Recalled/Assigned: 2015-2016 Injury Updates & Roster Moves (Moen out; Seguin's status still unknown)

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012

Had to be done since he was just up on emergency basis for Spezza.

By the way how does the call-up stuff work in the playoffs . Do the Stars still have just the 1 Call-up left outside of emergency ?

I'm not sure exactly, but I think you submit a list post trade deadline of players who can be on your playoff roster. I think there was some discussion of this when Radulov joined the Preds late in the season a few years back, and most likely they had Vesey on theirs this year because they had his rights and thought he'd sign. That list has all the players you have under contract, so a guy like Dickinson or Lindell is on it for sure and you can call them up and send them down without any restriction as injuries happen.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Eaves probably doesn't come back next season, but I wouldn't be so quick to say Ritchie steals his spot. Ritchie has yet to prove he can stay healthier than Eaves, and Ritchie also has yet to show he has NHL hands.

Of all the UFA forwards, Eaves is the one who should come back. He provides offense, isn't a liability defensively, can play anywhere and won't cost a ton. Also as Troy said above his injuries are a feature not a bug. Dallas is going to have several younger forwards who they can call up to fill in and giving them a taste can only help. For what he costs vs what he provides keeping him makes the most sense.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
Of all the UFA forwards, Eaves is the one who should come back. He provides offense, isn't a liability defensively, can play anywhere and won't cost a ton. Also as Troy said above his injuries are a feature not a bug. Dallas is going to have several younger forwards who they can call up to fill in and giving them a taste can only help. For what he costs vs what he provides keeping him makes the most sense.

I think Scevior makes more sense. He kills penalties. And if fiddler is not back then don't need to lose two of the penalty killers. Also Scevior may be a little cheaper than eaves.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Scevior doesn't get the opportunities Eaves does with special teams and linemates, and he still has the same number of goals.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I think Scevior makes more sense. He kills penalties. And if fiddler is not back then don't need to lose two of the penalty killers. Also Scevior may be a little cheaper than eaves.

That seems doubtful. Sceviour is in his prime years and not an injury risk .

By the way who do you guy think sits when Janmark and Seguin are back ? It has to be one of Val , Eaves and Sceviour right ? Ritchie is imho a given to sit most of the time.

Last edited:

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
That seems doubtful. Sceviour is in his prime years and not an injury risk .

By the way who do you guy think sits when Janmark and Seguin are back ? It has to be one of Val , Eaves and Sceviour right ? Ritchie is imho a given to sit most of the time.

I think it will depend on match ups. I think Scevior sits for janmark. Janmark can take his place on the PK. I think Val and eaves will switch for sequin.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Well Moen will be switched out unless something wierd is going on so two of the three guys will play. Also it's very likely Seguin plays wing as long as he's not 100%.

Something like

Benn-Eakin-Sharp
Janmark-Spezza-Seguin
Roussel-Faksa-Hemsky
Scevs/Eaves-Fiddler-Scevs/Val

Scrached : One of Val , Eaves , Scevs + Ritchie , Moen

Goose-Klingberg
Russel-Demers
Oduya-Johns

Scratched : Jordie , Nemeth , Oleksiak

Lehtonen
Niemi

Thats the lineup i would imagine we see if everyone gets healthy. Outside of Moen and Oleksiak all players could see some action .

Last edited:

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Benn - Seguin - Sharp
Janmark - Spezza - Nichushkin
Roussel - Faksa - Hemsky
Eakin - Fiddler - Eaves
Sceviour, Ritchie, Moen

I really have no idea. We've essentially got 5 lines.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
I kinda get the feeling that Eakin will remain at 1C.

Benn - Eakin - Seguin
Janmark - Spezza - Sharp
Roussell - Faksa - Hemsky
Eaves - Fiddler - Nichushkin

That would be my guess anyways...you know, till 20 minutes into game one when it changes...(not that I have a problem with line juggling, it's been very successful)

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
All things being equal, I would prefer to resign Sceviour over Eaves. If the required salaries differ by more than 200k, go with the cheaper guy. If both command anymore than $1.1-ish million, my preference would be to move on and go with a cheaper option.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Nemeth missed practise today with an illness, hope Dallas doesn't have a bug going around the locker room this close to the playoffs, nice if everybody could stay healthy. Injury statuses are all at least semi encouraging otherwise.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Benn is taking a maintenance day, which is good, he was pretty invisible. Russell seems to be back from illness, and more on the good news front, Nichushkin is practising on the 4th line rather than the top 6 :)

Ritchie got assigned to AHL the other day; I think the Stars have 1 non-emergency call up remaining.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Is there any confirmation its just a maintenance day? He took some pretty hard hits last night, could be shaken up a bit.

I really, really hope not though.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Benn is taking a maintenance day, which is good, he was pretty invisible. Russell seems to be back from illness, and more on the good news front, Nichushkin is practising on the 4th line rather than the top 6 :)

Ritchie got assigned to AHL the other day; I think the Stars have 1 non-emergency call up remaining.

Are emergency re-calls still in effect? I thought once the playoffs started you could call up/re-assign however you wanted.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Are emergency re-calls still in effect? I thought once the playoffs started you could call up/re-assign however you wanted.

I was under the impression that unlimited recalls only came into effect once the AHL team's season was over, and since the baby Stars are still playing, we only had one left. I could be way out in left field though, guess I should look it up.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
I was under the impression that unlimited recalls only came into effect once the AHL team's season was over, and since the baby Stars are still playing, we only had one left. I could be way out in left field though, guess I should look it up.

Yeah I have no idea, thought it was just you could call them up, but why would you when they are in playoffs unless you actually need a player.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Following the conclusion of the Regular Season, no Player may be Recalled from Loan to a club of any league affiliated with the NHL, except that:
(i) a Club may exercise an unlimited number of additional regular Recalls, provided that it may have no more than three (3) Players on its Active Roster who were Recalled by way of regular Recall after the Trade Deadline. However, if a Club has Recalled four (4) Players pursuant to [emergency call up], such Club will instead be permitted to retain those four (4) Players on its Active Roster following the conclusion of the
Regular Season.
(ii) Players may be Recalled under [emergency call up]
(iii) Players may be Recalled upon completion of the regular season and playoff schedule of the club to which they were Loaned [AKA the AHL]

I interpreted that as only once the AHL season/playoffs were over, but my ability to understand legal jargon is very very low. So I'm still not confident in that.

But the whole "no more than 3 on the active roster thing", does that mean that since Ritchie is not currently on the active roster, that he wouldn't count as one of the call-ups (meaning its only so many call ups at once rather than a net number?). Honestly, I am more confused now than when I started, I'm not smart enough for this. I miss you BigG!

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Coach says don't worry! ;)

200.gif

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box

Stars coach Lindy Ruff had this to say about Seguin to our own Mike Heika earlier this week, when asked if the forward hurt his previously suffered Achilles tendon injury by competing in Game 2:

"Not his injury, but this is kind of related and might be kind of a fallout of all of the sudden playing at a high pace."

So, he pulled his calf muscle?

Squeeven

Sep 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Hey guys Sharks fan here coming in peace. Congrats on the 1st round win. Can't say I watched much of your series but it looks like the Wild made it closer than a lot of people thought it would be.

So on Facebook I'm in a Sens vs Leafs trash talking group and a lot of stupid non-sense is posted quite often but just more often there is a lot of good, intelligent hockey talk and debates that go on. I'm in that group since I'm a Leafs fan second by the way. So someone who's from Caledon, Ontario but lives in Toronto (don't know the guy personally at all to be honest) posted this about Seguin's injury: "So my good friend is taking cassidy seguin (Tyler seguins younger sister) to Prom. She told him that Tyler pulled something in his calf and is out for the remainder of the playoffs. He hasn't released that to the press yet but apparently he's done. Interesting to see if he comes back or if she was telling the truth. If this is true, thats a huge blow for Dallas". I know Seguin is from Brampton so from the sounds of things with Seguin's injury this could very well be true but obviously I'm taking it with a huge grain of salt but it would make sense that he doesn't want to release it to the press yet. There's obviously a chance that this isn't true seeing as how people on Facebook like to make up a lot of bull**** but I wouldn't really be surprised if its true. Either way that definitely sucks to see a young star (no pun intended lol) go down like this and miss the biggest time of the year if he in fact does not return. I didn't wanna come in here claiming that this random Facebook post is true and all that crap but I just thought I'd give you guys an update on what I heard. Good luck to you guys though!

LordHelmet

May 19, 2004
Twin Cities
"pulled something in his calf" is reasonable..

but a pulled muscle keeping an NHL player out of the playoffs? That, I highly doubt.. Heck, I can play a game with a pulled muscle. These guys are bruised, battered and beaten beyond any stretch of our imagination.

If he's out, then it's more serious than a pulled muscle. That's certainly a possibility.

If it's just a pulled muscle, he'll be back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad