2015 Draft Rankings #1-40 (#19 on the clock)

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
This is where it gets interesting....

Starting now I'd like for people to give me who they think should be added in the next poll as well. I could probably start listing 15+ players for picks 25-40. Such a deep draft.

It was discussed in the Bruins 2015 Draft thread that it would be nice to have people post their top-30 or 60 players just to kill some time and discuss what everyone thinks of them (Flannelman's idea). So as was brought up in that thread, perhaps a poll each day for the next 38ish would kill some time, educate, and bring us all the way up to the draft. I picked the top 40 because it brings us just through the Bruins 2nd selection in the draft (barring trade).

NOTE: This is a BPA ranking of players, not what you think a team will or should pick but a list of your top-40. If your pick isn't in the poll please select other and state your selection in your post. I will close all polls at 5pm the day after they are made.

***Again the purpose of this thread is to try and educate on the players in this draft. Please feel free to post your thoughts on the players skill sets, comparable players, and ceilings.***

Current 2015 Draft Board Rankings:

1.- Connor McDavid - C - Erie - OHL
2.- Jack Eichel - C - Boston University - HE
3.- Noah Hanifin - D - Boston College - HE
4.- Mitchell Marner - C - London - OHL
5.- Dylan Strome - C - Erie - OHL
6.- Ivan Provorov - D - Brandon - WHL
7.- Mathew Barzal - C - Seattle - WHL
8.- Pavel Zacha - C/LW - Sarnia - OHL
9.- Zachary Werenski - D - University of Michigan - Big10
10.- Mikko Rantanen - RW - TPS - Finland
11.- Lawson Crouse - LW - Kingston - OHL
12.- Timo Meier - RW - Halifax - QMJHL
13.- Kyle Connor - C - Youngstown - USHL
14.- Travis Konecny - C/RW - Ottawa - OHL
15.- Jakub Zboril D - Saint John - QMJHL
16.- Yevgeni Svechnikov - LW - Cape Breton - QMJHL
17.- Nick Merkley - C/RW -Kelowna -WHL
18.- Jeremy Roy - D - Sherbrooke - QMJHL
19.-......

Pick #19 on the clock until 5pm Thursday, June 11th.

Last edited:

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
Last Player Selected​

#18 - Jeremy Roy
Defense - Shoots Right
Born: May 14th, 1997
Height - 6'0 (183cm) Weight - 187 (85kg)

Rankings:
Ranked #26 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #23 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #13 by Future Considerations
Ranked #24 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #21 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)
Ranked #29 by TSN/McKenzie

Elite Prospects Report on Jeremy Roy

Future Considerations: An offensively gifted defenseman who is solid in the defensive zone…has a real smooth stride and is pretty mobile…very mature game with strong positioning and smart with the puck…tough to separate from it as he has a heavy stick…makes terrific passes and rarely has anything intercepted…has a good point shot as well and he gets it on net…has the vision and creativity to QB a PP…solid defensively, using his smarts and his strong stick to break up plays and take away chances…uses his strength on defense to play physically down low and contain his man…used in all situations…a big presence on the ice and slows down the play when the puck is on his stick. (August 2014)

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
Thanks for doing this.

Please add:
Pilon
juulsen
Wagner
Senyshyn
Dunn
Meloche

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
Tight race coming down to the wire.

Just a reminder of the tie breaker rules:

If it's a two way tie at 5p then I'll ask users to reply with one or the other players name and tally them up at 8p and declare a winner. The runner up will automatically be named as the next pick to speed up the selection of the rankings.

If it's a 3 way or more tie I'll ask all posters to reply with the order in which they would rank the multiple players in the tie. The top pick I'll give 3 pts to, second pick 2 pts to and 3rd gets 0 pts. The player with the most pts will be given that ranking, the 2nd most will automatically be selected for the next pick and the remainder will be thrown back into the next poll.

Now to see how interesting this gets. :popcorn:

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
Guryanov takes it down. I'll put up a new thread tomorrow morning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad