S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
ROOKIE & TRAINING CAMP
Rookie Camp: Accomplished
Medicals & Physicals: Accomplished
Main Training Camp: Accomplished

**Note: Main Training Camp could be very different this year than in previous seasons with Coach Patrick Roy mentioning about more practice to help the players with the system and chemistry than game like situations (scrimmages).**

B/W Game: Location

BURGUNDY vs WHITE GAME
http://avalanche.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=776071

CAMP ROSTER
#01 Seymon Varlamov, G
#02 Nick Holden, D
#03 Chris Bigras, D
#04 Tyson Barrie, D
#05 Nate Guenin, D
#06 Erik Johnson, D
#07 John "Malkin" Mitchell, C/W
#08 Jack Skille, C [Professional Try-Out]
#09 Matt Duchene, C
#10 Ben Street, C
#11 Troy Boyrke, LW
#12 Jarome Iginla, RW
#13 Freddie Hamilton, C
#14 Blake Comeau, LW
#15 Duncan Siemens, D
#16 Nikita Zadorov, D
#17 Brad Stuart, D
#18 Jesse Winchester, C
#20 Reto Berra, G
#22 Zach Redmond, D
#24 Marc-Andre Cliche, C
#25 Mikhail Grigorenko, C/W
#26 Maxim Noreau, D
#27 Andreas Martinsen, LW
#28 Andrew Agozzino, lW
#29 Nathan MacKinnon, C/W
#30 Spencer Martin, G
#31 Calvin Pickard, G
#32 Francois Beauchemin, D
#34 Carl Soderberg, C
#35 Roman Will, G
#36 Garrett Meurs, C
#37 Colin Smith, C
#38 Joey Hishon, C
#39 Trevor Cheek, LW
#40 Alex Tanguay, LW
#41 Andrej Meszaros, D [Professional Try-Out]
#42 Samuel Henley, C
#43 Mat Clark, D
#44 Mason Geertsen, D
#45 Dennis Everberg, RW
#46 Brandon Gormley, D
#47 Gabriel Beaupre, D
#48 Reid Petryk, C [AHL Contract]
#49 Conner Bleackley, C
#51 Cody Corbett, D
#53 Michael Schumacher, LW [AHL Contract]
#54 Hubert Labrie, D [AHL Contract]
#55 Cody McLeod, LW
#56 Daniel Maggio [AHL Contract]
#58 Patrick Bordeleau, LW
#59 Nicolas Meloche, D
#60 Maximilian Pajpach, G
#61 Julien Nantel, C/W
#63 J.C. Beaudin, C
#65 Sergei Boikov, D
#67 Nick Magyar, RW
#70 Alexis Pepin, RW
#71 Borna Rendulic, RW
#73 Gustav Olhaver, C
#75 Justin Hamonic, D [AHL Contract]
#78 Raphael Maheux, D [Amateur Try-Out]
#92 Gabriel Landeskog, LW
#96 Mikko Rantanen, RW

CUT
#76 Jan Mandat, C -> Unknown

PRESEASON
Tuesday - Sep 22nd [7:00pm MT] Anaheim Ducks @ Colorado Avalanche
Thursday - Sep 24th [7:00pm MT] Calgary Flames @ Colorado Avalanche
Sunday - Sep 27th [6:00pm MT] Los Angeles Kings @ Colorado Avalanche
Tuesday - Sep 29th [7:00pm MT] Colorado Avalanche @ Calgary Flames
Thursday - Oct 1st [8:00pm MT] Colorado Avalanche @ Anaheim Ducks [NHL Network]
Saturday - Oct 3rd [8:00pm MT] Colorado Avalanche @ Los Angeles Kings (IN Las Vegas, NV) [Altitude TV]
**No word yet if any of the other games will be on television or online stream**

Last edited:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Two weeks!

its-happening-gif.png

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I plan to be at every day of camp, as well as the first three preseason games. The only questionable one is the first Sunday of rookie camp, as I hadn't expected that and have plans that afternoon, but should still be there.

This is probably my favorite time of the year. For a lot of folks that don't get a chance to see the junior guys play much during the year, it's a real shot to see them up close, and you get to see the year to year improvement from some of them.

For anyone going to rookie camp, don't forget that the NHL guys usually have an informal skate afterwards where they play some shinny hockey. I think the golf tournament is on the 15th, so they won't that day.

Ambisextrous

Apr 17, 2012
Halifax
Really feel like Zadorov will be boasted about by coaches, and especially Roy.

Looking forward to seeing how Bigras and Siemens do in camp. I expect both stay in the AHL, but hopefully they impress

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Voted Martinsen because I think he will make it very difficult to send him down. They will obviously because of contracts but I think he will impress them a lot.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
French, has won a Stanley Cup, and plays big. Francois Beauchemin will hear a lot of praise from Roy.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Really looking forward to the team rosters coming out to see how they pair up the defensemen for camp. Especially with Roy emphasizing early chemistry to start the year.

If I remember correctly, EJ usually gets paired with a prospect (Bigras, Siemens). I wonder if they follow suit or plant him with Beauch to start working on that chemistry right away. Also hoping Zadorov and Barrie get paired together right away, as they are the pairing that will rely on chemistry the most IMO.

Of course if you go that direction who do you pair Bigras/Siemens/Geertsen with. Holden/Stuart/Redmond? That's not doing the kids any favors.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Michael schumacher ‏@Mschumacher93 11m11 minutes ago
On the long flight to Denver, @bornarendulic and I are really excited to get this years camp goin with @Avalanche

Add Schumacher to the camp roster. :yo:

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
I voted Zads. I just think that his skills will be such that the coaches end up with a more positive outlook on our D as a whole. Beauch is part of that, but I think they expect it from him. From Zads, it will be a pleasant, albeit mild, surprise.

But I see scenarios where any one of the guys on that list could be the standout (based on expectations at least). Rantanen could prove his is ready to be on Duchene's wing. Soda could cement his place as #2 center. Grigs could take #2 center away from Soda. Comeau could push for a full time top 6 spot. Or Martinsen could secure a starting lineup slot. None of these seem far fetched to me. But in the end, one of the big defenders will most likely make the biggest impact on the coaches.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
What's that supposed to mean? Trying to be funny?
It's a placeholder.
Michael schumacher ‏@Mschumacher93 11m11 minutes ago
On the long flight to Denver, @bornarendulic and I are really excited to get this years camp goin with @Avalanche

Add Schumacher to the camp roster. :yo:
Very surprised by Schumacher, he was been very patient with the Avs organization. He could be making twice or three times more money in Europe, but is riding the buses in Godawful places like Cleveland, Iowa, Rockford, and any other place I am forgetting to mention. Luckily for him that San Antonio is a pretty awesome city, especially in the winter.

There are still two weeks away, I wonder if both of them are going to go to Aspen/Vail/Boulder (forgot which one) for Crosby's annual camp in high elevation with SOB's brother? Both shouldn't report to rookie camp, should they?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I'm not sure what the Rookie Camp rules are as far as who will go and who won't. Last year, Siemens, Heard, Schumacher, Smith, and Cheek all were in the rookie camp, and they were in the AHL the year before. Maybe if you've played more than one AHL season, you are ineligible to go.

m0ngr31

I'm excited. We have so many new players to watch this season. It's going to be a blast no matter what. I hope we can start putting together some consistency though.

I have really high hopes for Soderberg. I expect Beauchemin will be solid this year still. Not really excited about Comeau, but whatever. Hopefully he doesn't have to play above his role.

Wildcards for me are Zads, Grigs, and Rantanen.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm higher on Zads long term potential than many, but I'm also more cautious about how ready he is.

Roy choosing to bring Greg in has really given me a lot of confidence in him. I was a big fan, but had started to write Greg off and did not expect Roy to want him back. That he did gives me a lot of confidence in Greg and I can see him making an impact early, especially if he and Tangs get partnered and they gel like they should. So he gets my vote here unless Yeti just has surreal chemistry with Landy-MacK

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Realistically what should we expect from Comeau? It really looks like he's played pretty much both wings on all four lines recently. Can he play on the PK? If he can, I'm thinking he looks pretty much like some of the grinders we had in the past (Mike Keane, Shjon Podein, Danny Hinote) but maybe with slightly more offensive upside? I really like those types of players but haven't watched Blake at all so I'm a little clueless.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
He can PK, but I don't think he has had that role lately.... beyond that a slightly more physical and better defensively McGinn. Same streaky scoring streak and good shot.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
Yeah I wouldn't surprised at all to see Comeau tried on Duchene's wing during pre-season in order to give Grigorenko a reliable vet like Tanguay to play with.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Woah....I wasn't really expecting folks to think he should be on the top line but I guess it makes sense since (that sounds redundant in my head) Roy has been saying Landeskog-Soderberg-MacKinnon would be a line...it would mean he's gotta be on the 1st or 3rd.

Thanks for the feed back y'all.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I've said it in other threads but I expect camp to open up with pairings of Duchene/Iggy, Landy/Soderberg, and Tanguay/Grigorenko. MacKinnon will likely be with Soderberg and Landy but I won't be surprised to see him moved around a bit in camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad