2015-2016 Iowa Wild & Affiliates Season Thread

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
The Mallards have acquired goaltender P.J. Musico from the Greenville Swamp Rabbits.

Musico, 25, has gone 7-3-1 with a 2.35 goals against average, a .925 save percentage and one shutout in 13 games with the Swamp Rabbits this season. The rookie turned pro with the Swamp Rabbits after completing his collegiate career at Penn State.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
The Swamp Rabbits is a great name. Logo is a little lackluster, though.

ccc082d0-4c19-11e5-b379-3f4892946b6f_CNWdF6wVAAEo_NG.jpg

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Can any Iowa fans give me an idea of how Labbe has looked? I know he's not putting up offense, but has he been alright defensively?

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Article on Michalek

“His call-up was well deserved because he put the work in and has the work ethic.” Torchetti said. “He put in his time in practice and in preparation for his game. Now he has to keep on being consistent here. I think he is capable of it.”

Freddy Chabot, the Wild’s goaltending development coach, agreed. He said Michalek’s temperament and his eagerness to improve his skills and goaltending strategies are major factors in his quick rise from playing major college hockey last year at Harvard.

“Michalek has a really good demeanor so when he makes a mistake or has a bad day he seems to get over it quickly,” Chabot said. “He doesn’t criticize, he doesn’t whine. He works and competes every day.”

Michalek said that he didn’t always have that focus, but that a searing and embarrassing mistake he made in 2012 while at Harvard contributed substantially to his maturing as player and person.

“A few of us got into trouble with the school for academic dishonesty on a take home test,” Michalek said. “It was an unfortunate situation and I definitely could have handled it better. I served a one-year suspension.”

http://iowawild.com/fan-central/multimedia/news-releases/?article_id=1031

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Iowa has the least amount of GF than any team in the AHL, yet have played more games than all but one team. In some cases, they have played 8 more games.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Chase Lang's first AHL goal is at the end of this video
He has 12 shots on goal in 5 games

Mario Lucia has 2 assists in 3 games (now tied with Bussieres on the season)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad