Prospect Info: 2015 Annual Prospect Poll #2

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Personally, his style reminds me of Keith. Skates effortlessly, silky-smooth offensively and defensively responsibly. I'm not sure he'll ever be as good as Keith, but I can see him playing a similar role.

I'm thinking more Roman Josi, but Keith is fairly accurate.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Why Theo over Ritchie?

The same reasons some put Theo over Gibson in the first poll.

Improved each and every year, collecting accolades/awards/recognition, and plays a two way game. His height, unlike Vats, won't hurt Theo.

The concern with Theo is the inability to play defense, but he's shown he can and has improved on defense.

Ritchie has had motor issues and he's still trying to change that image.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Why Theo over Ritchie?

I think most feel it's close. But there isn't much holding Theodore back in terms of ceiling. You don't have to be physical to be an elite d-man, and he's got a great IQ, skating, offensive vision and his much-mentioned rise on the defensive side provide plenty of reason to be excited about him. His ceiling is incredibly high. On the flip side, how many players in the NHL that play Ritchie's type of game are elite players? It's more of a rare thing, IMO, which makes the projection a bit less likely. Although with his underrated playmaking ability on top of his great shot and really strong skating (with the qualifier "for a man of his stature"), there's plenty to excited for as well. But I'd still think Theodore has a higher ceiling and is a bit safer to project given their skillsets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad