2015 Draft Thread: Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Hanifin looks like a wannabe Ekblad in that picture. Just missing the beard of a 40 year old.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
He looks giant there. It's kind of weird, I don't remember seeing him that big in other pictures.

He looks as tall as Hanifin which he isn't so there must be some perspective trick going on there. He's definitely at least an inch shorter than Noah. I'm surprised how big his arms look there though, jeez.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
He looks as tall as Hanifin which he isn't so there must be some perspective trick going on there. He's definitely at least an inch shorter than Noah. I'm surprised how big his arms look there though, jeez.

Seriously, his forearms are massive.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
There was a little birdie in my dream that had Chiarelli and North Chelmsford married together tomorrow.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
That's an interesting photo which conveys the way Eichel actually looks.

He has by far the biggest, thickest, most mature body in that photo.

What will his body look like when he is a man and age 26?

The guy is going to be a beast.

McDavid may end up being a Gretzky type...but Eichel is going to be a Messier type.

That ain't bad, and if I could pick, I might take Messier over Gretz anyway.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY

McDavid may end up being a Gretzky type...but Eichel is going to be a Messier type.

He plays nothing like Messier.

I'm willing to bet that Connor McDavid throws more hits and gets into more fights in his career than Jack Eichel does. Eichel is an INCREDIBLY passive player.

Samsonite23

All Hail King Tuch
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Downtown Buffalo

Woah there....

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012

I'm willing to bet that Connor McDavid throws more hits and gets into more fights in his career than Jack Eichel does. Eichel is an INCREDIBLY passive player.

You mean other than having elite talent, elite goal scoring ability, and a strong physical puck control presence along the boards.

Right. They are totally different.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
You mean other than having elite talent, elite goal scoring ability, and a strong physical puck control presence along the boards.

None of those have any relevance when determining whether a player is passive or not.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY

Comparing Eichel to Messier and McDavid to Gretzky is saying that McDavid doesn't have many of those qualities when he does. What you just named isn't what defined Messier anyways. His leadership, scoring, ability to bring 100% every game and his grittiness is what people remember him for. McDavid has just as many of those qualities as Eichel does.

If goal scoring and board play is what you compare to Messier then you could compare about 20 players in the league to him.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Picture this.

Tim Murray walks up, calls Eichel's name.

All of the sudden, Eichel appears on stage wearing a hulk hogan full getup. Hair, clothes, everything. With this song playing in the background.

Actually, let me repaint that picture.

Edmonton walks up to the stage. Peter Chiarelli takes the mic.

A rendition of O Canada starts before he makes his pick. Suddenly, the music changes. It's God Bless America.

Bob McKenzie: "I'm Checking my sources, but I'm certain that is NOT Connor McDavid's song!"

Camera is moving around frantically. Suddenly it zooms in on Chiarelli's pin. Below the the Oilers there's a USA flag! Oilers fans everywhere:

Black_kid_wrestling_shock.gif

Chiarelli announces: "With the FIRST overall pick, the Edmonton Oilers Select from the GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD.....JAAAAACK EICHEL"

He comes to the stage all like

biDFHU0.gif

Don Cherry gets a chair ready in the corner. Canada's everywhere are all mad.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
So after McDavid falls off that boat and gets eaten by an alligator, and Edmonton picks Eichel, who do people think should go #2 to Buffalo? Or should they just trade out?

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So after McDavid falls off that boat and gets eaten by an alligator, and Edmonton picks Eichel, who do people think should go #2 to Buffalo? Or should they just trade out?

Was he swallowed whole? Could he blast his way out like Boba Fett in the now non canon Star Wars EU?

Would we retain cloning rights of McDavid in the near future?

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
We clearly have not watched the same Eichel games...
I have never seen Jack Eichel get into a scrum after the whistle. Or put gloves in someone's face. Or hit someone who had the puck. Or elbow people in the face every other shift.

Jack Eichel is physical in the sense he has elite board play and will counter hit people to keep control of the puck and create space for himself. But he's very passive outside of that. Comparing him to Messier who was an incredibly physical and downright dirty player is confusing. Eichel is physical with the puck but not without it. Quite frankly McDavid is a more physical player when it comes to throwing the body around without the puck.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda

As far as I can tell McJesus has had two fights, got his ass kicked in one and broke his hand in the other..I don't think he will be dropping the gloves much in the NHL lol

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I have never seen Jack Eichel get into a scrum after the whistle. Or put gloves in someone's face. Or hit someone who had the puck. Or elbow people in the face every other shift.

Jack Eichel is physical in the sense he has elite board play and will counter hit people to keep control of the puck and create space for himself. But he's very passive outside of that. Comparing him to Messier who was an incredibly physical and downright dirty player is confusing. Eichel is physical with the puck but not without it. Quite frankly McDavid is a more physical player when it comes to throwing the body around without the puck.

I would agree that Eichel is not hitter or physical player in the way that Messier, but your off if you think McDavid is more physical.

I watched McDavid live several times the last two years and I think he hit someone with real intent maybe once in 7 games, including playoff tilts. The one fight he hurt himself is his only fight. And he really is not interested in scrums or other rough stuff.

Eichel on the other hand welcomes contact much more, however he is not as physical as his physique could allow so it makes him look even less aggressive.

He also has played in a non-fighting league his whole career. However, when he got scummed by malkin in the WC he got right into his face and had a nice hit later on.

I would happily take a bet saying Eichel ended his career with more pims and fights than McDavid from your earlier post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad