2015 NHL Draft Thread III (6/26-7PM, 6/27-10AM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I was watching the draft on Sportsnet and when Columbus drafted Carlsson they said that SOME scouts see some offensive potential in him. They felt IF an NHL team can get the offensive part of his game going then it would be a homerun type of pick.

They also had Braydon Coburn as a comparable.

Werenski was compared to Rob Blake.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So prospects/young NHLers (under 25):

F:
Joey
Jenner
Wennberg
Dano
Rychel
Anderson
Karlsson
Chaput

D:
Murray
Savard
Madaisky
Werenski
Carlsson

All things being equal I would still take a D at 38 then takes some flyers on either F or D.

I wonder is Oliver Kylington worth one at 38 or would Vince Dunn/Rasmuss Anderssson/Jeremy Roy/Nicolas Meloche be better?
Roy,Andersson & Meloche all shoot R.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
So prospects/young NHLers (under 25):

F:
Joey
Jenner
Wennberg
Dano
Rychel
Anderson
Karlsson
Chaput
Milano
Bjorkstrand
Morin

D:
Murray
Savard
Madaisky
Werenski
Carlsson
Heatherington
Collins

Fixed it for ya. But I agree, I would go D again at 38, then forwards and a goalie (maybe 1 one more D) the rest of the way.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Top players under 25 - in no order (I may not have them all in the right position. If I wasn't sure, I left them at their original position.)

C
Ryan Johansen - 22yo
Alexander Wennberg - 20yo
Marko Dano - 20yo
William Karlsson - 22yo
T.J. Tynan - 23yo
Michael Chaput - 23yo

LW
Boone Jenner - 22yo
Matt Calvert - 25yo
Jeremy Morin - 24yo
Markus Hannikainen - 22yo
Kerby Rychel - 20yo
Sonny Milano - 19yo

RW
Oliver Bjorkstrand - 20yo
Daniel Zaar - 21yo
Josh Anderson - 21yo

LHD
Kevin Connauton - 25yo
Ryan Murray - 21yo
Dean Kukan - 21yo
Dillon Heatherington - 20yo
Zach Werenski - 17yo
Gabriel Carlsson - 18yo

RHD
Cody Goloubef - 25yo
Dalton Prout - 25yo
David Savard - 24yo
Ryan Collins - 19yo
Austin Madaisky - 23yo
Blake Siebenaler - 19yo

G
Anton Forsberg - 22yo
Oscar Dansk - 21yo
Joonas Korpisalo - 21yo
Elvis Merzlikins - 21yo

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Dano played RW last year so that helps but yeah RW is thin. Gabriel Gagne at 38 to bolster a bit? And while there are 6 RHD I'm not sure they strike fear anywhere-except maybe in the hearts of Jackets fans

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Looking at that list, RD, It's pretty clear that we need a little more depth at RW and G.

I'm fine with our G. Maybe one really late. RW is fine FOR NOW. Could use maybe one more. You have to remember guys who are listed at C are really RW (like Dano). Also, IMO, some LW may be able to play RW. Add a really good one (trade, draft next year) and it moves everyone down a spot and it doesn't look so bad.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Depth at RW? Daniel Sprong. C'mon, Jarmo, swing for the fences.

Edited to add: for a later round pick, a player I really like is Robin Kovacs, who plays RW but shoots left. He was talked about as a possible 1st round pick for several years and has been hyped in Sweden since a great showing at the TV Pucken tournament (U-15). He was the top scorer for the Allsvenskan team AIK, which Kylington also played for. AIK was in such disarray this season they nearly were relegated to Division 1. But the two 17/18 year old prospects were to blame for that, but it hurt their draft stock.

Last edited:

KlichkoBro*

Carlsson is the only 18 yo player with a points in the SEL play-offs. He also was named the best defenseman of the SEL J-20 league, even though he hasn't scored a single goal in any tournament last season, so I guess his defensive game is stellar.
Another Swedish defenseman, Lukas Carlsson, is still available. He's only 17, but played 1 game in the SEL playoffs already.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Aaron Ward ‏@TSNAaronWard 1m1 minute ago
Hearing trade of Khudobin to Ducks involves Wisniewski coming back to the Hurricanes. #TSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad