2015-2016 Europa League Part II

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Sevilla have a better team, have played better this year, have faced better competition, have a better coach and are massive favorites for this match. Don't know how I didn't see it before.
Can't see much indeed.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Just an exciting time overall. For me personally Origi's injury against Everton was discouraging, so I'm glad they were still able to get through.

I think the consensus is that Sevilla are favorites (whether you say clear, slight, whatever), but winning and playing CL football next year would just be so huge. I think we're all excited about what Klopp means for potential transfers, but I also think we all know being able to offer CL is another massive piece of the transfer puzzle. Having it next year instead of (what we hope would be) another 1-3 years would be great.

But, have to win before any of that matters.

Ar-too

Zealous Scrub
Jan 8, 2004
Columbus, OH
When evaluating each team's form and who's the favorite, I think this season's results in this competition are not being factored in enough. Liverpool have beaten the fifth/sixth best team in England, the second best team in the Bundesliga, and the fourth best team in La Liga now. What has Sevilla done? Basel, Bilbao, and Shaktar? Held 0-0 by Basel? Going to penalties with Bilbao (a good side to be fair). And leaking 3 goals over the two legs to Shaktar.

I understand why people think Sevilla should be favorites, but I don't think they really are. Liverpool's competition to this point have them ready for this final. Sevilla will have to be ready to face a better team than they've faced in this competition so far.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
When evaluating each team's form and who's the favorite, I think this season's results in this competition are not being factored in enough. Liverpool have beaten the fifth/sixth best team in England, the second best team in the Bundesliga, and the fourth best team in La Liga now. What has Sevilla done? Basel, Bilbao, and Shaktar? Held 0-0 by Basel? Going to penalties with Bilbao (a good side to be fair). And leaking 3 goals over the two legs to Shaktar.

I understand why people think Sevilla should be favorites, but I don't think they really are. Liverpool's competition to this point have them ready for this final. Sevilla will have to be ready to face a better team than they've faced in this competition so far.

How ignorant and disrespectful to non-EPL teams you are.

You probably predicted Dortmund and Villareal to beat Liverpool, too.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site

Liverpool are better than their record... because you know... Mignolet can happen!

So if we consider the Mignolet factor Seville are heavily favourites.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Curtinho why can't you stop making silly comments? There's nothing worse than a team's fan who don't want to see black from white...

Liverpool will have the home crowd advantage a great coach and serious momentum, Sevilla have winning experience a very good coach and overall I don't see a big difference in both teams squad on paper. Everyone here has said it's gonna be close why do you constantly put to shame Liverpool fans?

Last edited:

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
For those that really know the offside rule on the 3rd Liverpool goal yesterday we "could" have seen one of those plays we see very rarely. If the Villarreal keeper had just 1 sec. more to react he could actually have taken a couple steps forward and put Lallana offside that would have been funny and a big gamble because the assistant might have missed it and it was such a big game, but would have been fantastic!

I've watched the game again last night and I must say the referee was disappointing but he didn't have any real big mistake and his assistant got the tough Onside 2nd Liverpool goal exactly right.

And as I've said yesterday after he let go the Milner shout-foul for penalty he couldn't call the Suarez one 5min. later at the other end. And watching it again it would have been a terribly soft penalty, the guy who pushed Milner before was more 50/50 to best honest.

I must say I've never seen away fans that bad for a big European game, the Villarreal contingent yesterday was terrible. Basel must be glad it's Liverpool in the final.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Curtinho why can't you stop making silly comments? There's nothing worse than a team's fan who can see black from white...

Liverpool will have the home crowd advantage a great coach and serious momentum, Sevilla have winning experience a very good coach and overall I don't see a big difference in both teams squad on paper. Everyone here has said it's gonna be close why do you constantly put to shame Liverpool fans?

I'm sure even the English bookmakers will have it very close...

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=117942303&postcount=490

Who says it's not going to be close?

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Looking forward to this final more than the CL final. This thread should be entertaining as well. :popcorn:

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
36 000 it seems actually, will be rocking for sure and I also look forward to this game more than the CL final.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
So how many Liverpool fans in the 37 500 capacity stadium?

Allocation is only 9k tickets for both sets of fans. 50% in total for both sets of fans. That's absolute ********. Only like 10% should go to public sale.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Who will be in majority in the stadiums?

White collar officials and crooked football federation respresentatives.
As with every european final.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
Yeah that's the sad truth these days. But I think in this case lots of Liverpool fans will somehow get tickets and make it maybe 20K for them...

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Put this on the La Liga thread too, but Sevilla have the Europa final on Wednesday the 18th and Copa del Rey on the 21st.

That could get interesting.

Prntscrn

Sep 29, 2011
Sweden
It's getting close.. If you're a Liverpool fan here is a good one to hype you up! A win and a Champions League spot next year would mean so much.

Jeffrey

Feb 2, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I wanted to take an afternoon off but it's our executive yearly meeting and I cannot escape. I'm so mad but hopefully the good results will happen and I could enjoy it later at night.
Anyway I hate weekly game I wish they made the final game on the weekend like they do with the champion league final.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It's getting close.. If you're a Liverpool fan here is a good one to hype you up! A win and a Champions League spot next year would mean so much.

Yea, both in terms of stature and in terms of budget.

Since neither team is qualified for the CL via domestic performance, winning and losing is a difference of at least 40-50m

That makes it probably the 2nd most profitable/impactful game in the soccer world behind only the Championship promotion final which, with the new TV deal, has something like 175M euro on the line.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
To be honest, I don't care much about the CL part. All I care about is seeing my team lift an important trophy again. Been too long.

The CL group is something I'll forget in 10-15 years, but memories from winning something like this in the manner Liverpool would have had to win it will last a lifetime.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I've rooted against Liverpool throughout their run(to varying degrees) but conflicted in the finals. Sevilla have won twice, plus Liverpool would benefit more from the win. This is hard.:laugh:

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The thing giving me the most hope right now is that I distinctly remember the last two finals they were in and the way they played those games, they could have lost them both against more composed teams.

In 2014 Benfica had a load of chances, should have been playing against 10 too. Shot too many good opportunities straight at the keeper.

Last year, Sevilla played a really open game the likes of which they wouldn't get away with today.

The obvious concern is that Liverpool has a lot of players who have never played in this big a moment, and are relying on a bottler in goal. In an open game that could make all the difference. Moreno said that he wasn't going to celebrate a goal or a win so I'm worried about his state of mind in this situation. These are the things people think of when they're nervous. ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad