 draft, they didn't get to the #20th pick until 1 hour and 46 minutes into the draft.

Granlund 64

Mar 17, 2012
Stillwater, MN
Turn on ESPN this morning and they are actually talking NHL draft with an all access look at McDavid and Eichel.... Then they call Eichel, "Jake"

All is right with the world.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Daniel Sprong is Dutch?! Oranjeeeee! Sprong or bust!

:sarcasm:

No, but really, gotta get Sprong now. It's a very rational decision.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I kind of forgot about TSN losing the rights to NHL coverage in Canada, so this year NBCSN will have their own broadcast instead of a simulcast of TSN's coverage. The cool part is they're using guys like McKenzie and Dreger for their analysis which is pretty smart on their end since those guys are considered some of the top hockey insiders today. I'm excited now to see if their broadcast is as good as the TSN broadcast in years past.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
The one thing I will give Pierre McGuire is he's a walking talking encyclopedia of pretty much anything player-related.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad