Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
I will make a thread everyday until we have determined the top 30 prospects according to Leaf fans on HFBoards.

Rankings:
1. Mitch Marner -- 81.22%
2. William Nylander -- 97.50%
3. Kasperi Kapanen -- 51.18%
4. Connor Brown -- 80.00%
5. Stuart Percy -- 28.67%
6. Frederick Gauthier -- 29.64%
7. Andreas Johnson -- 32.43%
8. Jeremy Bracco -- 37.30 %
9. Travis Dermott -- 37.69%
10. Brendan Leipsic -- 40.74%
11. Scott Harrington -- 65.07%
12. Victor Loov -- 46.67%
13. Josh Leivo -- 36.84%
14. Rinat Valiev -- 40.94%
15. Antoine Bibeau -- 31.49%
16. Matt Finn -- 45.73%
17. Petter Granberg -- 19.59%
18. Nikita Soshnikov --19.05%
19. Carter Verhaeghe -- 21.57%
20. Martins Dzierkals -- 25.18%
21. Dmytro Timashov -- 22.15%
22. Sam Carrick -- 24.46%
23. Jesper Lindgren -- 25.40%
24. Zachac Hyman -- 20.07%

Dakota Joshua
Christopher Gibson
Casey Bailey
Garrett Sparks
Stephan Desrocher
Dominic Toninato
Ryan Rupert
Nolan Vesey
Nikita Korostelev
Tom Nilsson
Andrew Nielson
Pierre Engvall
Fabrice Herzog
John Piccinich
Tony Cameranesi
Cody Donaghey
Byron Froese

Prospect Ranking #1
Prospect Ranking #2
Prospect Ranking #3
Prospect Ranking #4
Prospect Ranking #5
Prospect Ranking #6
Prospect Ranking #7
Prospect Ranking #8
Prospect Ranking #9
Prospect Ranking #10
Prospect Ranking #11
Prospect Ranking #12
Prospect Ranking #13
Prospect Ranking #14
Prospect Ranking #15
Prospect Ranking #16
Prospect Ranking #17
Prospect Ranking #18
Prospect Ranking #19
Prospect Ranking #20
Prospect Ranking #21
Prospect Ranking #22
Prospect Ranking #23
Prospect Ranking #24

Suggest who I should add next. :D

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #25 poll thread - please merge mods

I swear to God it's my tablet and not me when I saw reward up like this. :laugh:

burpsalot

Feb 12, 2015
Bailey 1st, then probably, Neilsen, Toninato & Korostelev. Just not sure of the order yet.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Serious reach on Hyman last round. Went 10 spots too high. I can name at least 10 players that should be ranked higher than him. If Bozak's production was raised by playing with Kessel and JVR, that should be multiplied by 100 for Hyman playing with Larkin, Werenski, Copp, Motte, Compher, Downing and Nieves. All of these guys are like high end NCAA talent.

I think the fact that he barely put up a 0.3 PPG his first three seasons combined should be a major red flag... And that still was when he was playing with better guys than Bailey, Cameranesi and Toninato had to work with (and still producing lower numbers).

ATBLeafsTyler

Dec 15, 2014
Newmarket, Ontario
Serious reach on Hyman last round. Went 10 spots too high. I can name at least 10 players that should be ranked higher than him. If Bozak's production was raised by playing with Kessel and JVR, that should be multiplied by 100 for Hyman playing with Larkin, Werenski, Copp, Motte, Compher, Downing and Nieves. All of these guys are like high end NCAA talent.

I think the fact that he barely put up a 0.3 PPG his first three seasons combined should be a major red flag... And that still was when he was playing with better guys than Bailey, Cameranesi and Toninato had to work with (and still producing lower numbers).

That's what I was saying last vote. I have very little hopes he turns in to anything at all. Hope I'm wrong, but yeah.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
That's what I was saying last vote. I have very little hopes he turns in to anything at all. Hope I'm wrong, but yeah.

Ya I'm not an expert but I am mystified by some of the picks. There are some very solid players have a legit shot at playing some NHL games still not picked - Tom Nilsson comes to mind. Byron Froese is on this list but is way behind Korostelev for some crazy reason.

Alexanderthe89

Apr 29, 2011
Bailey again, then Froese.

I like Nilsson but I'm just not sold on his ability to contribute to an NHL team. Who are his NHL comparables?

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013

There are still people better than him on the board. That's the problem. He shouldn't be in the top 30. He shouldn't even be the top 35.

He's another shot at Frattin. That's it. We gave up McKegg, so not a huge loss. The thing is, Hyman is worse than Frattin, and Frattin is a borderline NHLer at this point. Maybe if Hyman stays away from injuries like Frattin did and plays with the right line mates, he can become a decent top 9 player. Considering every single winger in our system can say the same thing, or better, without having to play with good linemates, that puts him near the bottom.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Why would you vote if you haven't seen them play? :propeller

Guaranteed less than 10% of this board has seen all of our prospects. Eventually you have to vote on prospects that you haven't seen. If you only vote for prospects you've seen (like watching them once or twice is a big deal anyhow) then players like Granberg, Carrick, etc., should be top 10, while a player like Bracco should be way lower because most people haven't seen him play.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Time for Sparks and Gibson. I really see no reason why Bibeau should be so much higher than them.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Why would you vote if you haven't seen them play? :propeller

In order to truly qualify to vote, you can't have just seen the guy you're voting for. You have to have seen everyone.

Guys who have seen one of our prospects will often grow attached to that guy, but without seeing the other guys to compare them to, their vote isn't really worth more than anyone else's.

It's just for fun.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Ya I'm not an expert but I am mystified by some of the picks. There are some very solid players have a legit shot at playing some NHL games still not picked - Tom Nilsson comes to mind. Byron Froese is on this list but is way behind Korostelev for some crazy reason.

I agree with this. Nilsson, Froese, Gibson and Bailey all could possibly play a few NHL games as soon as next season.

Fans who like big bruisers and think the Leafs are drafting too small might hold some hope for Toninato. Instead putting your hopes in amateurs who have trouble producing and projecting them as future effective 4th liners, look to a big guy like Toninato who produces in the NCAA plus has that big body. Or if you don't like that, there's his speedy teammate, Tony Cameranesi, who is small but skilled. Then there's Nolan Vesey who had a good freshman season playing in a very competitive NCAA conference.

It's an encouraging list nonetheless because in the previous regime many players like Froese, Gibson, Bailey and Hyman would have been top 15 prospects in a thin pool. Go take a look at this Marlies team (2010-11): http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/leagues/seasons/teams/0039912011.html. We were putting our hopes into "free wallets" and other teams' discarded draft picks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad