Sbisa-Weber
Corrado

Miller
Markstrom

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Based on the camp performances up til now...

Here is what I'd like:

Sedin - Sedin - Grenier"
Gaunce - Horvat - Vrbata
Kenins* - Sutter - Hansen
Dorsett - McCann - Burrows

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Weber
Hutton - Bartkowski

"I want to see Grenier get a few more chances with the Sedins to see what he can do. If it doesn't work, swap Burrows and Grenier (or send him down and use Prust).

*Kenins in for the injured Higgins. If he plays well, use him as the 4RW instead of Grenier/Prust (assuming Grenier doesn't work with the Sedins, if he does then scratch Kenins).

Yes, I left out Virtanen and Baerstchi on purpose. I don't think the former is ready and just not a fan of the latter, at least so far. Things may change based on the rest of the pre-season. :P

Here is what I expect:

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Baerstchi - Sutter - Vrbata
Kenins - Horvat - Dorsett
Virtanen - Vey - Prust

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Weber
Bartkowski - Sbisa

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
At this point I'd go into the season with

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Baertschi - Horvat - Vrbata
Kenins - McCann (9 games) - Hansen
Gaunce - Sutter - Dorsett
Prust
Injured: Higgins

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Weber
Hutton - Bartkowski
Sbisa, Corrado

Markstrom
Miller

- Waive Vey, there's no way any team would bother wasting a claim on him. Even if they do, it's not a loss. He's a waste of a roster spot and contributes basically nothing on the ice. We have younger players who are better and deserve the spot more than him.
- I think Virtanen needs more time to develop, I wouldn't even give him 9 games at this point (especially considering our lack of roster spots).
- Hutton has earned a spot to start the season in my opinion, he's easily ahead of Sbisa on the depth chart (though that's not saying much).
- McCann has earned 9 games, I doubt anyone would argue that. Re-evaluate once 9 games have passed.
- I think Gaunce has also earned some time on the team while Higgins is injured. Re-evaluate once Higgins returns (if Gaunce struggles there's no point in keeping him up).
- Even though Corrado hasn't been great, I wouldn't risk exposing him to waivers.
- Markstrom has looked better than Miller, he's also the future and we need to start focusing on him instead of an old, mediocre, declining goalie with a huge cap hit. He gets the starter job to begin the season.

And yes, if it was me I'd probably just put Prust and Sbisa on waivers and send them down, but I'm trying to be somewhat realistic as to what Jimbo would do.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Baertschi - Horvat - Vrbata
Gaunce - Sutter - Hansen
Kenins - McCann - Dorsett
(Prust, Virtanen)

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Weber
Bartkowski - Sbisa
(Hutton)

Miller
(Markstrom)

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
The way I want it.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Gaunce - Horvat - Vrbata
Virtanen - Sutter - Hansen
Prust - Cracknell - Dorsett (Need a better 4C)

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Weber
Hutton - Bartkowski
------
Corrado
Sbisa

Markstrom (Looks better so far)
Miller

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad