Confirmed with Link: 2015-2016 Regular Season Schedule released (Home Opener 10/8 vs OTT)

Clock

May 13, 2006
Eichel vs. McDavid Round 2 to air on NBCSN

That's going to be very difficult to endure. I can already here Emrick going off like it's game 7 of the finals. Hopefully the NHL doesn't try to turn this into anything resembling the manufactured Crosby vs. Ovechkin "rivalry."

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Unless its a typo and they forgot the SN - the All-Star game is going to be on NBC and not NBCSN.
So the Sabres will have less than 12 games on NBC/NBCSN.
My guess 10 games- 9 on NBCSN and 1 on NBC - which will be the Hockey Day In America - Sunday, Feb 21 - home game vs Pittsburgh.

Yeah it was a typo - NHL All-Star Game is on NBCSN and not NBC.

Only 5 games? and 1 is on NBC so its only 4 on NBCSN. I figured at least 8 at the worst.
Thats backwards - team sucks - ya get 13 games - team will probably be better - has Jack Eichel - ya only get 5 games.

NBC and NBCSN will combine to showcase a tripleheader on Hockey Day In America on Sunday, February 21.
The action starts on NBC at 12:30 pm ET when the Buffalo Sabres host the Pittsburgh Penguins followed by the NHL Stadium Series at 3:30 pm ET on NBC with the Blackhawks at Wild.
(Hopefully no OT/Shootout in our game - would like to get home in time to watch the start of Blackhawks/Wild.)
Hockey Day In America then shifts to NBCSN with an Original Six matchup to close out the tripleheader, as the New York Rangers host the Detroit Red Wings at 7:00 pm ET.

NBCSN will provide coverage of the first NHL matchup on United States soil between 2015 top NHL draft picks Connor McDavid (Number #1-Edmonton) and Jack Eichel (Number #2-Buffalo), when the Buffalo Sabres host the Edmonton Oilers on March 1.

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...-air-105-nhl-regular-season-games-in-2015-16/

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
NBCSN could have picked up the Sabres/Colorado game on Jan 20.

NBC could have gone with a DH on 2/14 starting with Colorado/Sabres

jvirk

Oct 31, 2013
Hope I can get tickets to the Chicago Buffalo game here at the united center :/

hallmr09

Feb 16, 2012
South Bend, IN
Hope I can get tickets to the Chicago Buffalo game here at the united center :/

I went to one a couple of years ago. It was like $100/ticket and we sat in the middle of the 300s. Not really worth it in my opinion. I'll just stick with making the pilgrimage to Buffalo every once in a while to catch a game (and see my family).

Slapshot85

Jul 1, 2011
What's with the 1:00 PM starts

After yesterday's 1 PM game..I'm .not sure I'm going to love all of these 1PM start games. I don't mind it on occasional game (such as a holiday and a NBC national game), but it of kind puts a damper on the weekend and the hockey mood in a way.

I guess this helps cut down on back-to-back games due to the fact if you play Saturday afternoon, you're prohibited by the NHL from playing the Friday night before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad