Prospect Info: 2015 Annual Prospect Poll #7

mytduxfan*

I know Larsson was a first round pick, I know the Ducks are usually good at picking defensemen, but there is literally 0 videos of him other than https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTl4LSORqso and he doesn't impress me at all in this video. He didn't stand out in camp to me so I am assuming people are just voting for him because he was a 1st rounder? There is zero to little information, video, etc. on him so what are people voting for him basing their premise on other than draft position? We have seen Manson, Kerdiles, Roy, Friberg etc. at least. I know Hampus was similar but he seemed to be way more known by the hockey world at the time. Larsson could end up being our best defensemen who knows just don't know anything about him.

I'm not sure what we're voting for here any more. I'm assuming it's player ability now because, otherwise, I don't understand Manson or Noeson being that high.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
Noesen/Kerdiles ahead of Larsson/Pettersson seems highly questionable to me - wouldn't hate to be wrong (based on the former two exceeding my expectations rather than the latter two falling short), and it will be interesting to see how this shakes out in real life. :)

They are all high draft picks, the former are just closer to the NHL.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
They are all high draft picks, the former are just closer to the NHL.

I don't really care too much about how high picks they are/were. For now I simply have a harder time seeing Kerdiles' and Noesen's skillsets translate to more than a depth player's role in the NHL. They are closer and thus a little safer to project, but that includes a more descriptive ceiling which I find less appealing.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
I don't really care too much about how high picks they are/were. For now I simply have a harder time seeing Kerdiles' and Noesen's skillsets translate to more than a depth player's role in the NHL. They are closer and thus a little safer to project, but that includes a more descriptive ceiling which I find less appealing.

Well then vote for someone else :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Lecce vs Udinese
    Lecce vs Udinese
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $200.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6