Prospect Info: 2015 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #16

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
2015 voting

1. Nikita Scherbak, RW, Everett Silvertips (75% of the vote).
2. Mike McCarron, RW/C, Oshawa Generals (72.39%).
3. Jacob De La Rose, C, Montreal Canadiens (35.77%).
4. Charles Hudon, C/LW, Hamilton Bulldogs (43.06%)
5. Noah Juulsen, D, Everett Silvertips. (53.42%)
6. Jarred Tinordi, D, Hamilton Bulldogs. (62.50%)
7. Sven Andrighetto, RW, Hamilton Bulldogs (29.37%)
8. Zachary Fucale, G, Quebec Remparts. (41.94%)
9. Martin Reway, LW, HC Sparta Praha (41.78%)
10. Artturi Lehkonen, LW, Frolunda (34.01%)
11. Lukas Vejdemo, C, Djurgardens (34.53%)
12. Jeremy Gregoire, C, Baie-Comeau Drakkar. (32.46%)
13. Brett Lernout, D, Swift Current Broncos. (56.76%)
14. Daniel Carr, LW, Hamilton Bulldogs. (39.80%)
15. Mike Condon, G, Hamilton Bulldogs. (36.84%)

Added , Stefan Fournier, RW, Hamilton Bulldogs.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Dietz. I think he'll surprise quite a few people over the next couple seasons.

And I highly doubt Nygren comes back over to the NHL. I read he signed a 4 year deal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For me it should be Nygren, I get that we don't know if he will come over, but there's a PTA in place so his contract shouldn't be an issue as long as he plays well over there. And it doesn't have to be with us, if he plays really well that's going to get other teams interested, they could always bring him over and if he doesn't make the team send him back to his SHL club.

But guys like Dietz, Bozon, would be good choices as well. Dietz showed improvement over his rookie year and was on the top pairing at the end of the season for Hamilton (though injuries had a part of that) Bozon can snipe it but we'll need to see how he handles the pro level.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Carr has no upside at all.. I don't understand why he's so high. Dietz, bozon, audette, Thrower are far from the NHL but at least they have nhl potential

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
Carr has no upside at all.. I don't understand why he's so high. Dietz, bozon, audette, Thrower are far from the NHL but at least they have nhl potential

Carr has no upside? He led the dogs in scoring last season.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Nikolas Koberstein is my man. Showed no offensive upside with Sioux Falls Stampede(30gp-1pt) but after getting traded to the Thunder he got 31gp-3g-8a=11pt.
This young D can only get better. It will be nice to see how he does in the NCAA this year.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Carr has no upside? He led the dogs in scoring last season.

And he only had 8 more points than Tangradi... Who played 35 less games. :laugh:

Carr has no upside, let's get real.

Draft year 2010: First pro year 2015
Size: Below average
Skating: Above average
Shot: Average

The NHL isn't all flying marshmallows and laughing dumpster trucks...

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
And he only had 8 more points than Tangradi... Who played 35 less games. :laugh:

Yup no such thing as a late bloomer. That never happens!

His shot is nhl level... His speed and compete level are high, too. Not saying he's a surefire nhl top 6er, but I think he'll get a crack at our lineup at some point this season which is more than I can say for some of our other prospects with "upside"

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal

You could make a lot of players look bad with that kind of breakdown:
Brendan Gallagher
Size: Below Average
Skating: Below Average

Carr put up 7 points in his first 20 games. 32 in his final 56. There's such a thing as an adjustment period to the pro game. His shot is way above average. He's a legitimate prospect.

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
I guess I should have gone Dietz here, since I don't like Nygren chance of ever coming back in NA, but I went Addison. He has God on his side !

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Voted for Connor Crisp (potential 3rd line warrior and can maybe pitch in sometimes on the 2nd in case of injuries,etc...at worst he will be a very solid warrior 4th liner).

Many here were throwing Hudon under the bus when he was injured often...let's be patient with Crisp. He could be a real good one (and very tough, too.... PF potential...underrated offensively).

Nygren should have been voted in already, but...no one is sure if he is still in Habs' picture.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013

You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You could make a lot of players look bad with that kind of breakdown:
Brendan Gallagher
Size: Below Average
Skating: Below Average

Carr put up 7 points in his first 20 games. 32 in his final 56. There's such a thing as an adjustment period to the pro game. His shot is way above average. He's a legitimate prospect.

Gallagher's edge work is fantastic, his acceleration is elite and his agility is too. He might not be the fastest straight line skater but I wouldn't bet against him while skating through traffic in the corners.

Carr is a kind of jack of all trades player, but he has no real quality to make him a NHL worthy candidate. Being "close" to the NHL and being the best prospect are two different things.

Carr surely has qualities that he shown off in the A last year, but I can't see this translating to NHL play. Unless he gets a ridiculous developemental spike.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

See you in 2018, when this kid is released by the team :laugh:

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Can't vote Nygren any lower than this. Most of the guys left don't have a hope of being NHLers.

Yarice

Oct 28, 2011
How does Christian Thomas have seven votes?

Because from every player remaining, I don't see any player with a lot of top 6 F/Top 4 D/#1 G upside. Thomas could become IMO a good offensive 3rd line player in the future.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Because from every player remaining, I don't see any player with a lot of top 6 F/Top 4 D/#1 G upside. Thomas could become IMO a good offensive 3rd line player in the future.

In the AHL sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad