Prospect Info: 2015 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
well in this pool Tinordi. ghetto and reway are in from of him and it's position 6. So he will be at best 9.

I'm pretty sure the people voting for Tinner will be voting for Fucale, and if they dont, it shows that even though we don't have much top-end prospects, we have incredible depth.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I'm torn between Andrighetto, Fucale and Pateryn for the next one :help:

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Well your second and fourth round picks got you a 6'4 210lbs D that's signed for the next 6yrs so don't sweat it.......

Yes, Petry was a sweet pick up, and an even better long term signing. I was worried for a while, but so happy we landed him.

I wouldn't say sad but I don't expect the Habs to have a deep prospect pool as now is the time they should focus on winning and trading picks/prospects is a part of that imo. But I think you are wrong on Hudon, if he doesn't play for the Habs at some point next season I could see him making the team outright the following year. I could see others underrating him cause of his size or due to him not being the quickest player but his smarts are sky high and imo he's got more skill then you give him credit for.

I really hope you are right. Only time will tell, though. :D

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I'm surprised one of the best junior goalie in the world might not be in our top 10 prospects.

I understand we don't need a goalie but Fucale is a bigger prospect than ghetto and reway imo.

Fucale has been abysmal in junior outside of the playoffs. :help: He lost his job to a draft eligible player this year.

I voted center Lidstrom.

bogolisk

Oct 4, 2008
Ottawa
But I think you are wrong on Hudon, if he doesn't play for the Habs at some point next season I could see him making the team outright the following year. I could see others underrating him cause of his size or due to him not being the quickest player but his smarts are sky high and imo he's got more skill then you give him credit for.

How does Hudon compare to Lebeau?
- Same height, same size.
- Skating? Lebeau is probably faster.
- Hockey IQ? Lebeau by a thousand of miles.
- Puck skills? Lebeau AINEC.
- QMJHL? Lebeau scored 94 goals in 1 season.
- AHL? Lebeau torched the AHL with 70 goals and 134 points in his rookie season.

Even Lebeau turned out to be just an average NHLer and had to go to Europe. How much can we hope for a prospect with the same height/size as Lebeau but with less speed, less skills, less hockey IQ...

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
- AHL? Lebeau torched the AHL with 70 goals and 134 points in one season.

Even Lebeau turned out to be just an average NHLer and had to go to Europe. How much can we hope for a prospect with the same height/size as Lebeau but with less speed, less skills, less hockey IQ...

The AHL of the 80's is more like the Central Hockey League or ECHL of today in terms of competitiveness.

bogolisk

Oct 4, 2008
Ottawa
The AHL of the 80's is more like the Central Hockey League or ECHL of today in terms of competitiveness.

Maybe, but even Brett Hull only scored 50 goals in one AHL seasons (vs 70). I had a lot of hope in Lebeau and then watching him in-and-out of Burns's dog-house was really painful.

Thus, with Hudon not having even 1/2 of Lebeau's skills and hockey-IQ, I don't have much hope for him.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
- AHL? Lebeau torched the AHL with 70 goals and 134 points in his rookie season.

Except that back then, you could still clutch and grab, do interference and the fighters still mattered. Lebeau would be playing top6 minutes in today's NHL.

Also, the 'Q back then was no where near as strong defensively as it is now. Goaltenders and systems have improved immensely. I highly doubt we'll see a player score 94 goals again in the 'Q...

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

You realize that pretty much EVERY player drafted from the Q since Stéphane Lebeau had worst stats than Stéphane Lebeau, right?

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
You realize that pretty much EVERY player drafted from the Q since Stéphane Lebeau had worst stats than Stéphane Lebeau, right?

The good old days when junior goalies had a 5.00 GAA and it was considered above average.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
imo Dietz has a great combination of mobility and size. I think he has the highest ceiling amongst our d prospects, excluding those from this year's draft and last year's draft. We've got at least 5 solid D prospects:

Dietz
Pateryn
Tinordi
Lernout
Juulsen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad