GDT: 2015-16 Training Camp and Preseason Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
He doesn't have a bomb but it's pretty quick. There are a lot of subtleties in his game, will be fun once everyone sees good tape on him what y'all notice because there's a lot to Rantanen's game.

DarioinDenver

Jun 19, 2002
Denver, CO
Visit site
How is his shot?

Quick release and intentional placement. This goal https://youtu.be/VZdh1bRj6UE?t=1m36s is similar to his one time goal last night. lean goal near post and quick release through the six hole. He can snipe but he doesn't always go bar down which I like. It's not as sexy to go six/seven hole but it leads to more rebounds and secondary scoring chances in my opinion. As an example, Sakic did go bar down when needed but a lot of this goals were west/east on the post rather than always trying to snipe top shelf. Something Duchene has yet to learn.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
About Rantanen, when was the last time Avs had a top six forward with great reach?

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Has there been any news of what the roster will look like for the Calgary game tomorrow? Interested to see what some of the possible line combos are and if Bleackley and Rantanen could get more playing time than 10 minutes.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
Has there been any news of what the roster will look like for the Calgary game tomorrow? Interested to see what some of the possible line combos are and if Bleackley and Rantanen could get more playing time than 10 minutes.

I'm guessing we see the 12 forwards who didn't play last night, assuming they are healthy. Sounds like Berra will start. Lots f Dmen could play though. We still have 10 guys who didn't play last night, though some are hurt I believe.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
If Bleackley is still around, I bet he plays again tomorrow just based off his performance on Tuesday.

That's my hope. I'd be interested to see either him or Rantanen tried with Dutchy since Iggy will likely not go. Comeau should be tried on one of his wings as well since that may be where he ends up. I'm not sure what their plan has been with Comeau's linemates.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
Over/Under roster players from last season being hurt prior to season opener; I'm gonna say 4, which sucks

Like who? Only Iggy (who I think will be back in preseason) and maybe Everberg are possibly missing and the verdict was out on Evs making the team anyway, though I would put him on there. I'm guessing it will be less than 2 and Bordy/Winchester do not count.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
EJ and Beauchemin are confirmed playing tomorrow per 30 thoughts. I'm pretty sure Lebrun is in Colorado so he'll probably have an article later today or tomorrow.

Former Ladder

Thanks Noob Noob
Dec 31, 2013
United States
For those who went to the game last night, was there anything evident to say that Bleackley is not quite there yet or would he be fine if he were to step in to the NHL now (I am not advocating this and I think he will have a lot of good experiences this year in juniors, just trying to see where he is in development)

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
For those who went to the game last night, was there anything evident to say that Bleackley is not quite there yet or would he be fine if he were to step in to the NHL now (I am not advocating this and I think he will have a lot of good experiences this year in juniors, just trying to see where he is in development)

He's getting sent back no matter what, but it's nice to see him get some ice time love from Roy. Hopefully he's get some contract love from Sakic soon.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Shouldn't the whole Rantanen thing be a bigger story? This kid might seriously make the team, he might be one of the few if only from the draft class to do it (besides the obvious). I follow a lot of prospects media and they don't even care one bit and they like him. You know how Pronman is over Europeans, Nylander scoring in an exhibition game he'd need to go take a break somewhere. If you guys want an example of Avs bias it's this. Should be a bigger story locally but you know considering the source and he's just getting overshadowed by Zadorov (understandable) but Skille is a bigger story than Rantanen. Just a bit odd to me.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com

Id answer but I'd love to hear a few folks speak about his game in detail.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Shouldn't the whole Rantanen thing be a bigger story? This kid might seriously make the team, he might be one of the few if only from the draft class to do it (besides the obvious). I follow a lot of prospects media and they don't even care one bit and they like him. You know how Pronman is over Europeans, Nylander scoring in an exhibition game he'd need to go take a break somewhere. If you guys want an example of Avs bias it's this. Should be a bigger story locally but you know considering the source and he's just getting overshadowed by Zadorov (understandable) but Skille is a bigger story than Rantanen. Just a bit odd to me.

Isn't that more the lack of competent local coverage than anti-Avs sentiment? If we had good local guys pumping this kid up then the national guys would take notice. But since we don't, and we're a western team that isn't from Chicago or LA, and there's the easier EJ story out there, none of them will. I also have to wonder if all the young players we've had make the jump early hasn't created a perception around the league that we rush forwards onto the team; like the opposite of detroit; so that when a young guy cracks our lineup it's not as big of a deal; again like when a young forward doesn't crack Detroit's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad