2015-2016 Iowa Wild & Affiliates Season Thread

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Interested to see Graovac's progression and some of the new guys (Jenys, Bertschy, Labbe, Downing). Too bad Lucia didn't make the jump.

Defense should be better though:

Olofsson - Folin/Reilly
Labbe - Blum
Palmquist - Whovever

Both incoming goalies put up pretty good numbers in the NCAA as well, so we'll see there I guess.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
What will lines look like next year? Graovac and Keranen are really the only ones I figure would be the top line guys.

I'll give it a shot, knowing hardly anything about any of these guys, based on who is under contract...

Keranen - Graovac - Mitchell
Bertschy - Knight - Fedetenko
Jenys - Dalpe - Downing
Bussieries - Brassart - Bulmer
Gabriel

Rielly - Folin
Labbe - Blum
Olofsson - Palmquist

Curry
Hoffman/Michalek

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Really hope Reilly and Folin are able to stay healthy and play at least 75% of the season down in Iowa.

Just looking at that D core, you gotta think Iowa will be better.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
Iowa signed Maxime Fortunus. He actually started in our organization quite awhile ago. Was captain of Texas stars last few seasons. Will be good for the young D corps down there.

J22*

Next year we should have a Lucia, Tuch, Gilmour, Lang, possibly Eriksson Ek talent influx.

I wouldn't bet on Tuch spending much time in Iowa. I would bet even less on Eriksson Ek being there in 1 year.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
I wouldn't bet on Tuch spending much time in Iowa. I would bet even less on Eriksson Ek being there in 1 year.

There is No need to rush them though. Putting them right into the NHL would be a mistake.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Who under contract in the top nine comes out of the lineup for Tuch next year? Same question with Eriksson EK? Unless a trade happens, no room yet.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Who under contract in the top nine comes out of the lineup for Tuch next year? Same question with Eriksson EK? Unless a trade happens, no room yet.

Depends if they keep Coyle at center or not. If so, Fontaine could be let go, and we'll only have Nino/Pominville there. If Coyle gets bumped over by Graovac, then you're right, unless Pominville gets traded to allow us to keep Spurgeon around.

J22*

Never said either would be in the NHL by then, but why would either leave their current situation for the AHL? Blue chip guys in the NCAA just play another year if they're not quite ready. Guys in Europe aren't much different.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Never said either would be in the NHL by then, but why would either leave their current situation for the AHL? Blue chip guys in the NCAA just play another year if they're not quite ready. Guys in Europe aren't much different.

From Wilds' view if they don't sign him after his next NCAA season and he goes back for his 3rd year they risk the same situation Columbus did with not signing Reilly.

Nashville offered Vesey a roster spot and Vesey is going back to Haaaaavard for his Sr , 4th yr,. I'll bet that Nashville is very worried about Vesey becoming a UFA like Reilly did this year.

Sign him, send him to Iowa to develop for as long as it takes.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
MOST top players in the NCAA don't playout their college years... MOST leave school early to start the pro-game.

J22*

MOST top players in the NCAA don't playout their college years... MOST leave school early to start the pro-game.

Thanks Captain, I wasn't aware of that.:sarcasm: Of course, that doesn't really do anything to dispute my statement that MOST top players from the NCAA don't spend a lot of time in the AHL.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Thanks Captain, I wasn't aware of that.:sarcasm: Of course, that doesn't really do anything to dispute my statement that MOST top players from the NCAA don't spend a lot of time in the AHL.

Nobody said that Tuch would spend more than 1 season in the AHL, just that he will likely spend 1 season in the AHL.

J22*

There is a benefit to getting your career started, even if it's not in the NHL.

Absolutely there is. I'm not trying to say that Tuch going to the AHL is a bad idea or anything. I'm just saying that guys in his situation don't usually spend much time there.

Nobody said that Tuch would spend more than 1 season in the AHL, just that he will likely spend 1 season in the AHL.

And all I'm saying is I don't think that is likely at all. It wouldn't bother me one bit if Tuch spent an entire year in Iowa, but I would be shocked if it happened.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Absolutely there is. I'm not trying to say that Tuch going to the AHL is a bad idea or anything. I'm just saying that guys in his situation don't usually spend much time there.

And all I'm saying is I don't think that is likely at all. It wouldn't bother me one bit if Tuch spent an entire year in Iowa, but I would be shocked if it happened.
I wouldn't be shocked either way.

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
They couldn't possibly be worse, right?

It could always be worse, but I don't think it will be. The signings so far look decent, and depending on who ends up in Iowa, they should hopefully be competitive, which is what their fans (and ours) deserve.

Bringing back Hagel is huge. He was the most impressive player I saw when I went down there by a wide margin in terms of guys never really mentioned as potentially making the big club, and signing a 2-way deal I think shows that others took notice.

Fortunus I like as a depth and leadership signing, a lot of other guys who have minutes in both leagues and can play a big role in winning games for Iowa, and mentoring younger players, who may make the jump or may just be AHL vets in the long run.

I'm still excited to see Keranen. He gets glossed over, but he could be a solid 3/4 line player.

He needs people to feed. The passes are there....but they need a real finisher.

======================================

I'm also interested to see if the Wild keeps both Alaska and QC, or if they drop one or the other or both....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad