GDT: 2015-16 Training Camp and Preseason Thread: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I hope Bleackley gets another game as well. It seems he's earned it. Plus, I'd like him to have as much time as possible against NHLers. Have him learn as much as he can right now. Maybe he can come into camp next year and earn a spot.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Isn't that more the lack of competent local coverage than anti-Avs sentiment? If we had good local guys pumping this kid up then the national guys would take notice. But since we don't, and we're a western team that isn't from Chicago or LA, and there's the easier EJ story out there, none of them will. I also have to wonder if all the young players we've had make the jump early hasn't created a perception around the league that we rush forwards onto the team; like the opposite of detroit; so that when a young guy cracks our lineup it's not as big of a deal; again like when a young forward doesn't crack Detroit's?

From a prospects media perspective though, that's their crack is seeing how the new class does. Or here at the very least shouldn't Rantanen be a bigger story than Skille at least? Just my pondering anyway, its not a big deal. Obviously if he makes it then he makes it. We had the kids that we knew were going to be here from day 1, there's some genuine curiosity on Rantanen I would think anyway.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
From a prospects media perspective though, that's their crack is seeing how the new class does. Or here at the very least shouldn't Rantanen be a bigger story than Skille at least? Just my pondering anyway, its not a big deal. Obviously if he makes it then he makes it. We had the kids that we knew were going to be here from day 1, there's some genuine curiosity on Rantanen I would think anyway.

As it pertains to this board, I'm not sure that many people are surprised by Rantanen. Skille is kind of the most surprising so far to some people. Grigo could have a case as well. Winchester's absence is the most curious thing to me though (hopefully he plays tomorrow). And the injuries are starting to creep in. That's always a big one for me. Still kind of early though.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I can't believe it took this long for someone to ask Roy about MacKinnon's position. Very happy to see Roy has not shut the door on him at center and may give him preseason time there.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I can't believe it took this long for someone to ask Roy about MacKinnon's position. Very happy to see Roy has not shut the door on him at center and may give him preseason time there.

I personally never believed Roy had made MacKinnon a full time winger for the rest of his career. Good to get confirmation though and have that fan issue out of the way for now. I will admit though if I'm Duchene I'm wondering why are these two players on my wing.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
someone wanna fill me in on Skille? Is he an agitator/fighter/pk guy or just an average fourth liner.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Rebels GM/head coach Brent Sutter was unsure of the status of forward Michael Spacek and defenceman Nelson Nogier, both attending the Winnipegs Jets camp. Meanwhile, centre Conner Bleackley (Colorado) and rearguard Haydn Fleury (Carolina) will almost certainly appear in NHL preseason games and aren’t expected back in time for the Rebels’ regular-season opener Saturday against the visiting Edmonton Oil Kings.

This is interesting...Red Deer media is usually pretty good.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
That's pretty cool news. Hope Bleacks gets a nice long look before going back. Would be nice to see him rewarded for the work he's put in, given a lot of confidence and preseason time.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
How is it that the only team that stays healthy pretty much all season are the Hawks?

Seems like they never get an injury to any of their key players. That's probably a big reason why they've been able to win 3 cups in 6 years

Edit: Kane injury last season was the one I can think of where one of their key players was out for any significant time

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
How is it that the only team that stays healthy pretty much all season are the Hawks?

Seems like they never get an injury to any of their key players. That's probably a big reason why they've been able to win 3 cups in 6 years

And the biggest injury they have had in years was magically ready by game 1 in the first round

But whatever demon that city sold it soul to win has finally come collecting this offseason

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Yes, they are. We'll see MacKinnon take that big leap everyone was expecting last season.

LeBrun also says he'll have Avs stories up on Thursday and Friday.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
And the biggest injury they have had in years was magically ready by game 1 in the first round

But whatever demon that city sold it soul to win has finally come collecting this offseason

Yeah, and that's probably was a plus because Kane came ready and well rested to start the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad