2015 Draft Thread – "McEichel" – Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Any interest in picking Godla with one of our 2nds? Loved the way he played and I think he would help bolster our goalie crop.

0 interest with a second. Maybe later in the draft. I think he will be a late round selection if he is picked by a team 5-7. Smaller size and passed over before. Reminds me a little of Makarov who we signed as a UFA.

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York
I'd love to see Buffalo selecting Roope Hintz with their 2nd round pick.

6'3" playmaking C/RW with great hands and good skating ability. Was Finland's best forward at World Juniors after Mikko Rantanen.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=92117
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1735161

I liked what I saw of him at the WJC. His on-ice presence is very reminiscent of a young Jaromir Jagr. Knowing Tim Murray's affinity for bigger centers with the ability to puck protect/create off of the cycle, he could be a possibility in the second perhaps late first.

Last edited:

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
The talk about Crouse being Top 5 is complete lunacy. That ISS ranking just revved up the hype machine. If the Sabres picked him at 3 or 4 I would probably become homicidal :laugh:

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
A guy I loved at the WJC is Carlo. He reminds me of Despres. He'd be a great pick up at 32/33 or wherever we pick in the 2nd

I wasn't big on Carlo at WJC. I think he'll project to mid-bottom pairing guy but get taken way too high.

The RHD I did like who projects to a mid-bottom pairing role was Christian Jaros, who could probably be had in the low-mid rounds as an early '96.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
The talk about Crouse being Top 5 is complete lunacy. That ISS ranking just revved up the hype machine. If the Sabres picked him at 3 or 4 I would probably become homicidal :laugh:

There are a lot of guys I'd prefer. At least three defensemen and several forwards.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
0 interest with a second. Maybe later in the draft. I think he will be a late round selection if he is picked by a team 5-7. Smaller size and passed over before. Reminds me a little of Makarov who we signed as a UFA.

Yeah. Who was the last overager to go in the 2nd round, much less a goalie? No thanks. He's not worth near that just because he had a strong tournament.

Slangston

Buffalo Sabres
Apr 3, 2003
Western New York
Yeah. Who was the last overager to go in the 2nd round, much less a goalie? No thanks. He's not worth near that just because he had a strong tournament.

I believe Tanner Pearson was the last overager to be selected that high, and he seems to be acclimating himself just fine in the NHL. However, I completely agree with you in regards to overaged goaltenders. I'd much rather use our assets on skaters.

Last edited:

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
I wasn't big on Carlo at WJC. I think he'll project to mid-bottom pairing guy but get taken way too high.

The RHD I did like who projects to a mid-bottom pairing role was Christian Jaros, who could probably be had in the low-mid rounds as an early '96.

I really liked Jaros as well. Did everything for that Slovak team.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
The thing with Crouse is that he shows a very high level of Hockey IQ and he plays every shift which are the two biggest knocks against most power forwards (dumb and lazy).

I thought he had a bigger impact at the WJC as a draft eligible player than Reinhart did last year and MacKinnon the year before.

It gets said every year that a player brings a special package but Crouse actually lives up to that billing. To me he's a far better prospect than Ritchie or Virtanen because his game is much more rounded. He's an elite player along the boards but he can also score on the rush. He has far superior Hockey intelligence to those two and he plays every shift unlike Ritchie who's the prototypical lazy power forward.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
The thing with Crouse is that he shows a very high level of Hockey IQ and he plays every shift which are the two biggest knocks against most power forwards (dumb and lazy).

I thought he had a bigger impact at the WJC as a draft eligible player than Reinhart did last year and MacKinnon the year before.

It gets said every year that a player brings a special package but Crouse actually lives up to that billing. To me he's a far better prospect than Ritchie or Virtanen because his game is much more rounded. He's an elite player along the boards but he can also score on the rush. He has far superior Hockey intelligence to those two and he plays every shift unlike Ritchie who's the prototypical lazy power forward.

Crouse had a very small impact on Team Canada.. I will agree though that he's a much better prospect than Ritchie. All I have to say is the team that uses a Top 5 pick on Crouse is going to be disappointed. He hasn't come close to showing enough to be considered that high.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
Crouse had a very small impact on Team Canada.. I will agree though that he's a much better prospect than Ritchie. All I have to say is the team that uses a Top 5 pick on Crouse is going to be disappointed. He hasn't come close to showing enough to be considered that high.
I agree a top 5 pick is crazy at the moment. I'm just pointing out that he's a very good prospect even if his numbers don't show it yet. He's rated as high as he is because he has all of the buzz words that make scouts go crazy.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Reinhart and McDavid had a much bigger impact than that Crouse-Gauthier-Ritchie line imo. That line did well when it was out there but it was way down on the totem pole. I'd rather have him than Ritchie, but I'm not sure he's gonna wind up Jamie Benn which is what he needs to be if you're gonna take him #3 over so many great prospects.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
All 3 players were down the totem pole in their draft eligible WCs. I don't remember who Reinhart and Mac played with but Gauthier is a huge black hole offensively. My point is more that Crouse's performance wouldn't look out of place head to head against the top forwards taken in the last two drafts.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Reinhart played a fairly sizeable role in his draft year. Most games I saw him in I thought he was Canada's best forward.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
McEichel, Rantanen, and Konecny as your first rounders??? Board explodes right?

I'm not sure in what world that would happen, but that would be a monster of a first round. I still think that Murray moves both STL and the NYI pick to move up again and only picks twice.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
I hope Buffalo drafts 2 defeseman with the remaining two 1sts, everyone thought we would trade our 2nd last year, but we traded one and retained a 2nd and a 3rd that turned into Cornel and Martin

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I hope Buffalo drafts 2 defeseman with the remaining two 1sts, everyone thought we would trade our 2nd last year, but we traded one and retained a 2nd and a 3rd that turned into Cornel and Martin

I'd like to get at least one D-man, but I'd also be interested in goaltenders with those late 1sts or 2nd round picks. With Ullmark/Johansson/Peterson still question marks obviously, it would be nice to add another solid lotto ticket to them.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Would love me some Konecny. He'd be a trade-up target for me if he fell to 13-16, let alone lower.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Also, he's fallen from grace, but I'll keep my eyes on Aleksi Saarela. He was a top-5 pick candidate 2 years ago. If he's there in the 3rd/4th, I take him.

Paxon

Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY

Yeah but Murray tried to trade a 2nd. In fact he offered all three 2nd's to several teams to get back into a certain range of the 1st round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce