2015 CBJ Training Camp Thread (9/18-10/3)

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
While I'm excited to see the development of the young forwards, I am most looking forward to seeing how Heatherington has developed. He doesn't seem to come up a lot, but to me he looks like he could develop into exactly the kind of monster defenseman this team needs - and the best part is that he won't need to be rushed into an NHL role.

I don't think he's overlooked around here, I just think most know he's a few seasons off. I think Werenski takes a spot next year and then Heatherington takes a spot in 2-3 seasons. I'm definitely excited to see his development though as he is exactly what we need on the blue line.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
That depends on how active I feel like being.:nod:

Correct. If you post less, Espen's original "occasional" might still be possible.

boomroasted.jpg

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Gregory Campbell who is taking 'line rushes' with Clarkson and Calvert just took a slapper from the point right into his ribs it seems... was down in pain for a few minutes.. trainer came out to look at him.. seems to be okay. He is taking line rushes again.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Gregory Campbell who is taking 'line rushes' with Clarkson and Calvert just took a slapper from the point right into his ribs it seems... was down in pain for a few minutes.. trainer came out to look at him.. seems to be okay. He is taking line rushes again.

Noooo

It begins

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
Looking at the groups, the lines and pairs jump out at you.

Saad-Johansen-Foligno (Group 2)
Jenner-Dubinsky-Bourque (Group 3)
Hartnell-Wennberg-Atkinson (Group 1)
Calvert-Campbell-Clarkson (Group 2)

Murray-Savard (Group 1)
Johnson-Tyutin (Group 3)
Connauton-Prout (Group 1)

I think I'm reading that correctly

Yes, it looks like this is the starting point for lines. Now, let's see if anyone can jump up and worm their way in.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Seems like Rychel is impressing during skating tests, which was his biggest flaw when he was drafted. Maybe he makes the team ala Dano last year?

Saad-Joey-Foligno
Jenner-Dubi-Atkinson
Hartnell-Wennberg-Rychel
Calvert-Campbell-Clarkson

Wouldnt hate a Jenner-Dubi-Rychel line

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I wouldn't either, but I think Atkinson makes more sense (complements their skills) to start with.

With Joey is where hes best but I guess the 3rd line depends a lot on Wennberg and his progression this year. Someone to do the dirty work and a playmaker is what he needs

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
With Joey is where hes best but I guess the 3rd line depends a lot on Wennberg and his progression this year. Someone to do the dirty work and a playmaker is what he needs

Wennberg is a playmaker, he's needs a finisher, someone to consistently put the puck in the net not named Hartnell

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Wennberg is a playmaker, he's needs a finisher, someone to consistently put the puck in the net not named Hartnell

Thats what i meant. Hartnell (dirty work) Wennberg (playmaker) Atkinson (scorer)
not sure how they would work together for sure or how they would be in their own end but it might work

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
In his blog, Porty has Clarkson on the second line and Cam on the third line.

I would flip those two.

I'd rather Cam with Wennberg and Clarkson with Dubinsky. It allows Clarkson to play on a grittier line, while Atkinson gets to play along a playmaker and a grinder who should be able to open up ice for Cam to do what he does best.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I'd rather Cam with Wennberg and Clarkson with Dubinsky. It allows Clarkson to play on a grittier line, while Atkinson gets to play along a playmaker and a grinder who should be able to open up ice for Cam to do what he does best.

I don't want Clarkson with any of those guys :sarcasm:.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio

You might be right in that Cam on the third line might offer better scoring balance, but I kind of like Hartnell and Clarkson on the same line. Those two could really reek havoc in front of the net. Maybe Clarkson filling a roll like Hartnell's on the second line might make sense too. Clarkson is going to have to be a force in front of the net to be successful in my book.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Blue Jackets Training Camp Roster Breakdown

Here is a spreadsheet that shows the breakdown of where players will likely be hgeaded following training camp.

Columbus - locks to make Blue Jackets roster
Borderline could make Blue Jackets or Monsters roster
Cleveland - will likely be assigned to Monsters roster
Juniors/Europe - will likely be assigned to CHL or Europe
Columbus or Bust - PTO players, not sure to make blue Jackets roster but probably won't accept assignment to Monsters
? - no idea where the two goalies not staying in C-Bus or going to Cleveland are headed post-camp

Blue%20Jackets%20Training%20Camp%20Roster%20Breakdown_zpsdswwponn.png

If anyone has any advice on how to improve the chart, please let me know.

Mods, if this belongs in another thread, I apologize. I started a new thread because I wasn't sure where to put it.

Last edited:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Assuming at least 4 of your borderline F's don't stick that gives the Monsters a bunch of F's. Some may go to an ECHL team?

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Assuming at least 4 of your borderline F's don't stick that gives the Monsters a bunch of F's. Some may go to an ECHL team?

Either that or a crazy balancing act re: playing time.

Thankfully, the AHL has no roster limit, so that isn't an issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad