Gotham City
Storm season starting with bang:

5:29 PM MDT Thursday 11 June 2015
Tornado warning in effect for:
•Lacombe Co. near Clive Alix and Mirror
•Lacombe Co. near Lacombe Blackfalds and Bentley
•Ponoka Co. near Ponoka and Maskwacis

Updated or ended by 7:12 p.m. MDT.

At 5:25 p.m. MDT, Environment Canada meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm that is possibly producing a tornado. Damaging winds, large hail and locally intense rainfall are also possible.

Weather radar is indicating a potential tornado 10 km south of Ponoka. Communities in the path include: Morningside Clive and Tees

Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:
•City of Edmonton - St. Albert - Sherwood Park

Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts, large hail and heavy rain.

These thunderstorms are expected to develop in western areas before moving eastwards into the evening.

Large hail can damage property and cause injury. Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Be prepared for severe weather. Take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Was wondering where oilersfan11 was with the thunderstorm watch! Always love a good storm. Hopefully no tigers though. :sarcasm:

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
When I was getting up in the morning today I checked the forecast since I had heard it would rain today. The forecast called for 10mm of rain over a few hours during the evening, on the north side that 10mm fell over the course of about 5mins, insane rainfall.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Storm season starting with bang:

5:29 PM MDT Thursday 11 June 2015
Tornado warning in effect for:
•Lacombe Co. near Clive Alix and Mirror
•Lacombe Co. near Lacombe Blackfalds and Bentley
•Ponoka Co. near Ponoka and Maskwacis

Updated or ended by 7:12 p.m. MDT.

At 5:25 p.m. MDT, Environment Canada meteorologists are tracking a severe thunderstorm that is possibly producing a tornado. Damaging winds, large hail and locally intense rainfall are also possible.

Weather radar is indicating a potential tornado 10 km south of Ponoka. Communities in the path include: Morningside Clive and Tees

Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:
•City of Edmonton - St. Albert - Sherwood Park

Conditions are favourable for the development of severe thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts, large hail and heavy rain.

These thunderstorms are expected to develop in western areas before moving eastwards into the evening.

Large hail can damage property and cause injury. Strong wind gusts can toss loose objects, damage weak buildings, break branches off trees and overturn large vehicles. Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Be prepared for severe weather. Take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches. Lightning kills and injures Canadians every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors
Nobody gives better weather reports than you. Much appreciated. Keep it up.:handclap:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The old weather thread. Maybe someone with search skills can dig it up and throw a link in here. I think the GET DOWN part was a CTV weatherman or something. It was hilarious.
Found it:

@joshclassenCTV: Lessard/Callingwood areas. GET DOWN NOW. Strong rotation on radar. 3:01pm #yegwx

Stay safe people

@joshclassenCTV: West intersection of Henday/Whitemud. my apologies for confusion.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?p=67392995#post67392995

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
Bump..

Never thought I'd be mowing the lawn in late September and today. Got the leaves done (there are still lots left though) as well.

My damn lawn is still green. Without water.

Love it!

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Yeah it's been amazing weather. Back to back weekends of going out for a nice long run wearing SHORTS! Crazy stuff. Love it!

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Bump.. seems like there's been a thunderstorm watch every day for the last two weeks.. crazy.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Bump.. seems like there's been a thunderstorm watch every day for the last two weeks.. crazy.

Yeah but the funny thing is here on the south side we really have not been hammered by any real huge downpours, more rumbling in the sky but the heavy rain has missed us.

I get a tad worried when we have a lot of warm humid weather with no appreciable rain fall as those were the conditions before the big tornado a number of years ago.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
HAHAHAHA. I don't know why, but seeing this thread bumped amid all of the crazy debate and vitriol being spread over the Hall trade really made me chuckle. Thanks for that.

It's like if this scene ended with "so...how about the weather?"
7IhLWMh.gif

edit: also, boo. I'll be back in town as of next Monday for a week, be a shame if it was all rainy.

McOvechking

Apr 28, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
Not something to be saying in a weather thread without detail. Thunderstorm watch and advisory (like all week) is all that is being reported.

If you have info please report it

Sorry mate. Impressive super cell over northeastern Edmonton. Pretty vicious looking storm just raced to Edmonton then stalled right over the city.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Sorry mate. Impressive super cell over northeastern Edmonton. Pretty vicious looking storm just raced to Edmonton then stalled right over the city.

Thanks. We've had barely anything here in Southeast. Just like all week. We've had nonstop thunder, massive rain, massive hail reports and nothing, hardly a drop of rain. had to water the grass and garden yesterday again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad