Confirmed with Link: 2015-2016 Regular Season Schedule released (Home Opener 10/8 vs OTT)

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
No Sabres/Bills conflicts, though one day both play: 12/6 (Texans @ Bills, Sabres @ Oilers)

Theres a Bills-Sabres conflict - Monday, November 23 - Sabres host Blues at 7:00 pm ET - Bills at Patriots - 8:30 pm ET.
Guess I'll be selling the Blues game. (Sabres game would have to be moved to 5:30 pm ET or sooner for me to attend.)

Last edited:

sabresEH

May 17, 2009
Kelowna, BC
What in the heck are the schedulers doing to me? Play in Edm on sunday Dec 6, then in VANCOUVER monday the 7th, then back to Calgary for thursday the 10th. I guess I'll just skip the Calgary game but that sucks. I imagine it has something to do with arena availability but still, you play the Alberta teams then go to BC or start in BC then go to Alberta, not this back and forth bs.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Probably should have posted that there are two Sabres-Bills conflicts with the teams playing the same evening.

The Monday, November 23 is a "major" one as its a Sabres home game going up against a Bills away game.
The other conflict on Thursday, November 12 is a "minor" one as both the Sabres and Bills games are on the road.
Guess I'll have to watch them both in the computer room where I have two TVs in the room.

Saturday, November 7 - Canucks at Sabres - 1:00 pm ET. Sunday, November 8 - Dolphins at Bills - 1:00 pm ET.
Crud - Relatives are coming into town for the Dolphins game - was going to sell them my Sabres season tickets if the Sabres were to be playing at home that weekend.
I was going to also ask the STHers next to me if they will be willing to sell me theirs as I would need six tickets.
Not going to happen now with the Sabres game being Millers first game back at the FNC.
I must attend that game and most likely the STHers next to me will be attending too.

Speaking of Sabres/Bills - too bad theres no "One Buffalo Double-Header" - Bills home game at 1:00 pm ET - Sabres home game at 7:00 pm ET.

Last edited:

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Here it is: http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?team=BUF

Some stuff I found interesting:

• First Eichel vs. McDavid showdown is 12/6 in Edmonton. Oilers visit Buffalo 3/1.
  • Sabres' fans first chance to boo Babcock is 10/21.
  • Bylsma returns to Pittsburgh on 10/29.
  • Miller returns to Buffalo 11/7.
  • The 2/27 game in LA is an 11PM puck drop. What. The. ****. :rant:
  • 7 Saturday 1PM matinees: 10/10 vs. Tampa, 11/7 vs. Vancouver, 12/19 vs. Chicago, 1/2 vs. Detroit, 3/5 vs. Minnesota, 3/12 vs. Carolina, 3/26 vs. Winnipeg
  • 2 Sunday 12:30PM matinees: 2/14 vs. Colorado, 2/21 vs. Pittsburgh
  • 3PM matinee on Columbus Day against... Columbus. :laugh:
  • No Sabres/Bills conflicts, though one day both play: 12/6 (Texans @ Bills, Sabres @ Oilers)

They play Tampa Bay 4 of the first 15 games!

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@BNHarrington -

Ted Black said the matinees came about through the hockey dept as well. "Playing earlier in the day is probably advantageous."

Black - "What will become normal for us will be abnormal for other teams and (GMTM) thinks the young kids will be a little more resilient."

The Saturday matinees help cut back-to-backs too. Black - "You play Saturday afternoon, you can't play a Friday night home or away."

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/...-matinees-a-decision-of-hockey-not-marketing/

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Why are there three home games against the Canadiens?

In their division - the Sabres play five games vs two teams and four games vs the other five teams.
This year they play five games against Montreal and Detroit.
One of those teams they have three home games/two away games against - this year its Montreal.
The other team they have two home games/three away games against - this year its Detroit.
They play four games (two home games/two away games) vs Boston/Florida/Ottawa/Tampa Bay/Toronto.

Next year, they will have four games (two home/two away) against Montreal and Detroit.
They will then play two other teams in their division five games.
One team will come to Buffalo three games - the other team will come to Buffalo two games.

Last year we played Tampa Bay three games away/two games home and Florida three games home/two games away.
So next year we will play two of these three teams five games - Toronto/Boston/Ottawa.

Taken from Buffalo News article on this years schedule - http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/06/26/sabres-schedule-includes-10-home-matinees/

Atlantic Division Breakdown - The Sabres have five games against Montreal (three home, two away) and Detroit (two home, three away).
They play two home and two away against Tampa Bay, Toronto, Florida, Boston, and Ottawa.

Metropolitan Division Breakdown - The Sabres got a tough hand dealt here with their road schedule.
They play one home and two away games against the New York Rangers, New York Islanders, Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.
They play two home and one away against Washington, Columbus, New Jersey and Carolina.

Western Conference Breakdown - As in the past, the Sabres will play all 14 teams in the West once at home and once on the road.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Heres how they break it down - how many games you play vs each team -

Eastern Conference (8-Team Divisions) -
Within Conference (Division) - 30 games - 5 games vs two teams (3 Home/2 Away vs one team - 2 Home/3 Away vs one team) -
4 games vs five teams (2 Home/2 Away). 5 x 2 =10 games - 4 x 5 = 20 games.
Within Conference (Non-Division) - 24 games - 3 games vs each team (2 Home/1 Away vs four teams - 1 Home/2 Away vs four teams). 3 x 8 = 24 games.
Non-Conference - 28 games - 2 games vs each team (1 Home/1 Away) - 2 x 14 = 28 games.

Western Conference (7-Team Divisions) -
Within Conference (Division) - 29 games - 5 games vs five teams (3 Home/2 Away vs two teams - 2 Home/3 Away vs three teams) -
4 games vs one team (2 Home/2 Away). 5 x 5 =25 games - 1 x 4 = 4 games.
Within Conference (Non-Division)- 21 games - 3 games vs each team (2 Home/1 Away vs four teams - 1 Home/2 Away vs three teams) - 3 x 7 = 21 games.
Non-Conference - 32 games - 2 games vs each team (1 Home/1 Away) - 2 x 16 = 32 games.
Exception - One team from each division plays one less game inside division and one more game inside conference outside division.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
@BNHarrington -

Ted Black said the matinees came about through the hockey dept as well. "Playing earlier in the day is probably advantageous."

Black - "What will become normal for us will be abnormal for other teams and (GMTM) thinks the young kids will be a little more resilient."

The Saturday matinees help cut back-to-backs too. Black - "You play Saturday afternoon, you can't play a Friday night home or away."

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/...-matinees-a-decision-of-hockey-not-marketing/

Curious if this will backfire. Pro hockey players like their pre-game naps.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Buffalo Sabres ‏@BuffaloSabres -
TRADE - The #Sabres have acquired @RobinLehner & David Legwand from @Senators in exchange for 21st overall pick in 2015 #NHLDraft (from NYI).

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch -
As my friend notes, the #Sens open the season against the Buffalo Sabres on Oct. 8. Lehner vs. Anderson.

Sylvain St-Laurent @Syl_St_Laurent -
On vous rappelle que les #Sens débuteront leur saison régulière à Buffalo, le jeudi 8 octobre prochain.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
Please don't mock the 11pm start time in LA, I live 20 minutes from the arena, so I will need the extra 2 hours of travel time to get there.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Unless its a typo and they forgot the SN - the All-Star game is going to be on NBC and not NBCSN.

So the Sabres will have less than 12 games on NBC/NBCSN.
My guess 10 games - 9 on NBCSN and 1 on NBC - which will be the Hockey Day In America - Sunday, Feb 21 - home game vs Pittsburgh.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad