2015-16 Training Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Hrivik is like Freddie Sjostrom (not talking about in style). A lot happens when he's on the ice, but nothing ever comes of it.

amomg the remaining F's Hrivik played better IMHO than Adam, Etem , Glass and I'd prefer him to Lindblad.
I think he will be claimed when waived, while Gibbons, Megna, Adam, Lindblad, Tarnasky, maybe even Bourque are ignored

In 3d I wish they'd gave him some shifts with Zucc and Brass

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville
Yeah sort of like saying with no one to hold Rinaldo "accountable" people would complain about not having a goon on the team. That seems likely.

Who would complain? Two people? Wow that's practically everyone. Tanner Glass can't win!

Edit: That's also without considering you conveniently left out the fact McIlrath is still around and is the new "policeman."

Last edited by a moderator:

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If we have nobody to "respond" to Rinaldo, but the opponent is making themselves significantly worse by playing Rinaldo, and we play 12 NHL forwards, I think we come out on top there.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Again, tell that to the guy who was sent into the boards face first.

I'm sure everyone on this team is willing to go into the boards to win.

Also, I love I Glass prevented that incident from happening. Well done, Tanner.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..

Only if they feel like their team will be there to pick them up and defend them when that happens.

But if we're just going to go around in circles about "preventing" things, then there's no point.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Rangers are keeping 13 forwards. One spot for Glass or Etem.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate

That's the thing. Tanner Glass was in the lineup, in that game. And it happened anyway.

There is no such thing as deterrence. It's whether playing a guy who might scratch the itch for revenge (not deterrence) is worth skating an inferior lineup.

Yeah, let's lose a few more games so we can maybe pummel some faces, and maybe have our own faces pummeled, when one of our guys takes an awkward hit.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
So, punching the guy in the face makes the cheapshot all better? It restores the mental chemistry of the team?

So you're telling me that if you got punched in the face, you'd feel just as good when your friend standing next to you did nothing as you would if he punched the guy back?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
So you're telling me that if you got punched in the face, you'd feel just as good when your friend standing next to you did nothing as you would if he punched the guy back?

Any one of my friends would punch the guy back, in this case I prefer the friend who is an NHL-caliber hockey player.

Anyone can do what Glass does.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Any one of my friends would punch the guy back, in this case I prefer the friend who is an NHL-caliber hockey player.

Anyone can do what Glass does.

Except the reality is not every one of your NHL caliber friends would do that. It's a nice fiction to believe, but certainly far from the truth.

Anyone can do what he does, until that anyone winds up in the box for 5 minutes, or worse, ends up with an injury.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Well, it was bad by Glass to get involved because it resulted in a powerplay for Boston. That's not the type of players we need. Stupidity loses you games.

It was a bad call by the refs not to send Rinaldo to the box as well. Again, nowhere have I said Glass deserves a spot in the lineup, but this team is in a better spot if they have a guy who is willing to do the dirty work so a skilled player doesn't have to.

Ail

Based and Rangerspilled.
Nov 13, 2009
Boomerville

Friend or co-worker?

How about the other 98% of the time you are at work and your "friend" can't competently do his job and you're suffering because of it? Great to know that he's got your back in the event of a fight or something. :help:

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Not having Glass in the line up or someone that can replace what he does would only lead to all the star players to having targets on their back.

Every team in the league would target anyone they wanted without any fear of repercussion every single game.

While staged fighting is dying out, players need to police themselves, add an intimidation factor and keep the opposing team honest.

It's always been apart of the game of hockey and always will be. Me personally, I enjoy it. As does every screaming fan in every arena.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Eh, didn't stop that dingus Bogosian from dirting Nash, en route to a Hart nomination.

You can't prevent every hit in a game and sometimes people get injured but without an enforcer that would become the first part of every opposing teams game plan.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Missed all training camp so far cuz I was out backpacking, anything of note? Sounds like Skjei has looked good but is a longshot to make the team. Lindberg looking good...?

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Not having Glass in the line up or someone that can replace what he does would only lead to all the star players to having targets on their back.

Every team in the league would target anyone they wanted without any fear of repercussion every single game.

While staged fighting is dying out, players need to police themselves, add an intimidation factor and keep the opposing team honest.

It's always been apart of the game of hockey and always will be. Me personally, I enjoy it. As does every screaming fan in every arena.

Yeah, but after the game Rinaldo said Glass told him to cut it out and that wouldn't stop him because this is what he does. He literally said that Glass being out there did absolutely ZERO to deter him and it would continue to do ZERO. So that's right from the horse's mouth. Guys who play that way will play that way no matter what. So why bother dressing a ****** player like Glass if his one purpose means nothing anymore?

I don't have any issues with fighting. A spur of the moment fight after a dirty hit or defending the goalie, have at it.

Why should we dress one of the worst players in the entire league simply because he can drop the gloves?

Klein has showed he's willing, if McIlrath is on the team so is he. These are guys who can actually play the game but can fight if need be. There is no longer a reason to have an inferior hockey player dressed simply because he can fight.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Missed all training camp so far cuz I was out backpacking, anything of note? Sounds like Skjei has looked good but is a longshot to make the team. Lindberg looking good...?

Skjei is doing good but could benefit from some time in Hartford.

Linberg is having a great camp. I think the coaching staff is just trying to figure out where they want him to play. Center or wing.

I can't see him not making the opening night roster.

NYR

Mar 1, 2002
LI
Yeah, but after the game Rinaldo said Glass told him to cut it out and that wouldn't stop him because this is what he does. He literally said that Glass being out there did absolutely ZERO to deter him and it would continue to do ZERO. So that's right from the horse's mouth. Guys who play that way will play that way no matter what. So why bother dressing a ****** player like Glass if his one purpose means nothing anymore?

I don't have any issues with fighting. A spur of the moment fight after a dirty hit or defending the goalie, have at it.

Why should we dress one of the worst players in the entire league simply because he can drop the gloves?

Klein has showed he's willing, if McIlrath is on the team so is he. These are guys who can actually play the game but can fight if need be. There is no longer a reason to have an inferior hockey player dressed simply because he can fight.

Rinaldo didn't do it anymore after he got his ass kicked and now he'll think twice before doing it again next game..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad