Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
This will look so different come next April. Not just trades, but AT LEAST one of Nielson, Dzierkals, Lindgren, Timashov, Desrochers and Korostelev will exceed all expectations and compete for a top 5 spot. And then there's the underrated guys like Leipsic, Bibeau, Valiev, Verhaeghe, Soshnikov and Finn who might just take that next step in the AHL next year.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
This will look so different come next April. Not just trades, but AT LEAST one of Nielson, Dzierkals, Lindgren, Timashov, Desrochers and Korostelev will exceed all expectations and compete for a top 5 spot. And then there's the underrated guys like Leipsic, Bibeau, Valiev, Verhaeghe, Soshnikov and Finn who might just take that next step in the AHL next year.

Tis a great problem my man

NotSince67*

For me it was a toss up between Loov, Leipsic and Leivo. I put a lot more emphasis on development, and a player who's further ahead in his development and further on the depth chart is important to me (for instance, I would put Carrick ahead of Johnson simply because he's closer to the NHL and has a body of work to look at in NA Pro)

Between those 3 I named, I would say Leivo is maybe further ahead but did disappoint somewhat in his point totals. Seemed to show flashes of his upside but not able to sustain it, and struggled after his demotion. Leipsic had a strong rookie campaign, and showed upside but I did seem to want more from him in terms of a top-6 potential guy. I think he may end up a 3rd line player who produces well in that role.

I picked Loov because I think he acclimated himself well in his first year in NA pro and by year's end was a critical piece on the Marlies back end and to me was arguably their best all around defender. His skillset translates really well and I think his upside is underrated. At this point Loov to me has a possibility of becoming a better player than Percy on the basis that he's looking to be more suited to have more facets to his game rather than being more reliant on offensive capabilities.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Dermott, but voted Johnson, because he has a better chance to beat Bracco, who shouldn't be in the Top 10 IMO.

Lol at all the anti-Gauthier posts, Dubas disagrees with you.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Dermott, but voted Johnson, because he has a better chance to beat Bracco, who shouldn't be in the Top 10 IMO.

Lol at all the anti-Gauthier posts, Dubas disagrees with you.

Bracco's upside alone puts him top 10.

And I totally agree on Gauthier. I love how a bunch of people who have never seen him play just assume he won't amount to anything because he doesn't put up huge point totals. Ironically, these are often the people whining about our future "size problems"

Some people just like to complain.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Oh boy, Bracco ahead of Dermott. The guy the Leafs drafted 27 spots higher than Bracco no less than two weeks ago. This place sometimes is just... :facepalm:

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Oh boy, Bracco ahead of Dermott. The guy the Leafs drafted 27 spots higher than Bracco no less than two weeks ago. This place sometimes is just... :facepalm:

Bracco is flashy, I guess that's people like him. I was about to say his upside is higher, but Dermott is as likely be a #2D than Bracco is to be a top line winger. Bracco's bust chance is also way higher.

Stephen23

Aug 22, 2009
Halifax, NS
For me, I think this should go to Brendan Leipsic. Bracco is a very close 2nd and went back and forth between the two. But I think just based on what Leipsic has done so far and his successful rookie year in the AHL gives him the veryslight edge here.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Oh no doubt. He was top 3 for Pittsburg (rated higher than Kapanen by some) and he's not top 10 in ours? Lol. We aren't THAT deep.

Pittsburgh has a pretty bad prospect pool.

Making the playoffs for a long time on top of trading most top 60 picks/top prospects will do that though. I actually think they have the worst prospect pool in the league.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
to all those voting Johnson, id bet he never plays a singly game in the NHL.

... and Bracco or whoever else will?

Why will he "never" play in the NHL? I can't wait to hear this in depth analysis.

The winger, who turned 20 in November, was the youngest player in the Swedish Hockey League's (SHL) top-25 scorers this past season. He finished 21st overall with 35 points in 55 games, one season removed from winning the league's Rookie of the Year award.

Such a terrible prospect indeed.

Banic

Jun 23, 2010
Toronto
Pittsburgh has a pretty bad prospect pool.

Making the playoffs for a long time on top of trading most top 60 picks/top prospects will do that though. I actually think they have the worst prospect pool in the league.

Which I agree with to an extent. But its not like ours is that deep either. Ours way rated bottom 5 by scouts before this past draft. The guy is as good as Percy, has gone to the WJC like Gauthier (was a leader there), will be an NHL player, and has proved in the AHL he can play on a top pairing there. And is over 6 foot for those that care so much about that. My guess/hope is he goes 10th which is cool.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
It should be between Bracco and Harrington here.

Yes Bracco is a boom/bust guy but he has been proving everyone wrong for a long time and has a 1st line winger ceiling. For those who seem to care, consensus ratings before the draft had him as a fringe first rounder. Steal at 61. If he was 6 ft. tall, he would have been at least a top fifteen pick this year. Numbers are insane.

Harrington and Percy are real close when it comes to ceiling/experience but I think Harrington has a slight edge. 1st pairing plus 19 in 48 games in the AHL last year really stands out to me. I see a durable minute munching 2nd pairing up with the leafs very soon. Harrington also captained Team Canada and the London Knights and we need some solid young leadership, thats for sure.

I actually think Harrington has a good shot of making the D core out of camp.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

Bracco has ridiculously high upside and its perfectly fine for people to give that more weight if that's how they feel.

This poll is entirely subjective and reliant on personal opinion. People need to stop acting like there are correct answers and that everyone should vote the same. This is getting annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad