2015 IIHF World Championships Discussion Thread

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Always love international tournaments and the WC is no different!

Nill is Canada's GM too, so there is another Stars connection.

Good news for France. Roussel will be a huge asset

For sure, I think he scored something like 6 goals and 11 or 12 points last year. Really showed he can be more than just an agitator.

Alveio

Apr 13, 2015
Yep that's right 6G+5A in the WC last year. And he was an All-Star. That Roussel-Bellemare-Da Costa line was superb.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Eakin? I feel like there are a lot better options at center for Canada

GMs usually take a lot of guys from their own team since they're familiar with them, and I'd be willing to bet he's not in the starting 12.

Nemesis73

Oct 3, 2007
Team Finland:
Jyrki Jokipakka has already joyned the team
Kari Lehtonen is not comming

Tuukka Rask and Antti Niemi also doesn't come, so we don't have NHL goalie this year....Well, Pekka Rinne could come if Chicago wins the first round. I'm not worried, cause Finland has lot of great goalies :)

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
So Seguin, Spezza & Eakin for Canada. JJ for Finland. Roussel for France. Klingberg for Sweden, and Nuke for Russia. Good showing for us, excited to see them all play!

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Nichushkin's hip seems to bother him again. Officially out of the tournament.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Nichushkin's hip seems to bother him again. Officially out of the tournament.

Source?

Man, something's gotta be up with our skating coaches or fitness group. This is absolutely ridiculous how many hip injuries we've had in the last year.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Source?

Man, something's gotta be up with our skating coaches or fitness group. This is absolutely ridiculous how many hip injuries we've had in the last year.

I have looked all over the place to back up his post but can not find anything.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
So I found a Russian twitter account that stated Val wouldn't play and had a link to sports.ru I think it looks legit but I obviously have never heard of that site since its russian. Here is the translation, which is actually hilariously bad.

World Cup-2015. Nichushkin not play in the tournament for health reasons

The Russian national team before flying to Prague for the World Cup-2015 broke up with two hockey players.

The tournament will not participate forwards Valeri Nichushkin and Yegor Averin.

It is reported that Nichushkin became one of the discoveries of the April harvest. However, it manifested itself trauma, due to which player missed almost the entire season. The coaching staff decided not to risk the health of striker.

http://www.sports.ru/hockey/1029291442.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

If true, that really sucks.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
So I found a Russian twitter account that stated Val wouldn't play and had a link to sports.ru I think it looks legit but I obviously have never heard of that site since its russian. Here is the translation, which is actually hilariously bad.

http://www.sports.ru/hockey/1029291442.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

If true, that really sucks.

That's what Heika and Mark both reported as well, that he was simply a cut because they didn't want to risk him after being injured all season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad