OT: 2015 IIHF World Championships

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
A few Coyotes will be playing. I can't find my source I found a couple days ago for the USA roster but I remember reading that Connor Murphy, John Moore, and Mark Arcobello are going to be on the roster. Martin Erat will be representing the Czech Republic and Tobias Rieder has confirmed for Germany. Lauri Korpikoski did not make it onto Finland's preliminary 27-man roster, and there's no news on Denmark yet but Mikkel Boedker is probably not ready to go yet, so I don't think he'll play. Oliver Ekman-Larsson will be playing for Sweden.

Also, Mike Smith is going to represent Canada. :laugh:

KG

Sep 23, 2010
I think its pretty telling that Korpi didn't make it on a Finnish roster. He's had a really poor two seasons, I remember when he was a legit 3rd liner.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I think its pretty telling that Korpi didn't make it on a Finnish roster. He's had a really poor two seasons, I remember when he was a legit 3rd liner.

I thought Korpi looked good in Sochi (2/2/4 6gp). Perhaps his absence has more to do with health.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Maybe his injury from the year before nagged him during the beginning of the season. Doesn't take much to throw a goalie off kilter.

It also might be worth watching Germany play, can see how Reider can carry an offence and be "the" guy

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Maybe his injury from the year before nagged him during the beginning of the season. Doesn't take much to throw a goalie off kilter.

It also might be worth watching Germany play, can see how Reider can carry an offence and be "the" guy

I've speculated that Smith wasn't completely healthy to begin with. But I'm not sure why he wouldn't have just admitted to that either. Regardless he better play like a 5.5 mil goalie next season.

Salzig

I am laudable.
Feb 28, 2007
Bonn, Germany
Rieder had the primary assist on Germany's first goal in their 2-1 victory over France. He also hit the post in the 3rd period. He played on the 1st line and he was Germany's best forward in this game.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Rieder had the primary assist on Germany's first goal in their 2-1 victory over France. He also hit the post in the 3rd period. He played on the 1st line and he was Germany's best forward in this game.

Sweet thanks for the info.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
USA beats Russia 4-2. Arco (with a big goal), Moore with a huge block on Tarasenko (play of the game) and Murphy (solid) were key contributors!

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
How did Tik look?
only saw the final 10 minutes and not sure Tik saw the ice during that time. He was playing with Tarasenko on Russia's 4th line. Why is Tarsenko playing on the 4th line? That's a question Putin is probably asking right now. Russians looked disorganized and lacked any sort of chemistry.

SweYote

Jun 7, 2011
Lund, Sweden
OEL with 2 more assists. He doesn't seem like he's taking these games seriously though. Playing so much more offense than he does in Arizona and he's being really sloppy with turnovers while trying to do too much. He looks like Yandle.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
USA beats Russia 4-2. Arco (with a big goal), Moore with a huge block on Tarasenko (play of the game) and Murphy (solid) were key contributors!

I only saw part of the game, but Moore was very solid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad