Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Marner will end up being too small.
Strome will end up being too slow.
Crouse will end up being offensively-inept.
Hanifin will be traded for being "too slow to develop"

So, you see, it doesn't matter who the Canes draft.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
no just a sportswriter or three and a broadcaster. :sarcasm:

tumblr_lk355sStel1qi9q4ko1_r1_500.gif

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919

Knowing the Canes' luck, we could draft all 4 and that's exactly what would happen.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Just take BPA of Hanifin, Strome, or Marner and I will be happy.

Round 2, Ahl or Fischer will work.

Can't imagine there'll be any surprises by the Hurricanes. Francis seems like a guy that doesn't "try too hard" to make the right move, when the right move is usually staring you in the face.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Just take BPA of Hanifin, Strome, or Marner and I will be happy.

Round 2, Ahl or Fischer will work.

Round 2 - any of the above or...Jack Roslovic, Thomas Novak, Nicolas Meloche, Ryan Pilon, Yakov Trenin, Julius Nattinen, or Dennis Yan....really tough to get it wrong in the 1st 3 rounds of this draft.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Round 2 - any of the above or...Jack Roslovic, Thomas Novak, Nicolas Meloche, Ryan Pilon, Yakov Trenin, Julius Nattinen, or Dennis Yan....really tough to get it wrong in the 1st 3 rounds of this draft.

I'm expecting that there will be a faller that everybody expected to go in the 1st round...so whoever that is--don't be cute, just take them.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015

I think Joel Ek is my top target for the 2nd round. I also think there is a slight chance Bittner could slide, key word "slight". I'd actually like to see us maybe move up with are 3rd rounder to acquire another 2nd rounder in this years draft. Greenway, Meloche, Pilon, and Yan I'd all be really happy to grab too. It would be awesome to have two of those guys in the 2nd round.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
I think Joel Ek is my top target for the 2nd round. I also think there is a slight chance Bittner could slide, key word "slight". I'd actually like to see us maybe move up with are 3rd rounder to acquire another 2nd rounder in this years draft. Greenway, Meloche, Pilon, and Yan I'd all be really happy to grab too. It would be awesome to have two of those guys in the 2nd round.

Agreed, there is a ton of talent, really 3 or 4 rounds deep this year. JEE has actually been one of the late risers, so I don't expect him to be around....lots of good northern Euros in addition .... Roope Hintz, Jens Looke, Rasmus Andersson, Robin Kovacs, Gabriel Carlsson, and Jacob Larsson...and that list goes on. I'd guess there's 20-30 blueliners that project to be NHLers.

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
The beauty about drafting Hanifin would be we would likely never have to draft another defenseman again for the next 15 years unless you wanted to build a Preds drafted dream roster:

Josi-Weber
Suter-Jones
Hamhuis-Ellis

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Carlo in the second round if he dropped that far but if we had Hanifin, that means we would have 2-3 top pairing defensemen and A LOT of depth (Murphy, McKeown, Lowe, Pesce, Carrick, etc.)

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I mean, I wouldn't be opposed to drafting Carlo in the second round if he dropped that far but if we had Hanifin, that means we would have 2-3 top pairing defensemen and A LOT of depth (Murphy, McKeown, Lowe, Pesce, Carrick, etc.)

Forgot about Carlo, he'd be a nice 2nd round pickup too. His huge frame is very tempting haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad