Rumor: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Same.

I've been a big Cowen supporter, and I think he still could end up a solid 2nd pairing D, but it's time to move on. If I were Murray I'd take whatever I can get at this point just to get his 4.6M salary off the books for next year.

It will never happen ever. Most guys who pan out to be that at least show glimpse of 2nd pairing play, but since his rookie season Cowen has been terrible and I would not be happier if he is traded.

FireMelnyk

Jun 3, 2006
If he is traded and does become a solid 2nd pairing d, i hope Sens fans don't start talking **** about the trade and how Murray messed up.

Truth is he won't work here. I feel like if he goes to a team where he will be able to be properly sheltered and what not, he will start to improve.

Cowen would have 1 year to become a good 2nd pair D in Ottawa which I don't see happening as we will need to offer him 4.5M+ on a qualifying offer in a year's time.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Cowen was excellent through the first 10 games, mediocre the next 10, and has been awful the last 10.

For a third of the season Cowen was the only bright spot on our defense outside of EK and Methot. It's simply incorrect to say he hasn't shown flashes of good play.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Cowen was excellent through the first 10 games, mediocre the next 10, and has been awful the last 10.

For a third of the season Cowen was the only bright spot on our defense outside of EK and Methot. It's simply incorrect to say he hasn't shown flashes of good play.

Would hardly call him excellent. He's was a polished turd in a pile of crap. He still made stupid plays, he just did it less frequently. Then when the rest of the team woke up, he not only didn't elevate his play, but he actually became worse.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Lmao excellent? He was an acceptable third pairing guy for a third of the season. That's it.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
If he is traded and does become a solid 2nd pairing d, i hope Sens fans don't start talking **** about the trade and how Murray messed up.

Truth is he won't work here. I feel like if he goes to a team where he will be able to be properly sheltered and what not, he will start to improve.
Yea if he becomes good. I'll be the first to rip on Murray for wrongfully assessing Cowan.

dmarc

SENS!!!!!!!
Mar 29, 2009
Cowen still has a chance at becoming good: too much of an impressive tool box to give up on this early considering he's pretty much stalled in his development.

Some GM is going to think "we can get him back on track"; it's just a matter of Murray making that other GM pay up to get a crack at it.

If Cowen becomes good, he should be really solid.

Disagree, outside of size, what about Cowen's tool box is impressive?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
The only improvement we should be looking to make at forward via trade is to try to package Zibanejad for a true #1 center, preferably one with size, that can push Turris to the #2 center position where he'd thrive. Given that such a player is almost impossible to acquire, I hope Murray sits on his hands and let's our forward group fill itself out though the improvement of our young players.

Murray's focus should be 100% on improving the defense. Team is one top 4 D short of being a playoff team, two top 4 D short of contending. I think Ceci will establish himself as a top 4 defenseman sooner than later, which means we really only have one gaping hole to fill on the roster, and that's a top 4 LD.

Hopefully Vancouver keeps sucking and Edler becomes available. Would be the perfect acquisition for this team.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
The only improvement we should be looking to make at forward via trade is to try to package Zibanejad for a true #1 center, preferably one with size, that can push Turris to the #2 center position where he'd thrive. Given that such a player is almost impossible to acquire, I hope Murray sits on his hands and let's our forward group fill itself out though the improvement of our young players.

Murray's focus should be 100% on improving the defense. Team is one top 4 D short of being a playoff team, two top 4 D short of contending. I think Ceci will establish himself as a top 4 defenseman sooner than later, which means we really only have one gaping hole to fill on the roster, and that's a top 4 LD.

Hopefully Vancouver keeps sucking and Edler becomes available. Would be the perfect acquisition for this team.

Perfectly said.

That's why I wanted Zibanejad++ for Johansen package so badly but they needed D.

I can't think of another C available we could package Zib for who's a legit number 1.

RNH? Duchene? IF both moving then it'll be for D.

If Zibanejad continues his great play though.... I would think a player like JVR would be able to put our forward group over the top alongside another great D acquisition.

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
JVR-Zibanejad-Stone

Thus we should focus on improving D and it starts and ends with Gunnarsson. Just sounds like the perfect fill in guy to acquire who wont cost too much and is a stable and solid top 4 guy who might fit excellently with Karlsson too.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
The question is how do we land drouin

Depends on how desperate Tampa gets, I don't mean about dealing drouin but more about securing their playoff spot. This team was supposed to be a cup contender and they are tied for wc 2 atm. Having drouin in the minors doesn't do much for them today but Yzerman might get desperate for an immediate improvement

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Perfectly said.

That's why I wanted Zibanejad++ for Johansen package so badly but they needed D.

I can't think of another C available we could package Zib for who's a legit number 1.

RNH? Duchene? IF both moving then it'll be for D.

If Zibanejad continues his great play though.... I would think a player like JVR would be able to put our forward group over the top alongside another great D acquisition.

Hoffman-Turris-Ryan
JVR-Zibanejad-Stone

Thus we should focus on improving D and it starts and ends with Gunnarsson. Just sounds like the perfect fill in guy to acquire who wont cost too much and is a stable and solid top 4 guy who might fit excellently with Karlsson too.

I think we will see something at the trade deadline. For a package like puempel or prince and a second.

I just don't think teams are willing to deal d men Right now. And by the trade deadline if we are in the playoff hunt we won't be trading zibanejad.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I'm looking at Carolina and philly as two teams who might be willing to deal. Specifically Ron hainsey and Michael del zotto.
These teams may be willing to take back picks.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I also really do think chabot will be in the NHL next year. So all this talk about top 4 might be useless.

Also. The odds are about 0 so saying this is useless. But I would love hanifin out ofcarolina. They have no reason to trade him.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
I also really do think chabot will be in the NHL next year. So all this talk about top 4 might be useless.

Also. The odds are about 0 so saying this is useless. But I would love hanifin out ofcarolina. They have no reason to trade him.

I really really hope Chabot is not in the NHL next season. Take time, do it right. No more rushing assets.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I really really hope Chabot is not in the NHL next season. Take time, do it right. No more rushing assets.

I would think he at least gets his nine games. If we don't acquire someone else. He will be the 4th - 5th best d man on the team

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

How many guys has been rushed with the Sens? Maybe Lazar's offense is not what people thought it should be maybe but it's too early to tell yet. Anyone else? Maybe Ceci, Zibby but Karlsson, Stone, Hoffman, Prince, Pageau, Puempel, seemed to not have have been rushed.

I'm excluding Cowen cause his career has been a wreck so far.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
How many guys has been rushed with the Sens? Maybe Lazar's offense is not what people thought it should be maybe but it's too early to tell yet. Anyone else? Maybe Ceci, Zibby but Karlsson, Stone, Hoffman, Prince, Pageau, Puempel, seemed to not have have been rushed.

I'm excluding Cowen cause his career has been a wreck so far.

Maybe what I said came across the wrong way. I didn't mean the Sens have rushed massive amounts of guys to the NHL. What I really meant was that slow cooking guys (like the ones you mentioned) in the minors seems to be very successful. I do feel like Ceci should have spent more time in the AHL, but he stepped into an opportunity and took advantage.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Its insane that anyone that watches this team consistently defends this player. He is aweful, always has been. Ill never forget being in attendance in Buffalo for the WJC where he was one of the major reasons for the third period melt down. All the same mistakes he made then he makes now consistently.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Cowen still has a chance at becoming good: too much of an impressive tool box to give up on this early considering he's pretty much stalled in his development.

Some GM is going to think "we can get him back on track"; it's just a matter of Murray making that other GM pay up to get a crack at it.

If Cowen becomes good, he should be really solid.

I've officially given up on him and I was one of the most vocal people a of drafting him at our spot before we actually did draft him.

I guess I think he's just lacking the tools upstairs in his head and I don't ever see it changing. I hope I'm wrong but yeah, I've given up on him.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
He looked good for real his rookie season. He seemed to have fallen off after the hip surgery the lock out year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad