Prospect Info: 2015 Habs Board Prospect Rankings #15

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't get how Fucale is ahead of Condon. Don't agree with Lehkonen being ahead of Gregoire too.

at the same age Fucale is miles ahead of where Condon was. I like Condon a lot and I have some big concerns over Fucale in regards to rebound control, glove and think he needs to add some mass. But what Fucale has done in his career so far is impressive, Condon has been a nice surprise but he's 25 while Fucale just turned 20 at the Memorial Cup.

I'm really interested to see what Gregoire does this year, have been very impressed with him. If he can work on improving his skating/foot speed then he's an easy top 10 prospect for us. I don't mind others not ranking him higher until we see how he does at the pro level. As much as I am excited to see the big guns turn pro in Scherbak and McCarron, I do think Gregoire could be a nice addition for us down the road if he continues to progress.

Lehkonen I have a hard time getting a good read on. I watched him a bunch this past season and while I admire how he plays and his skill level I also have major concerns over his lack of weight and strength. That said the Habs have time on their side as he doesn't need to be signed for a couple years so we'll just see how it goes. He plays hard but for his size I wonder how that will play out on the smaller ice. Granted who knows how much he will fill out over the next few years since he just turned 20 the other day. The skill is there though, so I don't mind if others rank him higher then I would, or if others rank him lower since he had an up and down season and is still very skinny.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
at the same age Fucale is miles ahead of where Condon was. I like Condon a lot and I have some big concerns over Fucale in regards to rebound control, glove and think he needs to add some mass. But what Fucale has done in his career so far is impressive, Condon has been a nice surprise but he's 25 while Fucale just turned 20 at the Memorial Cup.

I'm really interested to see what Gregoire does this year, have been very impressed with him. If he can work on improving his skating/foot speed then he's an easy top 10 prospect for us. I don't mind others not ranking him higher until we see how he does at the pro level. As much as I am excited to see the big guns turn pro in Scherbak and McCarron, I do think Gregoire could be a nice addition for us down the road if he continues to progress.

Lehkonen I have a hard time getting a good read on. I watched him a bunch this past season and while I admire how he plays and his skill level I also have major concerns over his lack of weight and strength. That said the Habs have time on their side as he doesn't need to be signed for a couple years so we'll just see how it goes. He plays hard but for his size I wonder how that will play out on the smaller ice. Granted who knows how much he will fill out over the next few years since he just turned 20 the other day. The skill is there though, so I don't mind if others rank him higher then I would, or if others rank him lower since he had an up and down season and is still very skinny.
Oh I definitely understand the logic of Fucale ahead of Condon, I just don't agree with it. As you've said, Fucale is really raw and has a lot of things to work on on his technique. Condon is already a pretty damn good AHL starter and I agree that his age is a knock on him but there are a tons of late bloomers when it comes to goalies. He has solid positioning and doesn't give a ton of rebounds. I like him as a prospect, more than Tokarski a couple years ago.

Agree 100% on Gregoire too.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Oh I definitely understand the logic of Fucale ahead of Condon, I just don't agree with it. As you've said, Fucale is really raw and has a lot of things to work on on his technique. Condon is already a pretty damn good AHL starter and I agree that his age is a knock on him but there are a tons of late bloomers when it comes to goalies. He has solid positioning and doesn't give a ton of rebounds. I like him as a prospect, more than Tokarski a couple years ago.

Agree 100% on Gregoire too.

Well Tok had a good resume but his lack of size goes against him. Condon has the size that Tok doesn't. I was really impressed with both in Hamilton on bad teams, but while Condon was better he also had a much better defense in front of him. So this season should be very interesting assuming Condon is the starter unless he beats out Tok at camp, which I could see happening, although it creates a minor issue with waivers if Tok goes back to the AHL.

I know there are late bloomers and Condon appears to be one of them, it's just that he's so much older then Fucale that it's hard to compare them since Condon at 19 was a Freshman that got 4 games in that year after playing in the USHS

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
Voted Timothé Bozon, add Fournier.

Bozon is in my top10 personally. We don't have many if any prospects with his goal scoring pedigree in the prospect pool. The closest one might be Lehkonen.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Bozon is in my top10 personally. We don't have many if any prospects with his goal scoring pedigree in the prospect pool. The closest one might be Lehkonen.

Well Thomas should have been, since he was a sniper in juniors with that lethal shot. It's going to be very interesting to see how Bozon adjusts to the pro level. I like him but can see why he hasn't been picked yet, if he can step up next season and find a way to be a consistent goal scorer for the Ice Caps then that's great news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad