Confirmed with Link: 2015-2016 Regular Season Schedule released (Home Opener 10/8 vs OTT)

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
LaxSabre - Won't be a NBCSN or CBC or Sportsnet double-header with Eichel-Sabres first game and McDavid-Oilers second game.
(Hopefully CBC or NBCSN has the Oilers-Blues game on so I can record and watch when I get home from the Sens-Sabres game.)
Tom Timmermann ‏@tomtimm - Blues home opener is Oct. 8 vs. Edmonton. Welcome to the NHL, Connor McDavid.

LaxSabre - Mike Harrington thinks Sabres will open the season on the road which means a game on either Tuesday, October 6 (which would be a first for the NHL - never opens a non-strike/non lockout season on a Tuesday) or Wednesday, October 7.
‏@BNHarrington - #Sabres announce home opener Oct. 8 vs. #Sens. Full schedule tomorrow. Season may open on road.

LaxSabre - Opening night will be Wednesday, October 7 - no word if Sabres will be playing then and on the road.
‏@FriedgeHNIC - Opening Night is Oct. 7. Next night is Connor McDavid's first game (in STL) and the third night will have Mike Babcock returning to DET.

LaxSabre - Opening Game for the Sabres is Thursday, October 8. No road game on Wednesday, October 7.
‏@BNHarrington - Now seeing all openers, so Oct. 8 #Sabres-Sens game is in fact home and season opener.

@BuffNewsVogl - Sabres' schedule still subject to revisions, but I hear we may see an increase in weekend afternoon games.

LaxSabre - Chicago Blackhawks home opener - Wednesday, October 7 vs New York Rangers.

Last edited:

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Here it is: http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?team=BUF

Some stuff I found interesting:

• First Eichel vs. McDavid showdown is 12/6 in Edmonton. Oilers visit Buffalo 3/1.
  • Sabres' fans first chance to boo Babcock is 10/21.
  • Bylsma returns to Pittsburgh on 10/29.
  • Miller returns to Buffalo 11/7.
  • Kane and Bogosian return to Winnipeg on 1/10.
  • The 2/27 game in LA is an 11PM puck drop. What. The. ****. :rant:
  • 7 Saturday 1PM matinees: 10/10 vs. Tampa, 11/7 vs. Vancouver, 12/19 vs. Chicago, 1/2 vs. Detroit, 3/5 vs. Minnesota, 3/12 vs. Carolina, 3/26 vs. Winnipeg
  • 2 Sunday 12:30PM matinees: 2/14 vs. Colorado, 2/21 vs. Pittsburgh
  • 3PM matinee on Columbus Day against... Columbus. :laugh:

Last edited:

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Here's the Sabres' press release:
BUFFALO, N.Y. (June 25, 2015) — The Buffalo Sabres and the National Hockey League today announced the team’s 2015-16 regular-season schedule. The variable ticket pricing designations for individual games will be released at a later date. Among the highlights of the schedule are the team’s 10 afternoon games at First Niagara Center in 2015-16, including seven Saturday games with a 1 p.m. faceoff.

Click here to download the 2015-16 Buffalo Sabres schedule
(PDF)

The Sabres open their season at home on Thursday, Oct. 8 against the Ottawa Senators in the first of three consecutive home games, marking Buffalo’s longest home stand of the season. Two days later, the team will host the reigning Eastern Conference champions, as the Tampa Bay Lightning visit First Niagara Center for Buffalo’s first of 10 afternoon home games in 2015-16.

Following another afternoon home game on Columbus Day (Monday, Oct. 12) against the Columbus Blue Jackets, the team will head to Florida and Tampa Bay for their first two road games of the season. With two more home dates against divisional rivals (Toronto and Montreal) immediately following the Florida trip, the Sabres will face Atlantic Division opponents in six of the team’s first seven games.

After opening the season with three straight home games, the Sabres have six more three-game home stands throughout the season, the next of which occurs from Oct. 21 to 24. The longest stretch of away games for the team is also three, with the first of four such road trips taking place from Dec. 6 to 10 in Western Canada.

Other highlights from the Sabres’ 2015-16 home schedule:
  • 22 total weekend home games (9 Fridays; 11 Saturdays; 2 Sundays)
  • Three holiday home games (Columbus Day; Thanksgiving Eve; New Year’s Eve)
  • Two home games against Toronto (Wed., Oct. 21; Thu., Mar. 31)
  • Stanley Cup champion Chicago Blackhawks visit Buffalo Sat., Dec. 19

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
We have had a lot more in the past....

Because Golisano wanted to maximize profit on weekend games fri/sat every weekend. I think 17 was our max the one year. We usually have has 10 or less the last few years IIRC

missingmika

Dec 9, 2006
Only 1 game in DC.... wife is due on Oct 5... that would put our first daughter at about 2 months, almost 3 months old when they play in DC.... is that too early for a kid's first hockey game if I get a suite?

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Here it is: http://www.nhl.com/ice/schedulebyseason.htm?team=BUF

Some stuff I found interesting:

• First Eichel vs. McDavid showdown is 12/6 in Edmonton. Oilers visit Buffalo 3/1.
  • Sabres' fans first chance to boo Babcock is 10/21.
  • Bylsma returns to Pittsburgh on 10/29.
  • Miller returns to Buffalo 11/7.
    [*]The 2/27 game in LA is an 11PM puck drop. What. The. ****. :rant:
  • 7 Saturday 1PM matinees: 10/10 vs. Tampa, 11/7 vs. Vancouver, 12/19 vs. Chicago, 1/2 vs. Detroit, 3/5 vs. Minnesota, 3/12 vs. Carolina, 3/26 vs. Winnipeg
  • 2 Sunday 12:30PM matinees: 2/14 vs. Colorado, 2/21 vs. Pittsburgh
  • 3PM matinee on Columbus Day against... Columbus. :laugh:
    [*]No Sabres/Bills conflicts, though one day both play: 12/6 (Texans @ Bills, Sabres @ Oilers)

Kings game is in LA on a Saturday---likely afternoon basketball game happening--an extra hour to switch the stadium.

2/21 game likely an NBC game. Unsure with Colorado game. Likely play early which gives them time to travel back home and arrive at a reasonable hour.

NFL/NHL conflict---don't forget flexing could happen.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
What's with the 1:00 PM starts

I think they may try to do dual Sabres and Bandits home dates.

a few other times it may just be more because the team they play on Saturday has a sunday afternoon game where you have dual team arena issues like in Boston and NY or if they play in Canada and they do one of those special Sunday afternoon CBC games.

I would have to dig deeper in the schedule to confirm my thoughts.

theformat04

Mar 26, 2015
Kings game is in LA on a Saturday---likely afternoon basketball game happening--an extra hour to switch the stadium.

2/21 game likely an NBC game. Unsure with Colorado game. Likely play early which gives them time to travel back home and arrive at a reasonable hour.

NFL/NHL conflict---don't forget flexing could happen.

2/21 is likely Hockey Day in America. It's usually in late February and we usually play the Penguins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad