GDT: 2015 All Encompassing March Madness (NCAA Div 1 Basketball) Thread

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Is it completely insane to have Utah in the Final 4? I know nothing about CBB and always just do a bit of research before filling out my bracket; I like to go against the grain with my picks but try not to be completely insane. It seems like picking against them is the most popular upset pick of the 1st round, but I also heard their underlying numbers/strength of schedule has them really undervalued as a 5 seed.

FWIW, here's my final 8 (bolded picks being the winners):

1 Kentucky vs. 7 Wichita St.
1 Wisconsin vs. 2 Arizona
1 Villanova vs. 2 Virginia
5 Utah vs. 6 SMU

With Kentucky over Virginia at the end.

Joe Zanussi

Jul 15, 2011
Is it completely insane to have Utah in the Final 4? I know nothing about CBB and always just do a bit of research before filling out my bracket; I like to go against the grain with my picks but try not to be completely insane. It seems like picking against them is the most popular upset pick of the 1st round, but I also heard their underlying numbers/strength of schedule has them really undervalued as a 5 seed.

5 Utah vs. 6 SMU

I can live w everything else there. But, yes I think its insane to have Utah go that far. I personally believe there's a decent chance they lose in Round One.

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Well all the play in games are complete and now the real fun starts tomorrow! As a Providence fan neither Boise St. or Dayton scared me, a really ugly game and both teams looked sloppy. I really can't see Dayton matching up with Bentil and Desrosiers/Chukwu down low as they don't have one player in their rotation taller than 6' 6". For Dayton to have a chance their guards are gonna have to shoot lights out because the Friars are gonna win the battle of the boards easily. Dayton also seems to have limited depth, only playing 7 guys tonight.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I'm going out on a major limb and picking Villanova to win it all over Kentucky.

Buffalo has Bobby Hurley as the coach so that pick is purely sentimental. God how great he could have been had he worn his seatbelt..

I have no problem sharing my bracket no matter how crazy it may be..

ESPN%20-%20Tournament%20Challenge%20-%20ESPNrsquos%20NCAA%20Mens%20Bracket%20Game_%20Get%20i.._zps40zd2nbm.jpg

BigBadBruin8

@rsox1221
Jul 31, 2005
Shrewsbury, MA
You have the Elite 8 as all 1s and 2s and the Final Four as all 1s? I think that's less likely than a 12 seed winning it's region.

I'm not picking on you, just curious. Has that ever actually happened? The top 8 seeds all make the Elite 8 and all the 1s make the Final Four?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
You have the Elite 8 as all 1s and 2s and the Final Four as all 1s? I think that's less likely than a 12 seed winning it's region.

I'm not picking on you, just curious. Has that ever actually happened? The top 8 seeds all make the Elite 8 and all the 1s make the Final Four?

I did it based off of history and nostalgia to be honest. Never even looked at the numbers. The only one I had that was a sure bet was Kentucky.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Happy first day of the tournament everyone!! I hope that your upsets be plenty!! :handclap:

If anybody cares, my final four now stands as: Kentucky (Midwest), Arizona (West), Virginia (East), and Iowa State (South). Two 1 seeds being upset in the round of 32.

Hope everybody enjoys the weekend and the tournament! :)

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Kentucky vs. Arizona, Michigan State vs. Duke.

One of my favorite times of the year!

I filled out one bracket yesterday, and then picked 2 more just for the heckuva it.

...picked Kentucky to beat Gonzaga in the 1st bracket final, Arizona to beat Duke in the 2nd bracket final, and Duke to beat Arizona in the 3rd.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston

5 Utah vs. 6 SMU

Hey, I also have Utah. But I have Arizona and Louisville instead of Wisco and Villanova.

Anyone watch the Georgia State game? It's been a pretty crazy day already. As expected.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I like Arizona in final 4 with Kentucky.I also like Gonzaga and my wildcard Michigan State.
MY WINNER ARIZONA .Kentucky gonna pull a UNLV .Running Rebels were favs to repeat without freshman on team and got upset by Duke .I see a repeat coming.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
U of Dayton is apparently Duke or UConn women now, home games and the refs in the bag. Wondering when this happened.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Kentucky vs. Arizona, Michigan State vs. Duke.

One of my favorite times of the year!

Darn good prediction...3 out of 4 right.

I'll take Duke over Kentucky in the final.

Last edited:

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I'm still taking Duke to win the tournament, but over Wisconsin now!

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Congrats to the Duke Blue Devils for another national title win!!!

Kudos to Winslow, Jones, Okafor and coach K.

Good try by Kaminsky and the Badgers, but Duke was just too good this year.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
God I hate Duke so much!

I was worried that Wisconsin would be due for a let down after beating Kentucky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad