2015-2016 Minnesota Wild Discussion II

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
just an fyi tweet from pens in the sprong prospect thread. assistant coach tocchet called sprong the teams best forward tonight. said hes in the mix to win a job! if only i were the wild's gm. not sure i could handle all the headaches like the backstrom issue. i wouldn't have any hair left.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
At least according to hockey writers in their preseason predictions, the Wild seem to be stuck with the hangover caused by years of hockey community drinking the St. Louis Blues Kool Aid. Everybody got burned and now they are just saying only Chicago or up-and-coming teams can come out of the central division.

I've seen zero discussion that the Wild might have the best and deepest blueline in the entire NHL. Or that the kids are just now stepping into their prime years.

Whatever. Doesn't change the end result. Just funny.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Welcome back Torrey Mitchell.

Kidding aside, I like this. Depth is good.

:laugh: Pretty much, except when we had Mitchell we didn't have any better options even when the team was fully healthy. Now we do. I don't mind the pick up as he's a solid 13th forward. I really don't feel strongly about it, as I think we were fine either way, but now Bulmer probably won't make the team, which is ok.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
The team sure has gone a long ways in two and half years :eek:

Heatley - Koivu - Parise
Cullen - Granlund - Setoguchi
Bouchard - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Powe - Konopka - Mitchell
Kassian

Suter - Spurgeon
Stoner - Gilbert
Falk - Prosser
Dumba

Bäckström
Harding

Last edited:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Re: Porter

Meh. Free 4th liner who also happens to be Parise's best friend. Glad we didn't give up assets like we've done in the past.

DrPP

Oct 21, 2009
I thought Parise scored the PP goal. The Wild sound like they have the game under complete control.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I thought Parise scored the PP goal. The Wild sound like they have the game under complete control.

Yeah, my bad... I thought I heard them say Coyle when they werte going to intermission is all.

As for the game... I think they're playing against a pretty junior lineup for Buffalo. Thus an easy win should be expected.

HollaHaula

Cynical Wild fan
Jul 28, 2015
The team sure has gone a long ways in two and half years :eek:

Heatley - Koivu - Parise
Cullen - Granlund - Setoguchi
Bouchard - Brodziak - Clutterbuck
Powe - Konopka - Mitchell
Kassian

Suter - Spurgeon
Stoner - Gilbert
Falk - Prosser