2015-16 Training Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
On the Rinaldo thing--you just can't let a guy take runs at players/rookies without answering especially in a more than less meaningless preseason games. Rinaldo has had numerous dangerous hits throughout his career. Glass did his job.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I find it funny how everyone is for Etem being sent down and Jarret Stoll being a fixture in the lineup after two games.

Is what it is, people are mad we traded Hags for him, maybe they should be mad Hags is greedy and wanted money we don't have. The same posters will be the ones jumping in the GDTS bashing him everytime he gives the puck away during the season.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Hrivik is like Freddie Sjostrom (not talking about in style). A lot happens when he's on the ice, but nothing ever comes of it.

you could also be describing viktor stalberg and emerson etem.

i think hrivik is one of those guys who could be a late bloomer. if he has a solid ahl season, he may get a look like lindberg has. we are stronger at wing though. theres less room there.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I find it funny how everyone is for Etem being sent down and Jarret Stoll being a fixture in the lineup after two games.

Remember last preseason when Glass apparently wasn't trash? People "determine" a lot based on a little.

Etem's not being sent down.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse

EE wont be waived.

he will be a healthy scratch frequently if he doesnt play better.

as ive said, stalberg (who sucks !) and lindberg (who doesnt) have both been better.

add to that the love affair this organization has with jarett stoll, and, right now, it isn't going well for EE.

quickie will start. same with miller. only glass is on thinner ice right now.

things can change though.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
12:26PM:*The Rangers PP units today are (Zipay):

Chris Kreider, Rick Nash, Derek Stepan, Derick Brassard, Keith Yandle
Mats Zuccarello, Kevin Hayes, JT Miller, Ryan McDonagh, Dan Boyle

12:18PM:*At the Rangers practice today the team is using the following lines (Gross):

Chris Kreider, Derek Stepan, JT Miller
Rick Nash, Derick Brassard, Mats Zuccarello
Dominic Moore, Jarret Stoll, Viktor Stalberg
Ryan Bourque, Luke Adam, Brian Gibbons
Oscar Lindberg, Kevin Hayes, Jesper Fast
Tanner Glass, Jayson Megna, Emerson Etem

Reading between the lines looks like glass and etem will be sent down.

I like those lines. The bolded should be the starting lineup on opening night. Etem should be the 13th, and McIlrath and Diaz should be the 7th and 8th D's if AV really wants to carry 8 D's. One extra with jam and one extra that's a good puck mover. Sounds good to me.

Glass sent to Siberia.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
I'm cool with Stoll on the 4th line but definitely not at the expense of Moore not playing center

Hoping they just wanna see how they work together if Stoll has to play center

I still miss Brian Boyle :/

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Yeah, no shot EE is waived. No way they risk losing a key piece of Hagelin deal. Based on the two games I've seen him play though, I can certainly see him being healthy scratched a lot. Hopefully he starts to show more but I've been more impressed with Lindberg, Stoll, and Stalberg out of the new guys. I'm not even a Stoll fan but he showed a lot more jump than the game v. Philly.

Kaapo Cabana

Next name: Admiral Kakkbar
Sep 5, 2014
Philadelphia
12:26PM:*The Rangers PP units today are (Zipay):

Chris Kreider, Rick Nash, Derek Stepan, Derick Brassard, Keith Yandle
Mats Zuccarello, Kevin Hayes, JT Miller, Ryan McDonagh, Dan Boyle

12:18PM:*At the Rangers practice today the team is using the following lines (Gross):

Chris Kreider, Derek Stepan, JT Miller
Rick Nash, Derick Brassard, Mats Zuccarello
Dominic Moore, Jarret Stoll, Viktor Stalberg
Ryan Bourque, Luke Adam, Brian Gibbons
Oscar Lindberg, Kevin Hayes, Jesper Fast
Tanner Glass, Jayson Megna, Emerson Etem

Reading between the lines looks like glass and etem will be sent down.

Nash-Brass-Zucc
Kreider-Step-Miller
Lindberg-Hayes-Fast
Moore-Stoll-Stalberg

Etem Spelling Moore and Stoll on the 4th line, and as a capable injury call-up, or trade chip to throw in with Klein to up the value of a potential deal.

I could get behind that as an opening lineup. If Miller doesnt work out on the top line, then we can shop for a top 6 winger later on, or test Buchnevich when he comes over.

The point is, this lineup gives us the most options going forward, while still being very competitive.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
etem's cap hit is low...he might be in the press box but he'll be in ny

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYRangers: AV confirms that both Marc Staal and Dan Girardi will make pre-season debuts tomorrow, and that there will be more cuts after game vs Devils”

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@NYRangers: AV also states that both Kevin Hayes and Dom Moore will play on the wing tomorrow when #NYR play New Jersey”

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
moore on the wing isn't a surprise...him and stoll will be on the 4th line ala moore & boyle from a few years ago. 1 of them needs to shift to wing

very interested to see who hayes plays with...

also guessing that we see lindberg as the #3 center to see how he handles that

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
He may want to find him some decent linemates then.

Therein lies the Catch 22. You want to keep him at center? He won't have very good linemates. Shift him to wing? He likely will. But nobody wants to move him from center. So whats the best path forward?

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
What's the AHL vet rule? I could see them keeping him if they don't wanna roll with a pretty yound d core

Skjei-Zamorsky
Bodie-Andersson
Graves/Summers-Hughes/Bellemore

I honestly don't even know what to expect from Gernander/Beuk :laugh:

Andersson is NOT going to be ahead of Hughes in Hartford. Hughes is an established top-4 AHLer playing a similar role in Hartford to what Sauer did for the Rangers. If one of them goes down to the Swamp, it will be Andersson.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Hrivik down this early surprises me a tad.

As I posted in the PGT, Hrivik has not shown enough improvement since last year. He was decent in the AHL, taking minor steps forward, particularly after he was moved to center, but nothing special. Thiss his year - if he doesn't take a good step forward, Hrivik will be another Newbury: a very good AHLer who will get no more than a few cups of coffee in the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad