Kenins - Gaunce - Hansen
Dorsett

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Corrado
Sbisa - Bieksa
Stanton

Lack
Miller

Probably have to swap Virts/Burr, as I think RW is Virtanen's preferred wing?

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Vrbata
Virtanen - Horvat - Burrows
Kenins - Richardson - Kassian
Shinkaruk - Gaunce - Hansen
Dorsett

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Baertschi-Bonino-Kassian
Burrows-Horvat-Hansen
Kenins-Richardson-Dorsett
Virtanen, Vey

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Bieksa
Sbisa-Clendening
Corrado

Miller
Markstrom

Higgins for a 3rd & 5th
Lack for a 2nd & conditional pick
Weber for a 3rd
Matthias walks
Stanton and MacMillan not tendered
Richardson re-signed

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Time for the kids to shine.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Shinkaruk Horvat Vrbata
Baertschi Bonino Burrows
Hansen Gaunce Virtanen

Trade everyone else for picks. Get all the help on defense as we can. Win the cup. Easy as 123.

Sir Bennington

Jun 20, 2014
Los Angeles
Baertschi-Sedin-Kassian
Sedin-Horvat-Vrbata
Virtanen-Bonino-Hansen
Kenins-Richardson-Dorsett
Vey

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Sbisa
Corrado-Bieksa

Miller
Markstrom

Just trying to be creative... Hamhuis can babysit sbisa?

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Time for the kids to shine.

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Shinkaruk Horvat Vrbata
Baertschi Bonino Burrows
Hansen Gaunce Virtanen

Trade everyone else for picks. Get all the help on defense as we can. Win the Jake Bean sweepstakes. Easy as 123.

Fixed that for you!

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
What I would do:

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
_____ - _____ - Vrbata
Kenins - Horvat - Baertschi*
Virtanen - Richardson - Hansen
*Dorsett

Edler - _____
Hamhuis - Tanev
______ - Corrado
*Stanton - Clendening

Lack
Markstrom

If you want a "core shakeup" that would pretty much be it. Miller, Sbisa, Bieksa, Burrows, Higgins, Matthias, Weber, Vey, Bonino* gone.

If I could package Baertschi into a deal that can improve the team, I would consider that as well. Same goes for Bonino, otherwise he can stay. I would see how Markstrom handles the role of backup, if he fails I would look to acquire one. I would give him the opportunity though to prove himself for about ~30ish games into the season.

I would give WD another season as head coach. If he fails to adapt his bench management, in-game adjustments and lineup decisions -- I would then fire him the following off-season.

Not going to happen, however, that would be my approach if I were GM.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Bonino-Horvat-Vrbata
Baertschi-Vey-Kassian
Dorsett-???-Virtanen
Kenins

Edler-Tanev
Bieksa-Hamhuis
Sbisa-Corrado
Stanton

Lack
Miller

Both Higgins and Hansen are trades at the draft.

WTG

December 5th
Jan 11, 2015
West Coast
Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Baertschi-Bonino-Vrbata
Virtanen-Horvat-Burrows
Kenins-Vey-Hansen

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Corrado
Stanton-Clendening

Lack
Markstrom

Trade Higgins, Miller, Dorsett and Bieksa at the draft. Buyout Sbisa.

Get rid of all the dead weight like Miller, Dorsett, Sbisa and Bieksa. Add some youth like Corrado, Clendening and Virtanen. Hope for the best. If we suck oh well.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Note that this lineup is not what I hope for, but what is likely going to happen:

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows
Baertschi-Bonino-Vrbata
Dorsett-Horvat-Hansen
McWaiver-Vey-Kassian

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Sbisa
Stanton-Clendening

Miller
Markstrom

Sir Bennington

Jun 20, 2014
Los Angeles
Sedin-Sedin-Kassian
Baertschi-Bonino-Vrbata
Virtanen-Horvat-Burrows
Kenins-Vey-Hansen

Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Corrado
Stanton-Clendening

Lack
Markstrom

Trade Higgins, Miller, Dorsett and Bieksa at the draft. Buyout Sbisa.

Get rid of all the dead weight like Miller, Dorsett, Sbisa and Bieksa. Add some youth like Corrado, Clendening and Virtanen. Hope for the best. If we suck oh well.

Easier said than done

banme*

Jun 7, 2014
Baertschi Horvat Svechnikov
Virtanen McCann Shinkaruk
Sbisa Cassels Kassian
Dorsett Gaunce Dorsett

Should be an interesting year.

No Face No Case

Feb 28, 2012
Sedin- Sedin - Kassian
Lucic - Horvat - Vrbata
Shinkaruk-Kadri-Virtanen
Baerschi-Gaunce/Cassels/McCann-Grenier

Edler-Tanev
Erhoff-Corrado
Hutton-Pedan
Stanton-Clendenning

Lack
Markstrom

Goodbye

Burrows, Bonino, Higgins, Hansen,Bieksa ,Hamhuis, Weber,Matthias McMillan,Vey, Miller,

Last edited:

VC

Feb 28, 2002
Vancouver Island
Visit site
Without ignoring players who will be on the roster no matter regardless of people want...

D.Sedin - H.Sedin - Burrows
Baertschi - Bonino - Vrbata
Higgins/Virtanen - Horvat - Hansen
Kenins/Virtanen - Vey - Dorsett

x. McMillan

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - Weber
Sbisa - Bieksa

x. Clendening

Miller
Lack

I Would be surprised if Kassian, Matthias, Richardson or Markstrom is back. Weber is very borderline to return, the ability to stash Corrado maybe his saving grace. I personally would move Bieska to give that spot to Frankie and his welcomed skating ability but I'm not going to hold my breath for that to happen. Virtanen will be given every chance to make the roster. I don't see major changes just yet but I really do hope they improve team speed.

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Not a fan of the Vey, Sbisa, or Clendening experiment, and Clendening won't be going back to the AHL next year. Weber was an adequate stopgap, but not a solution and should be traded. As much as Bieksa and Burrows need to go (in terms of performance per cap hit), they just won't move for obvious reasons.

Jury's out on the Pedan and Baertschii move, but Pedan should remain in the AHL and Baertschii in the NHL.

Given Kassian has rubbed elbows with coach and management already this season, and the fact that JB admitted to looking at trade options for him and the fact that Canucks have a glut of wingers, I think Kassian is as good as gone.

Not a fan of Miller. His entire career he has been an average NHL starter, with the the aberration season winning the Vezina. That said, JB again made another questionable move signing him to a contract no one will want to take. Lack is the more valuable goaltender to hold as a trade chip, but losing Miller's cap hit is more valuable for the team. Dump him somewhere, anywhere (Carolina?).

Don't think Shinkaruk should remain in the AHL one more year, despite his low-scoring season. I personally believed he's turned the corner in the AHL, and has had two impressive training camps, and could really have a shot at the team next year. However, because of depth and AHL eligibility, I think Shinkaruk will have to remain in the AHL. While another season may not harm Shinkaruk's development, I think being in the NHL would be best for his development next year.

Not a fan of WD, another misjudgment of JB (to make it clear, wasn't a fan of JB before hiring and still not a fan). He's loyal to players to a fault that hurts the team. I'm not sure Bo would have made the team without the management insisting it (WD suggests this in at least one interview). Not sure management want JV to spend another year in Calgary either, and may force JV to make the team. JB likes Dorsett, I don't.

Canucks need another bottom 6 center, and Vey is a terrible solution in that scenario. For now, Gaunce could be the filler but Canucks will likely need to re-sign Richardson or find a better player. Soderberg, Goc, and Peverly are good options.

Also, while Bonino was an adequate player for the second line, his lack of foot speed makes him less than ideal for the center position, and I would rather see if any team would be willing to give a nice pick or prospect for him and replace him with Soderberg.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Baertschii Soderberg Vrbata
Higgins Horvat Hansen
Virtanen Peverly Kenins

Edler Tanev
Hamhuis Corrado
Sekera Bieksa

Lack
Markstrom

I don't know who should replace Sbisa. Could be Hutton (not likely), or a trade/signing (Martin, Beachemin, Petry, Sekera, Ehrhoff). If JB is smart, he would use Sbisa's contract to spend on Sekera.

Will likely be a similar team to this season given there will be more youth in the line up in a larger role.

Conclusion

Out: Vey, Sbisa, Weber, Kassian, Miller, Clendening, Matthias, Richardson, Bonino, Dorsett
In: Baertschii, Virtanen, Peverly, Sekera, Corrado, Soderberg, Kenins

Flip everybody for picks and prospects (hopefully another first or second round pick involved). Saves about $20 million in cap hit to easily sign Sekera, Peverly, and Soderberg. Maybe move Higgins too to give Shinkaruk a permanent spot (unlikely, and I like Higgins). Half the guys leaving are Benning boys that he acquired and are the least likely to leave, but I don't see eye-to-eye on his judgment, and believe that if the Canucks made the moves above, the team would at least be as good as or better than the current team.

GreenLantern

Jun 20, 2010
Vancouver
Ctrl+F 'Jensen'. 0 results.

I'm actually curious about Jensen. He played on the third line in game 2 of Utica's playoffs. Is Virtanen really a better option at RW than Jensen?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Not a fan of the Vey, Sbisa, or Clendening experiment, and Clendening won't be going back to the AHL next year. Weber was an adequate stopgap, but not a solution and should be traded. As much as Bieksa and Burrows need to go (in terms of performance per cap hit), they just won't move for obvious reasons.

Jury's out on the Pedan and Baertschii move, but Pedan should remain in the AHL and Baertschii in the NHL.

Given Kassian has rubbed elbows with coach and management already this season, and the fact that JB admitted to looking at trade options for him and the fact that Canucks have a glut of wingers, I think Kassian is as good as gone.

Not a fan of Miller. His entire career he has been an average NHL starter, with the the aberration season winning the Vezina. That said, JB again made another questionable move signing him to a contract no one will want to take. Lack is the more valuable goaltender to hold as a trade chip, but losing Miller's cap hit is more valuable for the team. Dump him somewhere, anywhere (Carolina?).

Don't think Shinkaruk should remain in the AHL one more year, despite his low-scoring season. I personally believed he's turned the corner in the AHL, and has had two impressive training camps, and could really have a shot at the team next year. However, because of depth and AHL eligibility, I think Shinkaruk will have to remain in the AHL. While another season may not harm Shinkaruk's development, I think being in the NHL would be best for his development next year.

Not a fan of WD, another misjudgment of JB (to make it clear, wasn't a fan of JB before hiring and still not a fan). He's loyal to players to a fault that hurts the team. I'm not sure Bo would have made the team without the management insisting it (WD suggests this in at least one interview). Not sure management want JV to spend another year in Calgary either, and may force JV to make the team. JB likes Dorsett, I don't.

Canucks need another bottom 6 center, and Vey is a terrible solution in that scenario. For now, Gaunce could be the filler but Canucks will likely need to re-sign Richardson or find a better player. Soderberg, Goc, and Peverly are good options.

Also, while Bonino was an adequate player for the second line, his lack of foot speed makes him less than ideal for the center position, and I would rather see if any team would be willing to give a nice pick or prospect for him and replace him with Soderberg.

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Baertschii Soderberg Vrbata
Higgins Horvat Hansen
Virtanen Peverly Kenins

Edler Tanev
Hamhuis Corrado
Sekera Bieksa

Lack
Markstrom

I don't know who should replace Sbisa. Could be Hutton (not likely), or a trade/signing (Martin, Beachemin, Petry, Sekera, Ehrhoff). If JB is smart, he would use Sbisa's contract to spend on Sekera.

Will likely be a similar team to this season given there will be more youth in the line up in a larger role.

Conclusion

Out: Vey, Sbisa, Weber, Kassian, Miller, Clendening, Matthias, Richardson, Bonino, Dorsett
In: Baertschii, Virtanen, Peverly, Sekera, Corrado, Soderberg, Kenins

Flip everybody for picks and prospects (hopefully another first or second round pick involved). Saves about $20 million in cap hit to easily sign Sekera, Peverly, and Soderberg. Maybe move Higgins too to give Shinkaruk a permanent spot (unlikely, and I like Higgins). Half the guys leaving are Benning boys that he acquired and are the least likely to leave, but I don't see eye-to-eye on his judgment, and believe that if the Canucks made the moves above, the team would at least be as good as or better than the current team.
I know it's a projection but it's so unrealistic.
Sbisa and Dorset won't be move......unless some GM are insane.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad