Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Leivo I think is one of our most NHL ready players - so I choose him.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Went with Leivo, but thought awhile about Loov.

Wasnt' Leivo top 3 or something last year? Partly shows an increase in prospect depth, and partly because he's now kind of at that make-or-break point and his value has probably sunk over the last year.

Also, we like shiny stuff :D

Marmoset

Apr 4, 2015
GTA
Went with Leivo, but thought awhile about Loov.

Wasnt' Leivo top 3 or something last year? Partly shows an increase in prospect depth, and partly because he's now kind of at that make-or-break point and his value has probably sunk over the last year.

Also, we like shiny stuff :D

I'm pretty sure he was somewhere around there. Plus, basically nobody is voting for Matt Finn and we're down to #12. I know he struggled, but still, it reflects very well on how our prospect pool has improved.

I went with Bibeau again, but it's getting tough. Just about everybody on the list is worthy of consideration after the next couple of guys or so.

For next on the list, I suggest adding Nielsen.

Looney Toonies

May 30, 2012
Canada
Wanted to pick Leivo, but at this point it seems pointless. Loov hits like a truck, plays smart defensively, Top 4 potential, and has amazing interviews. Not a bad second choice.

ChickenMcNugget

Jun 20, 2014
Ontario, CA
I don't get why valiev didn't get picked yet. Looking at his stats he doubled his point totals from previous year, scored at a near 0.9 ppg pace which is on par with prospects like morrissey.

So is it character issues holding him back? Skating ? because i think his numbers are pretty good right?

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Valiev is really being overlooked in these rankings IMO. Has only progressed since he was drafted last season and was on silver medal Russia's 1st pairing at the WJC this past winter. I've been showing him love since thread #7.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
I don't get why valiev didn't get picked yet. Looking at his stats he doubled his point totals from previous year, scored at a near 0.9 ppg pace which is on par with prospects like morrissey.

So is it character issues holding him back? Skating ? because i think his numbers are pretty good right?

He's not known to have any character issues.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008

Agreed, think Valiev is coming along nicely. He was almost a ppg in his whl season and in the playoffs. He needs to have one more season in the whl before he can come to the Marlies correct? He was pretty much the go to guy already on the Kootenay back end from what I've read about him, he's taken that role and ran with it.

Think he's done a lot of what the development team has asked from him to do and I'd pretty much consider him where Finn was before Finn got injured and stalled in his development. Finn almost ppg in ohl season and playoffs before he went to the Marlies.

NotSince67*

Considering he played on his ELC can you please add Carrick? It seems like a huge snub that he's not even an option at this point.

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
Considering he played on his ELC can you please add Carrick? It seems like a huge snub that he's not even an option at this point.

Yeah, and seeing we're coming on to the halfway point of this and he's got a high chance of being an effective NHLer.. really should be on the voting block by now.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

I think people want to see what he can do in the AHL for a full season first.

He was skipped over in his draft year, and was taken in the third round the next; which I remember reading was a bit of a reach at the time.

So he was a year older then most taken when he was drafted, but he did have a really good season. Again it was technically his draft year +2 though.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Needs to be more Loov around here. Kid can hit. Keeps guys honest coming accross the blueline.

Here here, I love a dman who keeps the forwards looking over their shoulder because they know they might get crushed if they don't.
Time to give Loov some love

ATBLeafsTyler

Dec 15, 2014
Newmarket, Ontario
Agreed, think Valiev is coming along nicely. He was almost a ppg in his whl season and in the playoffs. He needs to have one more season in the whl before he can come to the Marlies correct? He was pretty much the go to guy already on the Kootenay back end from what I've read about him, he's taken that role and ran with it.

Think he's done a lot of what the development team has asked from him to do and I'd pretty much consider him where Finn was before Finn got injured and stalled in his development. Finn almost ppg in ohl season and playoffs before he went to the Marlies.

Nope, he becomes pro this year. Went undrafted in his first year of eligibility so he's basically at the same point as the 2013 draft class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad