2015 NHL Draft Thread III (6/26-7PM, 6/27-10AM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Well, it's pretty likely that the Jackets thought highly of Hanifin, as he had to have been their target for moving up. I wasn't sure if they would pick Werenski over Rantanen, but we have our answer there.

We'll probably never know whether they had Provorov ahead of Werenski. I know Porty tweeted that, and all we'll hear is that they preferred ZW and got their man, but I'm curious what the official separation between the two looked like.

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
Well, it's pretty likely that the Jackets thought highly of Hanifin, as that had to have been their target with moving up. I wasn't sure if they would pick Werenski over Rantanen, but we have our answer there.

We'll probably never know whether they had Provorov ahead of Werenski. I know Porty tweeted that, and all we'll hear is that they preferred ZW and got their man, but I'm curious what the official separation between the two looked like.

IDK, I don't think they were trying to trade up ahead of Philly for Werenski. I could be wrong, but I don't think I am.

Hanifin...Arizona was asking for too much, it seems. If they wanted a massive haul, they had to look elsewhere.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
I know, was just making note of it. I don't think going 2012 NYI is the best for our team.
Well as we saw tonight, NYI turned their 2012 picks into something special. Reinhart, Pokka, T.J. Brennan, Anders Nilsson, and a 2015 3rd was turned into Nick Leddy + Matthew Barzal + Anthony Beauvillier.

I agree though. I'd like to see a forward at 38. Chlapik, Harkins, Bracco, Bittner, Novak.. lots of good choices.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Interesting to hear why Kylington dropped so far. OTOH, I don't think you can ever have enough strong stay a home defensemen in the system. Especially since I think Heatherington will "graduate" soon.

Teams are always looking for solid defensemen. They are great chips in trades.

I wonder how many teams have 3 D prospects as big as we do. Not that it matters, but it is nice having some big defensemen in the system.

ClevelandJacketFan

Awesome Mascots!
Nov 1, 2007
...Really?
Interesting to see Griffin Reinhart moved already. Wasn't he drafted two spots after Ryan Murray in 12? Makes me wonder what realistic offers Murray could get.

Very, very good offers.

None of which I'd be inclined to take, mind you. But very good.

I'm more curious as to how Reinhart is almost as valuable as Dougie Hamilton...but, Bruins.

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
If I'm a Bruins fan, it's not today that's so awful. It's now knowing that Neely and Sweeney are idiots and you'll have them for at least 2-3 years.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I am one happy, yet sad camper today! Happy we got 2 VERY solid defenseman (who by the time are ready to play in the NHL wont be our weakspot) yet sad we couldn't get Roslovic. However I still think we should take Pilon or Carlo tomorrow if at all possible. And almost overnight our D pool becomes just as deep as our offensive prospect pool.

Werenski
Carlsson
Carlo/Pilon

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
I agree with this..

I am one happy, yet sad camper today! Happy we got 2 VERY solid defenseman (who by the time are ready to play in the NHL wont be our weakspot) yet sad we couldn't get Roslovic. However I still think we should take Pilon or Carlo tomorrow if at all possible. And almost overnight our D pool becomes just as deep as our offensive prospect pool.

Werenski
Carlsson
Carlo/Pilon

Kylington or Carlo seem to be very good picks at 38

I gotta admit that I am floored we didn't make the trade for Hamilton - I'm sure our offer would have been much better... suck it Boston

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Future at F (potentially)

Milano - Johansen - Bjork
Rychel - Wennberg - Dano
Karlsson - Jenner - Zaar
??? - Chaput - Anderson

And future on D (potentially)

Murray - Werenski
Carlsson - Heatherington
Carlo - Collins

Not too shaby. Gotta keep building up the forwards though, can't just ignore them.

That D has SCARY potential. . .

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Also is anyone else excited for Reimer trying to keep Carlsson and Karlsson from getting mixed up?!

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Morin - 6'7"
Hagg - 6'2"
Sanheim - 6'3"

Heatherington - 6'3"?
Collins - 6'5"
Carlsson - 6'4"

not a huge difference I think

Heatherington seems taller. Also, it just isn't height, but size. Not sure how "big" the PHI guys are.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 27s27 seconds ago

The Maple Leafs have something very significant brewing. Talks have been hearing up all day.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 3s4 seconds ago

From multiple sources, TOR & LA engaged in a very large trade discussion... More to come

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod 40s41 seconds ago

Phaneuf involved in Leafs/Kings discussions. Richards may be part of it going back. If so, Leafs expected to buy him out.

alphafox

Jun 14, 2011
Appears as though we were trying to trade with NJD to draft Werenski at 6th, not Provorov. Also, we apparently had Carlsson "in the teens" on the CBJ draft board.

http://bluejacketsxtra.dispatch.com/content/blogs/puck-rakers/2015/06/jackets-draft-2015.html

Nice to hear that he as some connections with players on the roster.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow I think we will see some kind of movement with the roster itself. Hopefully the 38, Rychel and a roster forward can land us a major roster upgrade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad