GDT: 2015 All Encompassing March Madness (NCAA Div 1 Basketball) Thread

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
God I hate Duke so much!

I was worried that Wisconsin would be due for a let down after beating Kentucky.

Letdown? Did you watch the game? Duke was down by 9 in the second half and fought back for the win.

Duke was just the better team.

They are the best team in the country.

Hate them or not, gotta give credit where credit is due.

...and Duke would've beat Kentucky too!

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

I give Kryzewski credit for being able to scowl and threaten officials with their jobs for two and a half straight hours about every single call. I remember a time when he didn't do that.

One of the absolute worst sportsmen of our time, who of course is lauded by the establishment like Jim Nantz and people who are easily duped. He is as slimy as Pitino, Calipari, Boeheim and Calhoun because you have to be to win in that business.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
I give Kryzewski credit for being able to scowl and threaten officials with their jobs for two and a half straight hours about every single call. I remember a time when he didn't do that.

One of the absolute worst sportsmen of our time, who of course is lauded by the establishment like Jim Nantz and people who are easily duped. He is as slimy as Pitino, Calipari, Boeheim and Calhoun because you have to be to win in that business.

This sounds like what annoying fans say about Belichick.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
That was a fantastic game. Wisconsin is a great team is will be back again next year to finish the job.

Congrats to Duke and Coach K! I love Coach K.

UConn Women play tonight. No contest there.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Letdown? Did you watch the game? Duke was down by 9 in the second half and fought back for the win.

I'd rather have seen Duke prove they could beat Kentucky, than beat a Wisconsin team that just beat the undefeated, potential "best team ever".

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
That was a fantastic game. Wisconsin is a great team is will be back again next year to finish the job.

Congrats to Duke and Coach K! I love Coach K.

UConn Women play tonight. No contest there.

No they won't. They're going to lose Kaminsky and Dekker to the draft. They're gonna fall down a couple of pegs, probably won't be back for a few years.

Crazy stuff though. Last 7 National Championships have ended up going to teams from 3 states: North Carolina (Duke [2], UNC), Connecticut (UConn [2]), Kentucky (UK, Louisville). The rich get richer, in the end. I know how it feels to be on the other side watching these teams, they all just stay so dominant.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I'd rather have seen Duke prove they could beat Kentucky, than beat a Wisconsin team that just beat the undefeated, potential "best team ever".

Well, Duke did their part to make it to the Final....what happened to Kentucky?

My brother has been a BIG Duke fan for decades, and told me on Sunday that he was more concerned about Wisconsin than Kentucky.

He wanted Duke to play Kentucky too, and said they would've beaten Kentucky by 10 points.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Wiscy ran out of gas 3/4 of the way through the game and there is a big difference in the team both played the prior game.

Arizona and Kentucky are actually really similar teams to Duke in terms of makeup its why Wiscy had them in their pockets almost the entire game since they had just beaten a similar and probably slightly better team twice. Got ice cold at the wrong time. (But that has been a theme of this tournament the games get to about 5 minutes left and the defenses have tightened up big time and you've had to score from the line or on a circus shot no easy buckets late.)

Anyways its great that ucon fans can no longer claim to have as many NC's as duke and duke only won because I visited there stadium this year you are welcome duke!

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Wisconsin will always be good as long as Ryan is there, but this was the best chance in years to win it all. They'll probably go back to being a 3 or 4 seed, winning ugly games 48-40 and getting beat by the top end talent schools like Arizona who they were beating the last few.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Well, Duke did their part to make it to the Final....what happened to Kentucky?

My brother has been a BIG Duke fan for decades, and told me on Sunday that he was more concerned about Wisconsin than Kentucky.

He wanted Duke to play Kentucky too, and said they would've beaten Kentucky by 10 points.

I just think that it's almost expected to have a let down performance after such a huge win on Saturday.

Just an opinion but it's the unavoidable flaw of the single elimination system.

I'm not saying Kentucky would have won for sure, BTW, but I do think that if Kentucky played Duke 10x and Wisconsin played Duke 10x - Kentucky would beat them more often.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Mike Krzyzewski may well be the greatest college coach ever and I think John Wooden would agree. Wooden was a great coach but he was also helped by having first Kareem and then Bill Walton through the dynasty years.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

Not sure what you're talking about.

Sounds like "sour grapes".

Duke was in foul trouble last night, but their bench players (..and coach K) definitely helped to win the game.

Coach K is a great coach! ...(not slimy)

Over 1000 wins in NCAA basketball is an amazing feat.

Like I said "give credit where credit is due".

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Sounds like "sour grapes".

No it's not. I absolutely wanted Wisconsin to win the game. Trust me.

Please, someone, anyone, before you use this term, look up the meaning. The most abused phrase in the English language.

The only thing sour is his face.

Coach-K-wins-593x356.jpg

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
No it's not. I absolutely wanted Wisconsin to win the game. Trust me.

Please, someone, anyone, before you use this term, look up the meaning. The most abused phrase in the English language.

The only thing sour is his face.

Coach-K-wins-593x356.jpg

It's really not that complicated.

All it means is.... "You didn't get what you wanted, so you have to make **** up"!

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
It's really not that complicated.

All it means is.... "You didn't get what you wanted, so you have to make **** up"!

That's okay, enjoy your Dookie championship and I hope that Sulaimon investigation works out for you guys. I'm sure, somehow, with a little help from the NCAA and Bristol, CT, it will. I'm sure Mike knew nothing.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
That's okay, enjoy your Dookie championship and I hope that Sulaimon investigation works out for you guys. I'm sure, somehow, with a little help from the NCAA and Bristol, CT, it will. I'm sure Mike knew nothing.

picture.php

Killer B

Honey Badger don't care
Aug 28, 2008
Wisconsin

Some questionable reffing in that second half really helped out the Dukies...

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA
Coach K is a great coach! ...(not slimy)

If you have to put 'not slimy' as a follow up to a reference to anyone... then that person is definitely slimy.

The guy is a great recruiter and a great coach, but if the 18 year old version of him came over to pick up your daughter for a date you'd totally #### a living monkey.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
When you play Duke, you know the majority of calls are going against you, you just have to be that much better then them. That being said, Wisconsin has no one to blame for themselves after blowing a 9 point lead with Duke's top 2 players on the bench with 3 fouls, letting that Grayson kid take over the game was simply inexcusable and why they ended up losing.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
If you have to put 'not slimy' as a follow up to a reference to anyone... then that person is definitely slimy.

The guy is a great recruiter and a great coach, but if the 18 year old version of him came over to pick up your daughter for a date you'd totally #### a living monkey.

I get it.

Most of the New England area does not particularly like Duke basketball, and likes to make **** up about them.

I'm a Bruins fan, and don't particularly like Brady and the Pats either, but I'm not willing to make **** up about them.

...and you don't know my daughter.

I would feel sorry for the 18 year old.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Wasn't Duke the team in foul trouble?

How did that help them out with Okafor sitting on the bench?

It's more about the 2nd half free throw discrepancy and the missed out of bounds call.

Duke consistently gets the calls, as far back as when Laettner stomped on (can't remember who) someone in the tournament in 90 or 91. A player on any other team in the country would have been ejected over that one.

Edit/add;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AwYVTB2rZw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad