Prospect Info: 2015 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #9

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
agree with both on his skill set, but I think you have to look at the whole package so I have a hard time getting overly enthusiastic about his prospect as a prospect.

exciting player sure, not sure it will translate as the things that need fixing require serious commitment which I am not sure he has (to the fixes)

I do look at everything, have seen a lot of him this past season. I do agree that there are major concerns that his game will translate as well as the rest of his issues. But he had an impressive year, we have a couple years to bring him over and the NHL is changing very quickly where smaller players can have a place in the game and I assume that trend only strengthens over the next few years.

That said I find he's a hard prospect to rank since he really makes things happen out there but at the same time he's got major holes in his game. I don't have a problem with others ranking him higher or others having concerns about him.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I think the Habs board is the only one that consider Fucale a legit prospect. I remember all the **** he received at the U20 and every goalie poll.

tez

Oct 23, 2009
Nova Scotia
I think the Habs board is the only one that consider Fucale a legit prospect. I remember all the **** he received at the U20 and every goalie poll.

Yeah there's still a few people on the list that I'd rank above Fucale at this point.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

that would be silly considering that he's put up an impressive resume. Not saying he doesn't have big concerns with his game but the kid has proven he can win. I would never go off what HF fans say though when it comes to anything Hab related. It's going to be interesting to see how he does at the pro level, he's got to work on his rebound control and glove hand but Team Canada picked him twice, the Remparts traded for him to strengthen their team.

I do think he's a top 10 prospect for us.

Spinorama2

Aug 27, 2013
I do look at everything, have seen a lot of him this past season. I do agree that there are major concerns that his game will translate as well as the rest of his issues. But he had an impressive year, we have a couple years to bring him over and the NHL is changing very quickly where smaller players can have a place in the game and I assume that trend only strengthens over the next few years.

That said I find he's a hard prospect to rank since he really makes things happen out there but at the same time he's got major holes in his game. I don't have a problem with others ranking him higher or others having concerns about him.

yeah, I don't have a major issue with his size as I think there is always room for skilled small guys (and as DD has proven, not so skilled small guys).

But as you say, it's the rest of the package that will/may hamper his success.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Voted Revaille as well.

Add Joel Hanley

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lotsa skill left on the board with the euro's. I'd go Vejdemo because of Tmmins. But I can't pass on Reway.

Also think Bozon is the real deal.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I see Bozon as Duncan Milroy v2

could be, when I saw Milroy in the dub I thought we had an interesting prospect but in the AHL he didn't seem to want to get his nose dirty and stayed on the outside too much. I've only seen 1 game of Bozon in the AHL and he didn't play anything like that but one game means nothing. Going to be interesting to see how it goes for him next season, where he plays, how much ice he gets and how it goes.

In the past I thought of him as more like a Ryder type, someone that is mostly a shooter.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
could be, when I saw Milroy in the dub I thought we had an interesting prospect but in the AHL he didn't seem to want to get his nose dirty and stayed on the outside too much. I've only seen 1 game of Bozon in the AHL and he didn't play anything like that but one game means nothing. Going to be interesting to see how it goes for him next season, where he plays, how much ice he gets and how it goes.

In the past I thought of him as more like a Ryder type, someone that is mostly a shooter.

I saw Bozon 3 or 4 times the year right after we drafted him and he's not a perimeter player. Not Gallagher but he got in quite a bit of scrums and not afraid to get in shoving matches. Finished his checks but they were the saddest/weakest checks ever. lol. Still he's got character in his game to go with skills.

All it is with him imo is skating and strength. The fact that he's well over 200 lbs is awesome and a great step for him. Its really the skating which will determine his future success imo. If he makes great strides in both these areas he could be dynamite. Definitely not counting him out. Great talent for a guy who's fairly far down our prospect depth.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Lehkonen.

I would trade Reway before Lehkonen or Gregoire.

BTW Montreal most underrated prospect on this board is Daniel Carr.

Add Koberstein.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I saw Bozon 3 or 4 times the year right after we drafted him and he's not a perimeter player. Not Gallagher but he got in quite a bit of scrums and not afraid to get in shoving matches. Finished his checks but they were the saddest/weakest checks ever. lol. Still he's got character in his game to go with skills.

All it is with him imo is skating and strength. The fact that he's well over 200 lbs is awesome and a great step for him. Its really the skating which will determine his future success imo. If he makes great strides in both these areas he could be dynamite. Definitely not counting him out. Great talent for a guy who's fairly far down our prospect depth.

well Milroy wasn't a perimeter player in the dub either, but that's how it ended up for him in the AHL. So for Bozon we'll just have to see how his game translates. I was impressed in the one game he played in the AHL but we'll see how he does though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad