Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia
I voted for Loov.

I think that he has some serious upside, I have him close to Scott Harrington and Stuart Percy, even though I believe they have a little bit higher probability to reach #3D.

And I agree, Valiev also has really good potential, I see him following Loov very closely. From defensemen my next tier are Lindgren and Finn, I believe that both can be top4 D, but aren't as likely to reach it as previously stated prospects.

Please add Lindgren.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Finnster, Finnerama, rocking the dorsel Finn...

done in my best Rob Schneider SNL skit voice.

leafs in five

Feb 4, 2007
engelland
do the people think Bibeau can be an NHL starter? i keep voting for him on the belief that a potential starting goalie is a better prospect than you know Scott Harrington for example

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
We have so many good prospects.

Leivo is likely to be a 2nd/3rd line tweener and he's yet to be in the board
Loov, Finn, Valiev, have the potential to be second pairing guys.
Some believe Bibeau has starting potential

Like, Carter Verheghe and all the others.

So much skill, and potential

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
do the people think Bibeau can be an NHL starter? i keep voting for him on the belief that a potential starting goalie is a better prospect than you know Scott Harrington for example

Any one who followed the Marlies closely last season would know that at his best Bibeau has the talent to be more than just an NHL starter, but a true #1, and more than even that, an Elite #1. This is why i have at times considered ranking him in the top-5.

The trick is that he is just 21 years of age, and at his wildly erratic worst, he can be a completely incapable mess. Trading him or letting him go could easily be as monumental an error as trading Rask for Raycroft. Or he could end up being some goalie for a secondary Euro league.

He should be, in my opinion, higher on this list. If he builds upon his first pro season rather than regresses, then he will be.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
When Marner gets sent back down to London, does that mean that management values Daniel Winnik more than him?

Normally I enjoy your opinion but this statement doesn't make sense.

You can have a top prospect goaltender and someone can come out of nowhere and become the number one. (LA with Quick and Bernier)

Impossible to judge goalies IMO, so it's luck and preference.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Normally I enjoy your opinion but this statement doesn't make sense.

You can have a top prospect goaltender and someone can come out of nowhere and become the number one. (LA with Quick and Bernier)

Impossible to judge goalies IMO, so it's luck and preference.

I'm just saying that just because someone was utilized a certain way this past year, and may be better in the present, that doesn't necessarily mean management has a preference for them, or values them any more as a piece in the future.

Saying management prefers Gibson because they played him more in certain situations last year doesn't have anything to do with how they value him relative to Bibeau as a building block.

catgoldfish

Nov 15, 2004
British Columbia
Man oh man. Whatever happened to Matt Finn? He was once in our top 5. Guy doesn't even crack the top ten let alone maybe the top 20. Wow! Just like Jesse Blacker.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
Bibeau played the last game and many saw if he had been playing the whole series we would have won.
I don't think they would have won if they had Hasek in net. They were fully dominated.
Bibeau seemed hot and cold all year but definitely looks promising.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Man oh man. Whatever happened to Matt Finn? He was once in our top 5. Guy doesn't even crack the top ten let alone maybe the top 20. Wow! Just like Jesse Blacker.

Well he had a rough year that was basically a write-off in terms of development. His stock would quickly bounce back if he gets off to a good start this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia