Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Mitch Marner -- 81.22%
2. William Nylander -- 97.50%
3. Kasperi Kapanen -- 51.18%
4. Connor Brown -- 80.00%
5. Stuart Percy -- 28.67%
6. Frederick Gauthier -- 29.64%
7. Andreas Johnson - - 32.43%
8. Jeremy Bracco - - 37.30 %

Dymtro Timashov
Zack Hyman
Christopher Gibson
Antoine Bibeau
Matt Finn
Martin Dzierkals
Travis Dermott
Carter Verhaeghe
Scott Harrington
Brandon Leipsic
Rinat Valiev
Victor Loov
Petter Granberg
Nikita Soshnikov
Josh Leivo

Garret Sparks
Fabrice Herzog
John Piccinich
Casey Bailey
Pierre Engvall
Nolan Vesey
Jamie Devane
Tony Cameranesi
Dominic Toninato
Dakota Joshua
Sam Carrick
Ryan Rupert
Tom Nilsson
Cody Donaghey
Stephan Desrocher
Andrew Nielson
Nikita Korostelev
Jesper Lindgren

Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8

Suggest who I should add next :D

Last edited:

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Harrington + Leivo will 100% hit 100 GP imo, Leipsic I'd say is 95% likely to. One of the three.

Voted for Leipsic. He turned 21 at the end of the season, and put up 54 points in the AHL. Pretty solid.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
Dermott (5th time)

followed by Harrington, Leipsic, Loov, Bibeau, Finn, Valiev, Leivo, Soshnikov, Nilsson, Carrick, Nielson, Granberg and Toninato

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Wow, Shanny is in trouble now. Time to fire Hunter and the scouts again, they had Dermott over Bracco...

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Wow, Shanny is in trouble now. Time to fire Hunter and the scouts again, they had Dermott over Bracco...

Pre draft consensus was pretty close. Bracco 30ish and Dermott 40ish.

I went with Harrington as he was dominant defensively last year in the AHL but Leipsic and Dermott would be good too.

The only issue I have with Dermott here is that his ceiling is widely considered a solid second pairing d. Harrington has a 5 year head start on him and is widely considered to soon become a solid 2nd pairing D. (sticking to his 7.0 B rating).

Are many around here seeing first pairing upside with Dermott? I know Percy looked so good early last year it was easy to overlook Harrington had an amazing season but Dermott seems pretty far away to put above a guy who could be a major contributor THIS year.

Audacious416

Sep 30, 2007
Add, Jesper Lindgren.

This prospect screams steal. Picked 95th overall (4th round) in this years draft. He is one of very few defensemen his age to make an appearance in the SHL, which is impressive in itself. Add his domination with the MODO J20 team, and you have a defensive prospect that will be worth the wait for the Leafs. Ranked 19th best European skater by NHL Central Scouting and 58th by McKeen's, Lindgren could end being one of the defensive jewels in the 2015 Entry Draft. Not only is he fleet of foot while carrying the puck, he manages to be creative while making smart decisions on the ice. Although small, he is tenacious and makes it incredibly difficult to defend against. Playing with Modo in the SuperElit league, he was very clearly the best U18 defenseman by a country mile.

Bergman usually gets his input in the last few rounds every year but this year he got a mid-rounder choice in a deep draft. That there, just tells you how high Lindgren's upside is.

http://thehockeywriters.com/jesper-lindgren-the-next-ones-nhl-2015-draft-prospect-profile/

http://prospects.dobbersports.com/Undrafted-Under-20/jesper-lindgren

ATBLeafsTyler

Dec 15, 2014
Newmarket, Ontario
Add, Jesper Lindgren.

This prospect screams steal. Picked 95th overall (4th round) in this years draft. He is one of very few defensemen his age to make an appearance in the SHL, which is impressive in itself. Add his domination with the MODO J20 team, and you have a defensive prospect that will be worth the wait for the Leafs. Ranked 19th best European skater by NHL Central Scouting and 58th by McKeen's, Lindgren could end being one of the defensive jewels in the 2015 Entry Draft. Not only is he fleet of foot while carrying the puck, he manages to be creative while making smart decisions on the ice. Although small, he is tenacious and makes it incredibly difficult to defend against. Playing with Modo in the SuperElit league, he was very clearly the best U18 defenseman by a country mile.

Bergman usually gets his input in the last few rounds every year but this year he got a mid-rounder choice in a deep draft. That there, just tells you how high Lindgren's upside is.

http://thehockeywriters.com/jesper-lindgren-the-next-ones-nhl-2015-draft-prospect-profile/

http://prospects.dobbersports.com/Undrafted-Under-20/jesper-lindgren

Put up VERY similar numbers to Erik Karlsson too in his draft year.

Karlsson: 38 GP 13+24=37 P with Frolunda J20
One goal in 7 SHL games

Lindgren: 39 GP 6+27=33 P with Modo J20
One assist in 4 SHL games

Not to say he's gonna be the next Karlsson, but sure looks promising.

But I voted Harrington here.

Last edited:

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Harrington is the pick again.

NHL ready. Darkhorse for taking a spot out of camp.

100% agree, 3rd time voting for him. I think if he doesn't start for the Leafs it will be because they have the "no rush" attitude & to just give him that extra ice with the Marlies.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I voted for the only defenseman in our pool of prospects who assisted on three goals in the second and third periods of this year's WJC.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
Put up VERY similar numbers to Erik Karlsson too in his draft year.

Karlsson: 38 GP 13+24=37 P with Frolunda J20
One goal in 7 SHL games

Lindgren: 39 GP 6+27=33 P with Modo J20
One assist in 4 SHL games

Not to say he's gonna be the next Karlsson, but sure looks promising.

But I voted Harrington here.

Lindgren is a VERY interesting prospect ... he's one of those guys who is just smooth, similar to Lidstrom, Karlsson, and Stralman - not saying he will be as good as them, but seems to have that style of smooth skating, able to control the play, and limit mistakes.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Are many around here seeing first pairing upside with Dermott? I know Percy looked so good early last year it was easy to overlook Harrington had an amazing season but Dermott seems pretty far away to put above a guy who could be a major contributor THIS year.

Would you rather have a guy who might play on the 2nd pairing this year, or wait a couple years for a guy who might play on your top pair? I have Dermott over Harrington based on potential, rather than who will play in the NHL sooner.

100% agree, 3rd time voting for him. I think if he doesn't start for the Leafs it will be because they have the "no rush" attitude & to just give him that extra ice with the Marlies.

Or he might be on the Marlies because the Leafs already have 7 NHL dmen.

Wow, no love for Valiev.

He's my #9.

Valiev and Dermott are pretty close for me, especially if you look at their production (their past 3 seasons are almost identical). However, I give Dermott the edge since he is a year younger. That being said, it's a little hard to compare them directly due to the different leagues they were playing in 3 & 4 yrs ago. Once you get down to comparing point production in OJHL vs USHL, and minor midget vs MHL/MHL B, I really have no idea of how comparable they are. Then there's the fact that looking at their stat sheets doesn't tell you enough, especially with dmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad