OT: 2015 IIHF World Championships

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Mike Smith stopped 22/25 and was named Player of the Game for Canada. Marty Erat scored one of the 3 that beat Smitty.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Kind of makes you wonder how much of his play was because of coaching. He has looked great from what I've seen of IIHF. Maybe they were trying to force Yandle's role onto him? Maybe Playfair is just stubborn and wont adjust to rangy types of players. Tippett and Maloney had high praises for him in the exit interviews, yet said nothing about Gormely.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Funny we have Moore and Murphy on team USA and everyone in the WC discussion is praising the defense of team USA. Like I said all season, our defense wasn't the issue, it was our lack of any kind of sustained pressure that screwed over our defense.

Also, seeing Eichel kills me. I can't believe how ****ed we got in the lottery. He is really damn good defensively as well. DT would have gushed over him.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Funny we have Moore and Murphy on team USA and everyone in the WC discussion is praising the defense of team USA. Like I said all season, our defense wasn't the issue, it was our lack of any kind of sustained pressure that screwed over our defense.

You are 100% correct. There is much more to icing a strong defensive team than having good defensemen.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Rieder was named best player for Germany against Sweden today.
He played really well and seemed to create something offensively every other shift, which with this Germany team is quite impressive. He never seems to take a shift off, which makes him fun to watch.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Rieder was named best player for Germany against Sweden today.
He played really well and seemed to create something offensively every other shift, which with this Germany team is quite impressive. He never seems to take a shift off, which makes him fun to watch.

I think this WC will be super good for him. It lets him be the main offensive driver of a team, hopefully he learns from the experience and brings it to the team next year and breaks out offensively

Also, OEL played 27min against Germany while nobody else broke 20

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I think this WC will be super good for him. It lets him be the main offensive driver of a team, hopefully he learns from the experience and brings it to the team next year and breaks out offensively

Also, OEL played 27min against Germany while nobody else broke 20

:laugh:

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Rieder with a beautiful defensive play and assist just now against Czech Republic.
First he stole the puck from Voracek and then went off to the races. He fed a nice little pass to Michael Wolf on the 2-on-1, who put it into the back of the net. :handclap:

Lexus

OWN THE MOMENT.
Jan 29, 2009
OEL now leads ALL players in scoring in the tournament with 11 points in 7 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad