Post-Game Talk: 2015 NHL Draft: Celebrations, Complaints, Praises, Concerns

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
I really like the last two picks (Bourque, Addison), Bradley's pick can be justified if you go above the "bad production on a good team" nonsense.

Biggest concern is the whole idea of drafting a guy in the 3rd round who would probably have been there by the 5th round. I won't pretend I know Vejdema, and by the description, he appears to have the tools needed to make his mark.

Juulsen? Seems A LOT like Petry to be honest.

Habskrieg

Apr 6, 2008
Germany
I'm ok with it.

I kind of wished we found a way to unload some contracts. I guess the deals weren't worth it. I most likely wouldn't have wanted MB to pull deals off like Sweeney did. To be honest, I don't think we would have unloaded much during the draft.

I don't know much about our picks. Juulsen looks good. With Beaulieu on the team, Pateryn most likely coming up, that leaves us with a thinner defensive prospect pool. I think it's alright and may have been the best available. We'll see.

For our performances, I'm not mad, not particularly happy either. Just ok.

However, watching Sweeney and the Bruins was fun.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
confirmed with link : No Habs prospect will play in the 2016 WJC in Finland.

sucks.

Hopefully they can make it.

Last edited:

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
I don't know any of these guys, I didn't have time to follow juniors last year.

But going by past years, one of these guys will pan out and play with us regularly, 2 will play in the AHL and give us some hope and 2 will BARELY be blips on the radar.

Juulsen looks good. In more ways than one, AMIRITE?!

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
I can honestly say I don't enough about any of the picks to say too much. I can't be happy or upset about the draft, when it comes to the entry draft, I usually just take Timmins word for it. There's been times when I wasn't crazy about 1st rd selections, like McCarron or Tinordi, but I trust TT, so it is what it is.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
  • Juulsen: Unsexy but could be really solid. Totally top 4 potential.
  • Vejdemo: Nobody knows anything. But our scouting group. Would have chosen someobyd else based on what I know. I just can't wait to see how special he is. But that pick is totally in sync with the Crisp and Koberstein category...guys that are coming from nowhere. As of now....we're waiting the results for the first 2.
  • Bradley: Seems like a bottom 6 player. Again, there was other customers I would have wanted more. But he does have some good credentials.
  • Bourque: Great value pick
  • Addison: Awesome value pick

In the end, I wished we would have found a way to get a 2nd rounder. I think, from my end, we could have done better with our 3rd and 5th. But I'll still call it a good draft based on Juulsen...based on the value of the 6th and 7th rounderse and based on the fact that I'm trusting Timmins that he found an incredible gem with Vejdemo.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
In reality, I know f-all about those guys. A shame that nothing happened for us Habs fans. Would have been pretty dramatic for Bergevin to go ballistic like Sweeney.

Don Sweeney was the small toad on the blue line, right?

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I have no idea. Any of these guys with high end potential as sleepers?

I'm guessing Juulsen and Vedjemo are the only ones with high end potential. Vedjemo seems like a long shot to fulfil high end potential but he sounds pretty interesting.

Juulsen could be a top pairing guy but more likely a 2nd pairing guy.

I don't think the other 3 have any high end potential. Bradley's still pretty interesting. Will see more what he can do with more playing time.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
In reality, I know f-all about those guys. A shame that nothing happened for us Habs fans. Would have been pretty dramatic for Bergevin to go ballistic like Sweeney.

Sweeney was the guy that had the easy job of "covering" for Raymond Bourque. Got a hell of a career out of it.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Honestly I don't "hate" this draft. I am not even remotely excited about it but I don't feel like we wasted a ton of picks like in 2013 where we had so many top 100 picks and took probably the safest draft possible. Vejdemo intrigues me quite a bit.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Very vanilla draft. I guess that's what happens when you don't have a 2nd or 4th.

Next year should be better assuming they keep their picks.

Ah well, look at how everyone was excited after the 2012 draft and how that turned out.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Vejdemo, the way I see it knowing nothing but looking at the situation, is the boom or bust forward that I wanted.

Do you remember that Russian they either signed or drafted that some people said ressembled Ovechkin? And he did sweet **** all?

This is that kind of pick. Let's hope this time it pans out.

deandebean

Jan 14, 2003
Gatineau
Visit site
Sweeney was the guy that had the easy job of "covering" for Raymond Bourque. Got a hell of a career out of it.

That's the guy, the small dude, the Francis Bouillon of Boston. I remember him now.

Nonetheless, Boston was a funny act to follow. Now that Quasimodo is out, who's going to provide the humor when we play the Booins, as there's only Shrek and the Finnish goalie left as the opening acts?

red devil

Oct 14, 2004

I don't anything about these guys either except what I have read.

Yeah Sweeney was the Bruins defenseman, he was annoying to play against. I wouldn't want Bergevin to do what Sweeney did, as he went full rebuild instead making some subtle changes

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Habs should have drafted Andong Song!

Overall I don't know enough about the prospects to make a judgement. I'll have to wait and see. Next year should be better to watch since we'll have more picks. All of this waiting while good players kept falling was hard to go through.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Vejdemo, the way I see it knowing nothing but looking at the situation, is the boom or bust forward that I wanted.

Do you remember that Russian they either signed or drafted that some people said ressembled Ovechkin? And he did sweet **** all?

Avtsin

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Avtsin is probably the worst case of development in Montreal Canadiens history. They brought him over at 19 and played him on the third/fourth line in Hamilton for three years then terminated his contract. He was healthy scratched all throughout his tenure too. Had to develop Dany Masse in the top 6 I guess. :laugh:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Yeah its like a Avtsin, Pribyl, Trunev pick but with the Conner Crisp off the radar thrown in. I think Crisp can improve. I'm confident in him.

Something a bit more appealing about a guy that goes before where he's projected then a faller but that's probably my hopeful thinking.

Still seems like an intriguing pick.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Good comparison. We will see if Vejdemo is Avtsin part 2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad