2015 NHL Draft Talk v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Yeah, they didn't miss anyone and didn't really gain anything either. Moving down was a risky move that ultimately didn't lead to anything.

The same could be said with us, but on a bigger scale. If we drop down from 5, we're dropping one of the draft "tiers." A pick or two isn't likely going to make that worth the risk.

the way it sounds, 5 isn't the drop off in tiers anymore. Provorov is getting hyped to be as good as Hanifan, whether or not that's actually true. The fact that he's Russian makes it likely he's actually better than Hanifan if these Neanderthals are actually hyping him up.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
On the flip side... CHL vs NCAA, so that evens out any and all anti-Russian bias from those idiots.

And yeah, I do think it's possible Provorov might just be on that same tier of prospect. The separation could be at #6, not #5.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
the way it sounds, 5 isn't the drop off in tiers anymore. Provorov is getting hyped to be as good as Hanifan, whether or not that's actually true. The fact that he's Russian makes it likely he's actually better than Hanifan if these Neanderthals are actually hyping him up.

I'd do Provorov all day, no problem with him. He's played in NA for a few years and clearly wants to play here. I actually see Hanifin and his college career as more of a risk to the Canes.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

True, but I've not heard much about NJ wanting to move up. Most of the time, I've heard Philly, Columbus, San Jose, or Boston.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Yep. Boston seems to be dangling Hamilton and as much as I'd like him I think I'd like Hanifin or Provorov under cost control more. San Jose... not sure I want to trade down that much. But Philly/CBus could make an interesting bidding war if Hanifin's off the board since everything I'm hearing is that both want Provorov.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
So what would Ottawa have to dangle for Canes to give up #5? Don't say no...just play the game.

Obviously the 18 and 21 picks. What else?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
So what would Ottawa have to dangle for Canes to give up #5? Don't say no...just play the game.

If we can't say no, can Ottawa say no? :laugh:

I don't know enough about Ottawas' players to make an offer, but I have to imagine a young, NHL defenseman would be included, plus a top 6 forward.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
If we can't say no, can Ottawa say no? :laugh:

I don't know enough about Ottawas' players to make an offer, but I have to imagine a young, NHL defenseman would be included, plus a top 6 forward.

Hmmm. 18+21+Weircioch+Hoffman?

Reason I'm doing this is to try and hypothetically gauge what Arizona is getting in terms of trade offers. Maloney said there were a few "knock your socks off" offers.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

I think the package starts with Ceci, he is the only real valuable piece that fills a team need.

Ceci + Hoffman + 18th?

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Quasi-on topic: My wife cancelled our cable, and won't have it at our new house until 4pm tomorrow. I was planning on keeping my TV at our current house until the draft was done. Is this a divorceable offense?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Quasi-on topic: My wife cancelled our cable, and won't have it at our new house until 4pm tomorrow. I was planning on keeping my TV at our current house until the draft was done. Is this a divorceable offense?

I believe you are now entitled to watch the draft at a gentleman's club. It's not like she cut off the cable before a playoff game.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
i haven't decided if I'm having a nice strong dark beer for the draft or scotch. Thoughts?

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Hmm... meetup there instead of at the over-packed Buffalo Bros maybe?

I've been absent lately. Is this happening? Is it looking like a decent crowd?

Most importantly, are we still getting fleur-de-lis tattoos afterwards? I'd like to get some kind of design that incorporates the old Nordiques logo. It'll be great for currying favor from our new Quebecois overlords, when that day comes.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Hmm... meetup there instead of at the over-packed Buffalo Bros maybe?

If people are meeting there, I might be able to swing that as it's close enough to me. I'm swamped tonight so unless it's close, I won't be able to.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
You're free to do whatever you want, lol. I'm not in town at the moment. Sorry to potentially hijack the plan.

Haha, no prob.

I've been absent lately. Is this happening? Is it looking like a decent crowd?

Most importantly, are we still getting fleur-de-lis tattoos afterwards? I'd like to get some kind of design that incorporates the old Nordiques logo. It'll be great for currying favor from our new Quebecois overlords, when that day comes.

If people are meeting there, I might be able to swing that as it's close enough to me. I'm swamped tonight so unless it's close, I won't be able to.

Nope, looks like we're still game-on at Buffalo Bros. The one by Bottle Rev, not the one off Capital.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I really hope that unless there is an offer that knocks Francis's socks off, that he doesn't trade down. Canes need skill/impact players and while those can certainly be obtained later on, the odds are less and less.

Two of Hanifin/Strome/Marner/Provorov will be there at #5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad