2015 Draft Thread: Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
After the top two, however, is where the debate rages on.

“I’m just glad we’re not at three,” Royce said. “I don’t know where that’s going to go but it’ll be an interesting process and maybe Tim might be able to work some magic and get within that Top 10.”

If the Sabres end up using all of those early picks they currently hold, Royce is confident they’re going to be able to develop players who can make it to the highest level.

“I think it’s a very deep draft,” he said. “I think the guy we get at 21, 31 and even 51 are future NHL players.”
http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=772278

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
I would agree that Eichel is not hitter or physical player in the way that Messier, but your off if you think McDavid is more physical.

I watched McDavid live several times the last two years and I think he hit someone with real intent maybe once in 7 games, including playoff tilts. The one fight he hurt himself is his only fight. And he really is not interested in scrums or other rough stuff.

Eichel on the other hand welcomes contact much more, however he is not as physical as his physique could allow so it makes him look even less aggressive.

He also has played in a non-fighting league his whole career. However, when he got scummed by malkin in the WC he got right into his face and had a nice hit later on.

I would happily take a bet saying Eichel ended his career with more pims and fights than McDavid from your earlier post.
Don't get me wrong I don't think hitting and fighting will EVER be something McDavid will do. Why would he? Fighting is stupid and hitting is incredibly overrated. But neither will Eichel. Because he, like McDavid will have the puck on his stick most of the team he's on the ice. It's just that when Buffalo fans try to describe Eichel as some physically dominating "banger" it makes my blood boil. That's not the player Buffalo is getting. He's a finesse player just like McDavid. Eichel just does it with power like Jagr and McDavid does it with agility like Duchene.

Since losing the lottery I've heard at least 10 people call into WGR and say it was a blessing in disguise because Eichel's physical prowess and hitting game better suits the Buffalo mentality. It makes me laugh and then irrationally angry. Eichel is the best player we will have had in a decade+++ and these people are somehow going to be disappointed with him when they find out he doesn't play like that.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Draft Media Availability 2015 - 1:46 Mins

[NHL]830719[/NHL]
Draft eligible top prospects Connor McDavid, Jack Eichel and others speak
ahead of the Draft 2015 in Florida.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
In 24 hours the 21 pick will be looming large. We'll either have already moved up to draft Konecny, be cursing the fact we traded a first for Cam Talbot, be wondering how we're going to pay O'Reilly, or be praying someone slips another couple spots. Oh the possibilities :popcorn:

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
In 24 hours the 21 pick will be looming large. We'll either have already moved up to draft Konecny, be cursing the fact we traded a first for Cam Talbot, be wondering how we're going to pay O'Reilly, or be praying someone slips another couple spots. Oh the possibilities :popcorn:
yeah its pretty crazy...i have my vision...hope it comes to fruition

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Curious, what would everyone's big board over the past 2 seasons be? I'm currently at:

1) McDavid
2) Eichel
3) Reinhart
4) Ekblad
5) Hanifin
6) Marner
7) Strome

Really torn on Zacha, Provorov, Meier versus Bennett, Draisaitl, and Dal Colle.

More telling might be doing a top 20. After 2014's top 5, I'd go down to at least number 9 on my '15 board, maybe even further, before I touched another 2014 guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad