GDT: 2015 NHL Draft – Rd.1: Fri Jun 26, 7PM ET – TV: SN, NBCSN, TVA – Info: Posts #1-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanny

Let's Win It All
Jun 12, 2009
Bytown
Our target is probably Kyle Connor or Meier if we're trying to move up that high. Don't believe we'd have much interest in Crouse.

SensBrawler

Jun 24, 2013
Our target is probably Kyle Connor or Meier if we're trying to move up that high. Don't believe we'd have much interest in Crouse.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Sens were interested in Crouse. Murray's been trying to get a big power forward on our team for a while and Crouse could fit the bill.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
scouts have been saying there is a talent drop after the top 50. Pretty sweet we got 4 picks in the top 50, still ****ed up that we lost a guy I was so invested in.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
scouts have been saying there is a talent drop after the top 50. Pretty sweet we got 4 picks in the top 50, still ****ed up that we lost a guy I was so invested in.

That's the trouble with getting emotionally/financially attached to players. At the end of the day they are bargaining chips. I learned my lesson with about player investment with Silf.

Moving into the top 10 would be epic.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
That's the trouble with getting emotionally/financially attached to players. At the end of the day they are bargaining chips. I learned my lesson with about player investment with Silf.

Moving into the top 10 would be epic.

No kidding. So many good defencemen in the top 10 this year. Plenty of top end talent, too.

Blarginator

Mar 24, 2010
Man, 4 top 50 picks in a deep draft like this has me excited. If GMBM wants to move up I hope he packages a 1st with a 2nd + whatever to improve the pick, not two firsts for a better one. Drafting 2 first rounders and 2nd would restock our prospect pool big time.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
I would love Lawson Crouse. Guy plays his ass off every single shift.

For those that follow the 67's he's a more offensive Van Stralen who plays with a lot of grit.

That being said, I actually hope we don't move up. I'd love to get 2 first rounders, one D (Roy) and one F (Merkley).

Roy and Merkley would be a dream first round.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I'd like to see the team take a waiver on Nicholas Meloche.

Thread on Meloche

Why do you like him?

A lot of the same reasons that came up in the thread. He's a smart player. Very poised. And the raw talent is visible. I think he has the potential to be one of the better defencemen to come out of the draft, yet he's likely to go in the early-to-mid 2nd.

I've been pumping his tires here for a while. I got to see a bit of him this year through work, he is going to be an absolute gem. No doubt in my mind that he's in the same tier as Chabot/Zboril/Roy among the Q defenseman. I'd also love Brisebois

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad