2015-2016 Providence Bruins All-Purpose Thread

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
I'm sure you've seen Divver's tweets, but Cross is captain, with Breen, Koko, DeFazio and Sexton as As...Subban is injured and is out for tomorrow...and Bellemore has an AHL deal...Not sure if Dalton Smith is signed.

GoalieHole13

Sep 24, 2014
Canada
Smith signed - short term

Smith has signed a 25 game contract...... aka extended PTO along with keeping the option open for who they will be sending back down from the big league.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Thought I read something this morning about Subban having an injury - does that mean we can bring Smith back from Iowa? Poor kid if we can and do, considering he literally packed his bags two days ago (and a good guy, considering he favorited my tweet wishing him well with corn emoji)

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Thought I read something this morning about Subban having an injury - does that mean we can bring Smith back from Iowa? Poor kid if we can and do, considering he literally packed his bags two days ago (and a good guy, considering he favorited my tweet wishing him well with corn emoji)

No.

They already have recalled a guy from the ECHL for the first game to backup Z-Mac.

Kid named Matt Ginn per Mark Diver. His Twitter handle is @GinnAndTonic35 :laugh:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Per Mark D:

Forward lines...

Phillips-Khokhlachev-DeFazio
Vatrano-Czarnik-Ferlin
Camara-Acciari-Blidh
Hargrove-Cave-Hickman

Zane in net, Ginn backing up.

Would not surprise me if the Vatrano-Czarkik-Ferlin line is PRO's most productive in short order.

That third line alone is worth the price of admission. Two devastating hitters in Camara and Acciari and Blidh to chirp while they are laying on the ice :laugh: They will ruffle some feathers this year.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Good article on the upcoming PB's season by Diver:

http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20151007/SPORTS/151009469/-1/breaking_ajax/?Start=1

Only thing I disagree with is the prediction about Cassidy. I don't think he's done that great a job in PRO, nor do I think that if Clode gets the axe he's the guy for the B's job.

you cant blame Divver, he's got to deal with Cassidy, and Mark's very good.

I have tickets tonigt but am to tired to go- wish it was about 25 miles closer to my digs.

very interesting team, lot of youth, hope they play well tonight going to pay attention somehow

really want to go but dead after the game last night and traffic stinks worse than a skunk family get together crashed by a dog

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
you cant blame Divver, he's got to deal with Cassidy, and Mark's very good.

I have tickets tonigt but am to tired to go- wish it was about 25 miles closer to my digs.

very interesting team, lot of youth, hope they play well tonight going to pay attention somehow

really want to go but dead after the game last night and traffic stinks worse than a skunk family get together crashed by a dog

I don't "blame" Mark D for anything, he's excellent, and as you say, he relies on Cassidy for info and stories every day. I just don't think that he (Cassidy) has done a particularly good job in developing the forwards.

You look at that lineup and there is only one F over 23 that I can see (DeFazio) and few carry-overs from last year (KoKo, Ferlin, Camara). Several Cassidy "faves" are playing elsewhere. Toss in Pandolfo, Langenbrunner, and Sweeney and I think Cassidy has new marching orders.

See what we have.

He has the rep of being a really smart hockey guy and I hope he and PRO do well, but I'm taking a "wait and see" approach with this one.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Way to go Cross!!!

Hope this is his year to finally see some NHL action, although I bet he's great to have around for all the new faces in Providence.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The Baby B's lose in OT 2-1 to Wilkes Barre after my boy Frankie V tied it late in the 3rd. Providence outshot the Pens 40-38 in regulation. Sounds as if both goalies played extremely well? At least the PB's gain a point.

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
Is there ice-time stats available for AHL?

Last nights pairs according to Divver:

Cross-Youds
Breen-Casto
Arnesson-Bellemore

Flint Ironstag

Oct 8, 2006
Providence
The Baby B's lose in OT 2-1 to Wilkes Barre after my boy Frankie V tied it late in the 3rd. Providence outshot the Pens 40-38 in regulation. Sounds as if both goalies played extremely well? At least the PB's gain a point.

Eh, they didn't exactly test Murray. Scranton pressured the point the whole game and did a pretty good job of clogging the shooting lanes. PBs kept trying point shots, though. I think maybe one of them resulted in a deflection in front that a PB got a stick on. I saw a lot of center-mass shots or short-side low stuff coming off a rush.

First period was good, second was meh, third was mostly Scranton.

McIntyre was good though and made some nice stops.

Malt

Jul 6, 2007
Providence, RI
-I thought McIntyre played well. He was a little shaky at first but his skill is obvious and his positioning improved as the game went on. There wasn't much he could do on either goal. A promising start.

-Colton Hargrove played a smart game. He always seemed to be in the right place at the right time in his defensive zone.

-Camara and Olesky had a nice little tilt, both landing a couple of rights

-Koko was OK, 5 shots on net but a lot of aimless skating around in the Pens' zone, much like we saw in the preseason.

-Both top 6 RW, Ferlin and Phillips did nothing of note.

-Loved Blidh's game in the second period...good work on the PK and played a good physical game. Acciari also threw a couple of nice hits but seemed to be "holding back" in his first game as a pro.

-The biggest problem was the Bs PP and it likely cost them the game. (They were 0/6). The problem is there isn't much skill on the back end. Arnesson seems to be a player, but everyone else--Cross, Youds, Casto-- are stay at home, AHL-level defenders. Without a Morrow or Colin Miller to run things, the PP was a mess.

-Loved seeing 3 on 3 OT live, can't see many shootouts happening this year.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
-I thought McIntyre played well. He was a little shaky at first but his skill is obvious and his positioning improved as the game went on. There wasn't much he could do on either goal. A promising start.

-Colton Hargrove played a smart game. He always seemed to be in the right place at the right time in his defensive zone.

-Camara and Olesky had a nice little tilt, both landing a couple of rights

-Koko was OK, 5 shots on net but a lot of aimless skating around in the Pens' zone, much like we saw in the preseason.

-Both top 6 RW, Ferlin and Phillips did nothing of note.

-Loved Blidh's game in the second period...good work on the PK and played a good physical game. Acciari also threw a couple of nice hits but seemed to be "holding back" in his first game as a pro.

-The biggest problem was the Bs PP and it likely cost them the game. (They were 0/6). The problem is there isn't much skill on the back end. Arnesson seems to be a player, but everyone else--Cross, Youds, Casto-- are stay at home, AHL-level defenders. Without a Morrow or Colin Miller to run things, the PP was a mess.

-Loved seeing 3 on 3 OT live, can't see many shootouts happening this year.

Thanks for these updates M. Always appreciated. So it it appears we are lacking speed back end to allow forwards to re produce what senior Bruins are doing? It that a fair assessment?

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Good effort. Young team, very active without making a lot of the mistakes you'd expect from such inexperience. Scoring might be a problem. McIntyre looks very good, his only issues seem to be communication with the others when handling the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad