GDT: 2015-16 Training Camp and Preseason Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Rantanen is a big guy, isn't he?

280pjsz.jpg

That's Skille behind him. Skille is listed as 6'1. Probably isn't that tall, but still.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I don't agree, to me he didn't look like much of an improvement over Cliche, they both have stone hands, and i would call up Rendulic and Hishon before him.

I don't recall him having stone hands. You sure you are not thinking of Caron? The puck would bounce of his stick like crazy pretty much any time he touched it.

Rendulic isn't a center. And I'm just not impressed (maybe that's the wrong word) with Hishon. I'm definitely in the boat that thinks he isn't good enough to be a top 6 player nor suited for a bottom 6 role.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
I don't recall him having stone hands. You sure you are not thinking of Caron? The puck would bounce of his stick like crazy pretty much any time he touched it.

Rendulic isn't a center. And I'm just not impressed (maybe that's the wrong word) with Hishon. I'm definitely in the boat that thinks he isn't good enough to be a top 6 player nor suited for a bottom 6 role.

No, i wasn't thinking of Caron.

I just didn't see anything of Hamilton that made him look better than Cliche (or worse).

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
If Sakic can pull off another Elliott for Gormley trade I will be the first to pack Hish's bags, as much as I like him.

Honestly thats the only thing everyone can hope for at this point. He continues to play well, take that good fortune back to the A and have an Elliot type of season where he catches some GMs eye and over the summer make a deal

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Berra is playing the entire game tomorrow. Iginla has a hip injury. If he doesn't play, Roy needs to put Duchene and Rantanen together and see what happens.

EDIT: Nevermind, Rantanen not playing Thursday.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Vet move by Iggy to get out of playing in a preseason game. Respect.

No Everberg update?

DarioinDenver

Jun 19, 2002
Denver, CO
Visit site
How did Rantanen look yesterday?

...like he belonged. When the puck was on his blade he slowed the game down while still being fast himself. He's simply got "it". When the game was getting a little sloppy and it was just bouncing around a lot, Rantanen made the game his game. I know that's waxing poetic and putting a large amount of imaginary awesomeness on his very young shoulders. However, I think he's going to be a special player. A much different kind of special player than Mack, Duchene or even Landeskog. I'm not saying he's better, he's just a different change of pace/style w/ the same level of high end skill. A great mix for the cast at hand.

He made great changes last night. He's strong on the forecheck and good defensively. These are all things that earn a coaches trust for ice time.

If you can't tell i'm pretty excited about the Mikko Rantanen era.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
...like he belonged. When the puck was on his blade he slowed the game down while still being fast himself. He's simply got "it". When the game was getting a little sloppy and it was just bouncing around a lot, Rantanen made the game his game. I know that's waxing poetic and putting a large amount of imaginary awesomeness on his very young shoulders. However, I think he's going to be a special player. A much different kind of special player than Mack, Duchene or even Landeskog. I'm not saying he's better, he's just a different change of pace/style w/ the same level of high end skill. A great mix for the cast at hand.

He made great changes last night. He's strong on the forecheck and good defensively. These are all things that earn a coaches trust for ice time.

If you can't tell i'm pretty excited about the Mikko Rantanen era.

Sounds a little bit like a Kopitar winger type of player.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I don't see how Rantanen isn't an NHL player. Unless he just totally bombs the rest of the preseason games. I don't care about his contract or seasoning or some such, the guy can play NHL hockey just play the guy.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I said he plays like a mix of Landy and O'Reilly. His stick work is very O'Reilly-esque, and he's not a very phsyical player, despite his size, but along the boards, he has a lot of Landy in him. And I'd have to agree. I have a hard time not seeing him starting the year in Colorado.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It didn't sound serious for Iginla but we'll see when the tape comes out. Will be fun to see Duchene's wingers tomorrow though :laugh: at this point give him Rendulic, see if they make anything happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad