Prospect Info: 2015 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
No we don't, goalies are overrated. A good defense makes a good goalie.

Some consider it the most important position in the game. I agree that great D can make a goalie look good but a great goalie can make it look even better.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Gets tough here, as I see several prospects of similar value. I'm guessing Harrington/Leipsic will win th popular vote which seems fine. Finn, Valiev and Loov are close, too.

I would add Carrick.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
Had to go with Harrington here. Seems almost a lock to be a solid 4-5 guy. I usually go for skill but at this point, I'll take Harrington.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Some consider it the most important position in the game. I agree that great D can make a goalie look good but a great goalie can make it look even better.

Good point. Carey Price is a great goalie, while Antti Niemi is viewed as a mediocre starter. Guess who has won more Cups? I'm not too concerned with our lack of elite goalie prospects, considering Tampa and Anaheim are the only teams who have a prospect of that caliber, imo. Also, the somewhat recent past has shown us that a good team is more important than an elite goalie in the playoffs.

I've got Bibeau higher than #10, but goalies, they always get passed over.
Meh ... voting Leipsic here.

That's cuz nobody knows how to rate goalies. Heck, I even have a hard time ranking forwards and defencemen together. Now you want to add in a position that even professionals have a hard time getting a good read on? Good luck with that...

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
That's cuz nobody knows how to rate goalies. Heck, I even have a hard time ranking forwards and defencemen together. Now you want to add in a position that even professionals have a hard time getting a good read on? Good luck with that...

Very hard position to rank. No doubt. I don't mind that Bibeau will fall to below #15 here. I do like what i have seen though. For my own part, with a 21 year old goalie, i want to know, 'what he CAN do', more than how consistent he is. Therefore, i have him as high as i do. Not because i feel certain he will work out, but because his best games have been pretty brilliant.

His first pro season was hella erratic, which the overall stat line does not reflect entirely... but Antoine Bibeau had 4 shutouts in his first 31 pro games. On a team that gave up a crap ton of shots for much of the season. ... posting better overall numbers than his junior seasons. He had a few real stinkers, but the glorious games were brilliant. Absolutely brilliant at times.

He's only 21. Gibson is about 18 months older, so still very young, and has also played very very well. But the best of Bibeau is just ... REALLY GOOD.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Wanted to vote Loov, but he doesn't stand a chance now. So, I'll go with Leipsic.

bobermay

Mar 6, 2009
Fredericton
10 - Loov
11 - Leipsic
12 - Harrington
13 - Valiev
14 - Bibeau
15 - Finn
16 - Nilsson
17 - Froese
18 - Granberg
19 - Carrick
20 - Dzierkals
21 - Soshnikov
22 - Leivo
23 - Lindgren
24 - Timashov
25 - Donaghey
26 - Bailey
27 - Nielsen
28 - Engvall
29 - Toninato
30 - Hyman

HEY SCHENN - Why isn't Froese on the list? I have him at #17!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad