2015 Draft Thread – "McEichel" – Part Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Crouse played a simple role, on a lower line, and when he was actually shining it was with two other giant dudes doing the same thing. He is a good prospect, but if we are just talking about the tournament, Hanifin was definitely a more impressive player to me. The only thing that held him back was a lack of opportunity because the US's coach was a bumbling idiot.

SabresFan26

May 28, 2003
Visit site
Not just you. They always seem to have a bunch of odd determinations. It's incredibly subjective, we all get that, but sometimes I also wonder what they're thinking. The current list is no exception, in terms of omissions, admissions, and positioning. Heck, if they're saying we have a shot at Sprong and Jeremy Roy (two omissions that stood out to me, unless I missed 'em) with our other two 1st rounders...well...okay!

Sprong would be a good target with our latest 1st.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Crouse played a simple role, on a lower line, and when he was actually shining it was with two other giant dudes doing the same thing. He is a good prospect, but if we are just talking about the tournament, Hanifin was definitely a more impressive player to me. The only thing that held him back was a lack of opportunity because the US's coach was a bumbling idiot.

agreed.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Just my hunch, but Hanifin isn't the No. 3 player in this draft. My top 5 is actually identical to that of Craig Buttons. Strome and Marner will be head to head on Sportsnet this Friday night.

ZeroPT*

His list isn't actually all over the place this time. I really like it. Zacha and Konecny are higher for me but the top 5 is very good. The 2nd round is very interesting. Meier,Gropp,Timashov,Andersson and even the goalies look like nice players.

Does anyone have any info on Connor? He's highly touted but idk much or anything about him really.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Just my hunch, but Hanifin isn't the No. 3 player in this draft. My top 5 is actually identical to that of Craig Buttons. Strome and Marner will be head to head on Sportsnet this Friday night.

My top 5 is the same as well. Londons game tonight was postponed due to weather.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

Yeah, defensemen tend to fall as draft day approaches, so even though I love Hanifin, this is exactly how I see the top 5 playing out if it were held today. His lists usually drive me nuts but this one isn't too bad - certainly nowhere near as ridiculous as the ISS one.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I just had a convo with Button on twitter, he flat out said Marner is an unbelievable talent. Sounds like he will be his #3 guy for the long haul.

ZeroPT*

A guy I loved at the WJC is Carlo. He reminds me of Despres. He'd be a great pick up at 32/33 or wherever we pick in the 2nd

TossinSauce

Dec 16, 2013
Upstate NY
Any interest in picking Godla with one of our 2nds? Loved the way he played and I think he would help bolster our goalie crop.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
Is that a typo for Marner's weight? 154lbs? good lord someone skating by, the wind will blow him out of the way. He's going to have to put on a lot of weight.

Ethan Edwards

Oct 30, 2013
PA
Sprong would be a good target with our latest 1st.
On that note, while I thought the ISS list was good for comic relief, what I love about all of these lists is that they demonstrate how deep this draft will be. Time will be the ultimate judge, but when I read the new TSN list, I look at guys like Konecny and Zboril (to name two), see where they're ranked, and smile knowing we have three picks in the 1st. I see guys like Greenway and Bittner in the 40-45 slots and smile knowing we have 5 Top 50 or so picks. Not that those specific guys will be available, since by then many stocks will rise and fall, but just the overall idea makes me giddy. Even if Murray wanted to package picks, the stronger the draft, the more valuable the package. Pretty good options for us, regardless of how it shakes out at the top (or the bottom, depending on your perspective).

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
Any interest in picking Godla with one of our 2nds? Loved the way he played and I think he would help bolster our goalie crop.

No way, not with a 2nd. If he gets drafted, it'll be with a late round pick. He's an overage pick and he doesn't play in the best league either. He is property of HC Slovan Bratislava in the KHL though, so if he gets a look there and does well it could increase his stock.

He'll probably have the same fate as Benjamin Conz

Needles

Jun 29, 2010
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad